HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF's NYR Draft Preview

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-25-2010, 09:16 AM
  #51
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
Heard from a reliable source late last night that the "short list" is down to one player. So the Rangers have one guy in mind. I, of course, did not get a name, but this will not be just a "best player available" pick.

hmmm.. i find that odd.

if true, then to me that means its a guy they think they can get. you dont focus on one guy unless you pretty much know hes gonne be there.

connolly
tarasenko
johansen

those are the 3 names.

if you focus on 1 guy, then that has to mean its a guy they assume will be there at 10. and if its gets close and hes still there at say 8, they will move up to ne certain they grab him.

if the board pretty much goes as plan, then our guy is one of those 3 above. no doubt.

im getting this creepy uneasiness that johansen may be that guy. just a feeling, and im not liking it one bit.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:37 AM
  #52
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
hmmm.. i find that odd.

if true, then to me that means its a guy they think they can get. you dont focus on one guy unless you pretty much know hes gonne be there.

connolly
tarasenko
johansen

those are the 3 names.

if you focus on 1 guy, then that has to mean its a guy they assume will be there at 10. and if its gets close and hes still there at say 8, they will move up to ne certain they grab him.

if the board pretty much goes as plan, then our guy is one of those 3 above. no doubt.

im getting this creepy uneasiness that johansen may be that guy. just a feeling, and im not liking it one bit.
I would be thrilled with any one of those three. I've liked Johansen since he started his rise, Connolly is Connolly and the more I've learned about Tarasenko, the more I've loved the idea.






Any way we can get two of the three?

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 09:55 AM
  #53
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malfobi88 View Post
Because Skinner has the feel of Pavel Brendl 2.0?
Brendl had a poor work ethic. Skinner is a very hard worker. Not even remotely the same.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 02:08 PM
  #54
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Leslie, while I have had no problem disagreeing with some of the conclusions you have drawn, especially regarding the draft, understand that I appreciate the information and insight you provide. You are miles ahead of the local beat writers in that regard.
Second that. Fairly new to the forum but I've followed this site for a few years now and mostly I've read about the Rangers so thanks for the hours of entertainment and great writing and insight.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 02:25 PM
  #55
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,224
vCash: 500
Thanks for the kind words.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 03:00 PM
  #56
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I would be thrilled with any one of those three. I've liked Johansen since he started his rise, Connolly is Connolly and the more I've learned about Tarasenko, the more I've loved the idea.






Any way we can get two of the three?

Actually, give me Tarasenko and Burmistrov, and the Rangers could go home for the rest of the draft, AFAIC.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 03:02 PM
  #57
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Actually, give me Tarasenko and Burmistrov, and the Rangers could go home for the rest of the draft, AFAIC.
QFT.

EDIT: Actually, if they ended up with both, it means one of them fell hard. And if one of these two falls like a rock, Kuznetov is going to fall like a boulder. So trade up for Kuznetov too!

Your 2014-2015 NYR 1st line:

Kuznetov - Burmistrov - Tarasenko

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 03:05 PM
  #58
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
QFT.

EDIT: Actually, if they ended up with both, it means one of them fell hard. And if one of these two falls like a rock, Kuznetov is going to fall like a boulder. So trade up for Kuznetov too!

Your 2014-2015 NYR 1st line:

Kuznetov - Burmistrov - Tarasenko
Now, you're just being greedy.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 03:08 PM
  #59
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Now, you're just being greedy.
Maybe, but look at it this way:

Burmistrov is in Canada already.

Tarasenko had a contract that kept him in Russia since last year.

Kuznetov signed a new KHL contract for two addition years only a few weeks ago.
___

If one of Burmistrov/Tarasenko falls to ~20, I have to believe Kuznetov falls to at least the late second round. I think Kuznetov is the player that will be most affected by the KHL factor, personally.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 03:13 PM
  #60
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Maybe, but look at it this way:

Burmistrov is in Canada already.

Tarasenko had a contract that kept him in Russia since last year.

Kuznetov signed a new KHL contract for two addition years only a few weeks ago.
___

If one of Burmistrov/Tarasenko falls to ~20, I have to believe Kuznetov falls to at least the late second round. I think Kuznetov is the player that will be most affected by the KHL factor, personally.
I'd agree with that. He's got a two-year commitment to the KHL. I've seen him in the 1st round on a lot of mocks, but, you cannot rule out the...(pausing for dramatic effect)..."Russian factor".

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 03:21 PM
  #61
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I'd agree with that. He's got a two-year commitment to the KHL. I've seen him in the 1st round on a lot of mocks, but, you cannot rule out the...(pausing for dramatic effect)..."Russian factor".
Here's what it'd take to happen I think:

Tarasenko and Burmistrov available at our spot (#10): next 4 picks: Stars (11), Ducks (12), Phoenix (13), Blues (14), Bruins (15).

1) Trade 10, 40, 2010 4th rounder to Phoenix for 13, 22, 2010 3rd rounder

Draft Burmistrov at 13 (I think Tarasenko's better, but I also think he's more likely to fall)

Trade #22 + Gilroy to Boston for 15.

Draft Tarasenko at 15 (might be able to wait a few more picks [~17 or 18], but once you get to 19-20 I think teams like Pitt and LA are more likely to overlook the risks associated with Tarasenko).

Trade 2011 2nd + (edit: 2010) 3rd rounder acquired from Phoenix to a team for a mid-late 2nd rounder.

Draft Kuznetov.

---

Obviously, this is very contingent, and won't happen, but I don't think the trade values are far off or that the thought of these Russians dropping is unlikely (moreso Tarasenko and Kuznetov).

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 03:26 PM
  #62
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,508
vCash: 500
Rumors are Phoenix wants to move up...maybe to 8 or 9.

So the question is, do you worry about Phoenix picking the guy you want? Or do you become a potential trade partner with them?

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 03:31 PM
  #63
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Here's what it'd take to happen I think:

Tarasenko and Burmistrov available at our spot (#10): next 4 picks: Stars (11), Ducks (12), Phoenix (13), Blues (14), Bruins (15).

1) Trade 10, 40, 2010 4th rounder to Phoenix for 13, 22, 2010 3rd rounder

Draft Burmistrov at 13 (I think Tarasenko's better, but I also think he's more likely to fall)

Trade #22 + Gilroy to Boston for 15.

Draft Tarasenko at 15 (might be able to wait a few more picks [~17 or 18], but once you get to 19-20 I think teams like Pitt and LA are more likely to overlook the risks associated with Tarasenko).

Trade 2011 2nd + (edit: 2010) 3rd rounder acquired from Phoenix to a team for a mid-late 2nd rounder.

Draft Kuznetov.

---

Obviously, this is very contingent, and won't happen, but I don't think the trade values are far off or that the thought of these Russians dropping is unlikely (moreso Tarasenko and Kuznetov).
I am NOT prepared to sit through the drama of those machinations tonight.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 03:32 PM
  #64
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Rumors are Phoenix wants to move up...maybe to 8 or 9.

So the question is, do you worry about Phoenix picking the guy you want? Or do you become a potential trade partner with them?
Saw some speculation on their board that Campbell is the their guy. They may be trying to jump Dallas to get him, and if so, it would be a great trade (~10+40 for 13+22), imo. Don't see the teams between 11 and 14 being interested in Tarasenko, and I think Dallas and Anaheim will go d-men.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 03:34 PM
  #65
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I am NOT prepared to sit through the drama of those machinations tonight.
Play the Pierre McGuire drinking game.

By the 10th pick you'll be drunk enough to just go with the flow.

Quote:
The Official Pierre McGuire Drinking Game

DRINK ONE GULP OF YOUR DRINK IF PIERRE USES ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:

* Dion Phaneuf
* Mike Richards
* Carey Price
* Jonathen Toews
* Monster
* Whaaamo!
* El- Kabong
* Real Deal
* Puck Poise
* Big Body Presence
* Active Stick
* Calls a Player “Special” or ” a fine young man”
* Wow!

DRINK TWO GULPS OF YOUR DRINK IF PIERRE:

* Giggles at any point during the game
* Pronounces a European club team using European Pronounciation
* Mentions people he met in Europe
* Says ” Team ‘X’ Scouting staff did a great job finding this player”
* Says Something extremely gay (EX. Big Stick…SHOWERS….player with shirt off)
* Goes nuts when a team, has too many men
* WJC host city is “Beautiful” or “Filled with great people”
* If a stick breaks and Pierre rambles on about one-piece sticks
* Says welcome to the Show (Ex. Welcome to the Crosby Show)
* Cuts off Gord Miller (Ex. WJC 2009 Eberle ties the game)
* If pierre says “Time and Space”
* If Pierre goes on about a players Junior Career
* If Pierre says “Its Hammer Time”
* Says “Sheer Larcany”

HAVE 3 GULPS OF YOUR DRINK IF PIERRE:

* Mentions a Staal brother who isn’t playing
* Mentions a Sutter brother who isn’t involved in the game
* Says the Game is a Classic!
* says ” Team X should be so exicted about havng this guy he is gonna be great for them down the road”.
* If Pierre says “Roof Daddy”
* If Pierre goes ” Thats a Double Dion”

CHUG A BEER IF PIERRE:

* Has an Orgasm at the mic (Ex. Dustin Tokarski save WJC 2009)
* If Pierre ruins the moment aka butchers the call (Ex. WJC 2009 Eberle ties the game with 5.5 seconds left…. Gord Miller: Can you Believe it!..Pierre: I can!
http://chickswhogiveapuck.com/2010/0...drinking-game/

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 03:38 PM
  #66
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I am NOT prepared to sit through the drama of those machinations tonight.
I think I need a program just to keep track of it.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 03:42 PM
  #67
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I think I need a program just to keep track of it.
Fair enough. Can't control who's there, but what I proposed isn't too complicated.

1) Trade down: pick 10 and 40 to Phoenix for 13 and 22.

2) Trade up: pick 22 and (Gilroy/2011 2nd rounder) for a pick between 15 and 18.

3) Potentially grab a mid-late second rounder depending on if a Russian falls that far (Kuznetov or even Kabanov)

Could easily end up with Burmistrov, Tarasenkov, and Kuznetov/Kabanov if things fall in place.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 07:48 PM
  #68
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
not a chance in .....
lol all I can say is lol at what they actually picked.
What happenned!? Ugh how could they give up Fowler, Tarasenko, Gormley, etc...oh well


The kids not even suppossed to be NHL ready for another 2 years we could get Tarasenko for the same wait time and...sigh (Picks up "Fire Sather" sign and heads to MSG.)

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.