Old
06-25-2010, 08:10 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
i would do it for White & Macarthur straight up
You'd be very sorry making that move in the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 seasons. Remember, White only has 1 year left.

Old
06-25-2010, 10:00 AM
AintLifeGrand

TT still has it and would be a wall for the Thrash in a 2 way or Defense first system. It would also garner some positive press, because I think alot of non nonchalant Thrashers fans who happen to be hockey fans would see this as a major coup, and might turn out to the bulb to see the Thrash's new Venzina winning goalie.

to Bos: Boris Valabik, Todd White, Clarke MacArthur
to ATL: Tim Thomas, Blake Wheeler, Ryder
then unless Kovy re-signs, we are basically done with our off season rebuild.

Kane-Antropov-Bergfors
Ryder-Peverley-Wheeler
Byfuglien-Slater-Little
Pettersson-Cormier-Eager
thorburn

Enstrom-Oduya
Hainsey-Sopel
Bogo-Kulda
Vish

Old
06-25-2010, 10:10 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

That adds about $10 mil in salary. Can't see A$G going for that.

Old
06-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Payinthedues

Maybe it will work out as great as when Lord Byron darkened our door.

Old
06-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Section119

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaze View Post
It depends what they want. I wouldn't mind if we gave crap
We already traded Joey Crap to the Blackhawks!

Old
06-25-2010, 10:52 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I wouldn't take Wheeler no matter what.

Old
06-25-2010, 11:08 AM
KevFist
is best pony

I want no part of Wheeler either. Didn't he already turn us down once?

White + Holzapfel/Esposito + Vishnevsky

for

Thomas + BOS 2nd rd pick (#32)

it just makes sense that if we're going to help a team out by taking on a bigger contract, which we're fully able to do, the other team will have to pay the White Tax

Old
06-25-2010, 11:09 AM
KevFist
is best pony

.....And that beinf said, I'd rather Atlanta go after Ellis in goal. I love Tim Thomas, and love the fact that he was an ECHL'er.... But I think Ellis is the better choice.

Old
06-25-2010, 11:14 AM
HockeyWizz

Thomas is by now way "over the hill'.
How old is Martin Brodeur?

Old
06-25-2010, 11:14 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post

for

it just makes sense that if we're going to help a team out by taking on a bigger contract, which we're fully able to do, the other team will have to pay the White Tax
Well he was drafted by Phoenix and held out like 4 years because he didn't wanna play with them instead he wanted to be with a hockey market. So yea that's basically turning us down in a way too.

Old
06-25-2010, 11:16 AM
HockeyWizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
TT still has it and would be a wall for the Thrash in a 2 way or Defense first system. It would also garner some positive press, because I think alot of non nonchalant Thrashers fans who happen to be hockey fans would see this as a major coup, and might turn out to the bulb to see the Thrash's new Venzina winning goalie.

to Bos: Boris Valabik, Todd White, Clarke MacArthur
to ATL: Tim Thomas, Blake Wheeler, Ryder
then unless Kovy re-signs, we are basically done with our off season rebuild.

Kane-Antropov-Bergfors
Ryder-Peverley-Wheeler
Byfuglien-Slater-Little
Pettersson-Cormier-Eager
thorburn

Enstrom-Oduya
Hainsey-Sopel
Bogo-Kulda
Vish
Blake Wheeler isn't going anywhere, Ryder is in his last year and he most likely will stay put having his brothers problems behind him, not to mention it is his contract year.

Old
06-25-2010, 11:16 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post

for

They take that laughing all the way to the bank. We get killed.

Old
06-25-2010, 11:21 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyWizz View Post
Blake Wheeler isn't going anywhere, Ryder is in his last year and he most likely will stay put having his brothers problems behind him, not to mention it is his contract year.
If Boston gets an offer for Ryder they take it in a heartbeat and never look back lol.

Old
06-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Dangler87

Atlanta actually looks like they have a solid team. WITHOUT Thomas, I see them battling between the 10th-8th position. WITH Thomas, I see them making the playoffs.

Old
06-25-2010, 12:04 PM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

I don't want to surrender assets for Thomas. Nabokov is certainly better, and Ellis nearly as good, and both only cost cash. If Duds believes Pavelec isn't the answer, sign a free agent. We likely gave up too much in the Buff deal; don't keep shedding good assets for an old, expensive goalie.

Old
06-25-2010, 12:16 PM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
I don't want to surrender assets for Thomas. Nabokov is certainly better, and Ellis nearly as good, and both only cost cash. If Duds believes Pavelec isn't the answer, sign a free agent. We likely gave up too much in the Buff deal; don't keep shedding good assets for an old, expensive goalie.

I'm in this camp but the kicker is that we have no guarantee we can convince Nabby or Ellis to Atlanta. We have a legit #1 that wants to come to Atlanta and considering the salary issues in Boston we can probably get him for cheap.

Old
06-25-2010, 12:35 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

To be fair he only wants to come here (it aint even confirmed that he wants to come here) because the coach came and because he knows his career is coming to an end so why not.

Old
06-25-2010, 01:34 PM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
To be fair he only wants to come here (it aint even confirmed that he wants to come here) because the coach came and because he knows his career is coming to an end so why not.
This. If Nabokov still wants to be a starter in the NHL, he has to look where the opportunities are. There likely is one here, and I'm not sure who else really has need. Maybe Lombardi lures him to LA? It's not like we're going after a sniper who can sign with 25 teams of his choosing. There aren't that many opportunities for goalies, and maybe Nabby decides this is his best chance at proving Doug Wilson wrong.

Old
06-25-2010, 01:36 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
His career is NOT coming to an end. He lost his starting job to the best young goalie in the league. He won the Vezina a year ago. If Atlanta wants a #1 goalie who is also incredibly competitive and entertaining, then Thomas is a great choice. People will come to see his antics and his stretches of play when he's the best goalie in the world.

Pavelec is a good option to give him a breather. I think this makes a lot of sense. I doubt the Bruins want anything to do with White (unless it's to move him elsewhere, which would be tough).

What are Trash fans' thoughts on Hainsey? Kind of a local kid, played for Julien in the minors, played at U-Mass Lowell.

Bruins can replace Wideman and Thrash don't add much salary.

But with Kubina maybe moving on, I don't know how you would feel about losing Hainsey as well.

Old
06-25-2010, 01:40 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
His career is NOT coming to an end. He lost his starting job to the best young goalie in the league. He won the Vezina a year ago. If Atlanta wants a #1 goalie who is also incredibly competitive and entertaining, then Thomas is a great choice. People will come to see his antics and his stretches of play when he's the best goalie in the world.

Pavelec is a good option to give him a breather. I think this makes a lot of sense. I doubt the Bruins want anything to do with White (unless it's to move him elsewhere, which would be tough).

What are Trash fans' thoughts on Hainsey? Kind of a local kid, played for Julien in the minors, played at U-Mass Lowell.

Bruins can replace Wideman and Thrash don't add much salary.

But with Kubina maybe moving on, I don't know how you would feel about losing Hainsey as well.
Well I'm not a Trash fan but as a Thrashers fan Hainsey won't be traded. I've wanted him traded countless amounts of times but it won't happen. The franchise is fond of him.

Also highly doubt we take on Thomas salary without giving salary back.

Old
06-25-2010, 01:44 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

TSNBobMcKenzie Only way Tim Thomas to PHI makes sense is if S Gagne goes other way. Could see that happening. Not necessarily today tho. Maybe not at all

WOW the asking price is that high????? for a career coming to an end goalie?

Now I definitely don't want him. Asking price is way to high and not worth it. Sign Nabby and lose nothing at all. Let the Flyers go and get robbed.

Old
06-25-2010, 01:51 PM
wingsarekings*

Quote:
TSNBobMcKenzie Only way Tim Thomas to PHI makes sense is if S Gagne goes other way. Could see that happening. Not necessarily today tho. Maybe not at all

WOW the asking price is that high????? for a career coming to an end goalie?

Now I definitely don't want him. Asking price is way to high and not worth it. Sign Nabby and lose nothing at all. Let the Flyers go and get robbed.
Not to mention Thomas is severely overrated. Boston's lull you to sleep system def padded his numbers.

Just look at Manny Fernandez numbers the year Thomas won the Vezina (in just 54 games!!!), the guy coudln't even find a job the following year.

Better off signing Nabby. Problem is he's reaching the end of his career and would probably like to play for a winning team to prove Wilson wrong. Nabokov's best chance at a cup is Philly.

Old
06-25-2010, 01:57 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Then I'd rather have Ellis > Thomas. If Philly would have to give up Gagne, we would have to overpay. I could imagine them asking for 8th overall for Thomas straight up.. lolzz

Old
06-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by warf1234 View Post
Not to mention Thomas is severely overrated. Boston's lull you to sleep system def padded his numbers.

Just look at Manny Fernandez numbers the year Thomas won the Vezina (in just 54 games!!!), the guy coudln't even find a job the following year.

Better off signing Nabby. Problem is he's reaching the end of his career and would probably like to play for a winning team to prove Wilson wrong. Nabokov's best chance at a cup is Philly.
Over-rated? Philli is up against the cap to support the 5mil. Theyd have to send gagne back.

Thomas is a very good goalie, and who can we say has one a vezina ever in our system?
yeah...

Old
06-25-2010, 03:32 PM
atlsportsfan17

what are the chances we go after thomas and savard

Closed Thread