HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Thrashers trade Sterling and Vernace and 7th to SJ for future considerations.

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Shameus

vCash: 500
Wow that was a let down. Was trying to wrap my head around Nabokov in goal and was starting to get used to the idea. Ughhhhh

Old
06-23-2010, 11:28 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I thought 2 seperate trades with the Sharks were happening?

Old
06-23-2010, 11:31 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

We still need some room for Sopel I think?

Old
06-23-2010, 11:34 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

They all fit now. We ridded 2 guys now we should be at 49.

Old
06-24-2010, 06:23 AM
KevFist
is best pony

No big loss here.... Two career AHLers and a pick that would probably be a career ECHLer. I do like the acqusition of Future Considerations though. he had a great season last year.

Old
06-24-2010, 08:04 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

The Wolves may be pissed though. Sterling was one of the top offensive players in the AHL. Always makes me think of Krog...

Old
06-24-2010, 09:19 AM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
The Wolves may be pissed though. Sterling was one of the top offensive players in the AHL. Always makes me think of Krog...
Screw em. They're not putting the development of our kids first so Dudley shouldn't have their roster interests first. They're the minor league team. Their interests are secondary to the parent club.

Old
06-24-2010, 10:55 AM
AintLifeGrand

Quote:
good, more reason we build our own AHL franchise in Savannah, Charleston, Greenville, Chattanooga, or Columbus and take our players development into our own hands.

Old
06-24-2010, 11:06 AM
cjerina

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
I do like the acqusition of Future Considerations though. he had a great season last year.
I looked him up and couldn't find his stats on HockeyDB, did he play in Europe last year?

Old
06-24-2010, 11:09 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
That's not our problem. We're in this to build our own championship team, not to give the Wolves more Calder Cups.

Old
06-24-2010, 11:38 AM
aparch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
Screw em. They're not putting the development of our kids first so Dudley shouldn't have their roster interests first. They're the minor league team. Their interests are secondary to the parent club.
oooooookkkkaaaaaaayyyy. If you believe that.

Old
06-24-2010, 11:44 AM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparch View Post
oooooookkkkaaaaaaayyyy. If you believe that.
I'm very anxious to hear your point if you have one

Old
06-24-2010, 01:35 PM
aparch

Sure.

I never understood how ATL fans complained that prospects didn't get enough ice time because "veterans" were hogging the minutes. These "veterans" are the same players that ATL fans get excited about hoping they're filling out the third/fourth lines and then they get assigned to the Wolves for the year. See: Haydar, Krog, Kwiatkowski.

Little did spectacular his rookie year in the NHL, after developing well with the Wolves. All because White and Kozlov take last season off and Little has a sophomore slump, Bryan is now "plateaued" because of John Anderson and Little's time with the Wolves?

Grant Lewis had is *ing kneecap busted and missed a good portion of the start of this season still recovering from it. He never did quite return to his same defensive game. But let's blame the Wolves for not developing him too.

Kulda plateaued once he signed his entry level contract. He played his heart out to win the Calder Cup on his try out contract after his juniors season ended. And once he had that deal, he quit putting forth the effort on the ice. The only reason his numbers are so spectacular this season is because he was paired with Chris Chelios for most of his shifts. Unless he shows some fire in training camp, he's another Guilliame Desbiens.

Speaking of Desi, Guilliame gave up on the Thrashers and the Wolves. There was an article out of Winnipeg when he signed his PTO's that he just didn't think he'd get his shot, thought too highly of himself, and used the summer when ATL didn't resign him to get his head straight. He wasn't producing when he would break into the lineup, which caused him to not get picked to play. I could see if he was putting forth the effort every game, but there were repeated shifts where he just coasted on the ice, never got involved, just looked unenthusiastic to be there. The Wolves asked if he wanted to go to Gwinnett to get consistent ice time and get some of that fire back, and he declined; he was happy dressing in a suit and sitting in the upper deck for the Wolves.

Manitoba has no problem developing talent for Vancouver with the "me first, nhl affiliate later" attitude you claim the Wolves have. Hershey has no problem either. If I was developing talent for my parent club, I'd like to have my youth learn the system while winning. Winning (or making consistent playoff runs) definitely helps.

Closed Thread