HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CHI: Versteeg first to be traded for a draft pick

Old
06-24-2010, 04:49 AM
Sarava

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I hope Versteeg will be traded in the East....

I say Florida or Pittsburgh
I don't care if Steeger goes somewhere out west. I just don't see him as the type that would come back to haunt the Hawks in a big way. With him I'd take the best deal offered and run. If that is from Vancouver, then so be it. Them trading the #25 does weaken them down the road.

Guys like Byfuglien and Bolland are two guys I absolutely would not have wanted to see traded out west. They accomplished that with buff going to Atlanta, and Bolland is probably staying.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 02:38 PM
hockeyDude09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep71 View Post
Actually Dale Tallon has already made statements reflecting the following

We also have A J Jenks about to step up, a big LW who has been playing on Seguin's line with the Whalers and who had 63pts in 52games.
Correction on your Jenks comment.

Jenks is a Center and he did NOT play on the same line as Seguin.

He actually centered his own line with no wing support and mustard up 63pts in only 52 regular season games and 12pts in 9 playoff games, great two-way player and just outstanding in the face off circle!!

He did play the point on the PP while Sequin was out there but that's about it.

Jenks really is a prospect to watch...he has the potential to surprise many. His character is off the charts!

hockeyDude09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I don't care if Steeger goes somewhere out west. I just don't see him as the type that would come back to haunt the Hawks in a big way. With him I'd take the best deal offered and run. If that is from Vancouver, then so be it. Them trading the #25 does weaken them down the road.

Guys like Byfuglien and Bolland are two guys I absolutely would not have wanted to see traded out west. They accomplished that with buff going to Atlanta, and Bolland is probably staying.
I am also not against moving Versteeg to a West team ,,,,, As long as it isn't Vancouver

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
I don't care where he goes either if he fetches us another 1st, or two seconds, or a 2nd and a nice prospect.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Randolph42

As a Caps fan, I would be more than happy to deal our 1st round pick (#26) for Versteeg. We got plenty of young talent in Hershey, and we could use Versteeg's playoff production next season. That might also enable the caps to trade Semin for a defenseman without loosing a ton of scoring. It would be fun to see what Versteeg could do in our offense. If Bowman will take #26, GMGM better make that move.

(For those of you about to spam my post by saying "TRADING SEMIN AND NOT LOSING TOO MUCH OFFENSE" just look at Versteeg's playoff numbers vs Semin's)

Randolph42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
26th overall?

Ship it.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote