HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Campbell: Union (Snow) grievance 'lame'

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2003, 06:29 AM
NYIsles1*

vCash: 500
Campbell: Union (Snow) grievance 'lame'

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=55705

Campbell: Union grievance 'lame'

``That's pretty lame,'' Campbell, the NHL's director of hockey operations, said after league GM meetings Tuesday. ``We worked hard on this, and then you hear about a grievance.

``Is it all the goaltenders? No. It's a couple of guys that don't like it.''

``I'm still working on that,'' Snow said. ``I'm still going to make the save, it's just how much pain there will be making the saves.''

Snow has gone back to wearing pads that are similar to those he donned while playing for Vancouver and Philadelphia.

``I've gained more mobility, and if anything it's probably made me quicker getting from Point A to Point B and playing pucks,'' Snow said. ``When I had longer pads, I wasn't as active (playing pucks).''

Old
10-01-2003, 06:56 AM
NYIsles1*

Too bad.........

Bettman and his people do not feel as strongly regarding cash exchanging hands in salary dumps of players as they do about goaltending equipment.

Could it be because the larger markets are the ones that get those players, so it helps what the NHL is selling?

Wonder what hurts the game more. Garth Snow's pads or Alexei Kovelev traded from Pittsburgh to New York for 3,999,999.99 ?

Wonder what would have happened if the Pens were not allowed to receive any finanical compensation and had to simply put him on waivers?

Things like that makes me pull for Snow.

How about setting the rules for salary dump trades like signing a restricted free agent from another team:
No cash exchanged in any deal between teams.
League can reject traded: IE Palffy
Compensation is based on production, age and salary, in other words five draft picks.

I know the market in Pittsburgh would be better for it today and that sure helps hockey.

Old
10-01-2003, 07:47 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Point taken about Kovalev, et al. However, the pad situation isn't the NHL v. Garth Snow. It's being enforced league-wide. Thankfully.

Garth just happens to be the poster boy, based on appearance. I root for Garth to win games too. I also understand fully why people cite him frequently when the topic of excess padding is raised.

Closed Thread