HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

With the departure of scotty, this is what i propose...

Old
06-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Gutchecktime

vCash: 500
Quote:
I can't really see Murray trading Clark. We don't have too many defensemen in our pipeline, and Clark is probably one of the best ones we have.
Enjoy Clarkie then. Kid is as tough as they come. Loved a game I saw him in with the Battalion where he took a blocked shot off the knee and hobbled all over the ice doing his best to kill the penalty. He's a gamer. Duchene always had good things to say about him.

Gutchecktime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Volcanologist
Used Register

I agree the Ducks' offer for Kaberle would probably be Lupul and the low first.

Burke's looking for a better forward than Lupul though. I don't think the Ducks and Leafs are good trade partners for Kabs.

Why don't you guys go for Gonchar instead?

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
I agree the Ducks' offer for Kaberle would probably be Lupul and the low first.

Burke's looking for a better forward than Lupul though. I don't think the Ducks and Leafs are good trade partners for Kabs.

Why don't you guys go for Gonchar instead?
Gonch is definitely worth a look IMO, but we already have a premier PMD in Lubo, and from what ive heard Gonch was 5+ which IMO is better spent on a shutdown or more defensve minded dman like Martin or Michalek. I wouldnt mind at all if we signde him though to a reasonable deal

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Gutchecktime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Gonch is definitely worth a look IMO, but we already have a premier PMD in Lubo, and from what ive heard Gonch was 5+ which IMO is better spent on a shutdown or more defensve minded dman like Martin or Michalek. I wouldnt mind at all if we signde him though to a reasonable deal
To me, I'd rather spend 5 million+ on a guy like Gonchar who brings both aspects than overpay a guy who brings limited offense. It really depends on what Martin and Michalek's demands are but I'd be careful with how much I offered a defensive minded defenseman.

(Outsider's perspective so grain of salt I guess, but these defensive minded guys always get overpaid on the open market IMO - we signed Komisarek so... speaking from experience? Too much money.)

BTW, Pretty sure you just had about 6-8 posts of semi-reasonable hockey discussion with two Laffs fans. I know, I know, craziness.

Gutchecktime is offline   Reply With Quote