HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

NHL Draft Part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-25-2010, 10:06 PM
  #51
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
The Habs should try to get a second rounder and a third rounder for some of their actual players that are not in the team's plans anymore.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 10:08 PM
  #52
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
The Habs should try to get a second rounder and a third rounder for some of their actual players that are not in the team's plans anymore.
None of our deadwood are worth a 2nd or 3rd.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 10:08 PM
  #53
habspinner
Registered User
 
habspinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,723
vCash: 500
Real_ESPNLeBrun

Flyers trade rights to Dan Hamhuis to Pittsburgh for third round pick next year

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 10:09 PM
  #54
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
lol @ Flyers unable to sign Hamhuis.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 10:10 PM
  #55
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I guess Brock Nelson and Tyler Pitlick were just creations of the internet hype....

Still I believe in those players. Can't believe Coyle went ahead of Nelson.
Nelson and Pitlick were both late birthdays, some teams knock those players down a bit because they have an extra year of development over guys that may only be turning 18 in the summer. Nelson is more like the 172lbs that TSN had than the 205 that THN has him listed at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
Real_ESPNLeBrun

Flyers trade rights to Dan Hamhuis to Pittsburgh for third round pick next year
Probably stems from Gonchar looking for a 3 year deal at 36. Players signed after 35, if they retire with an active contract still carry a full cap hit.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 10:34 PM
  #56
sXe
Yuuuuuup!
 
sXe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
cya tomorrow!


Here's how he really wanted to react :

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 10:38 PM
  #57
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
Here's how he really wanted to react :
LOL i remmeber that. Personally i hope McFarland goes to a good rebuilding team where he will get his shot.

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 11:56 PM
  #58
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
Coverage Day 2....Where and at what time?

TSN and TSN2 doesn't seem to care whatsoever. When you see that RIS might be the best place to watch....you know you have to find something else....Still, I know that RIS will have something at 1PM (they did say that they will have updates every 1/2 hour)

So who else? And yet, does it start at 1PM? Didn't it start at 9AM or 10AM in previous years? When is the info about that? I go to NHL.com, TSN and don't see a thing....

Can't wait to hear Gaston Therrien dissing the Habs pick on the basis that he don't know the kids....

Edit: Just saw that NHL Network also will have something starting at 1PM. So I guess that's when it starts....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 11:59 PM
  #59
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,108
vCash: 500
The NHL Network will have coverage.

But be aware that it's ****** coverage. They will basically just recap day 1, and interview a few random picks from rounds 2 and on.

It's best to just stick with refreshing NHL.com.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 12:06 AM
  #60
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
Here's how he really wanted to react :
Maybe his sister wanted to react this way? :

http://www.radio-canada.ca/Medianet/...06241130_1.asx

(That was live on RDI news channel, on Thursday...)

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 12:18 AM
  #61
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Maybe his sister wanted to react this way? :

http://www.radio-canada.ca/Medianet/...06241130_1.asx

(That was live on RDI news channel, on Thursday...)
Hahahaha nice...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 12:37 AM
  #62
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,108
vCash: 500
Here's hoping Boston doesn't draft Merrill or Kabanov at 32 or 45, although I doubt Merrill drops to 45.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 12:52 AM
  #63
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Maybe his sister wanted to react this way? :

http://www.radio-canada.ca/Medianet/...06241130_1.asx

(That was live on RDI news channel, on Thursday...)
That made me LOL

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 01:02 AM
  #64
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Here's hoping Boston doesn't draft Merrill or Kabanov at 32 or 45, although I doubt Merrill drops to 45.
why ? go bruins go ahead with 2 guys who have some serious character issue

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 01:16 AM
  #65
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
TSN and TSN2 doesn't seem to care whatsoever. When you see that RIS might be the best place to watch....you know you have to find something else....Still, I know that RIS will have something at 1PM (they did say that they will have updates every 1/2 hour)

So who else? And yet, does it start at 1PM? Didn't it start at 9AM or 10AM in previous years? When is the info about that? I go to NHL.com, TSN and don't see a thing....

Can't wait to hear Gaston Therrien dissing the Habs pick on the basis that he don't know the kids....

Edit: Just saw that NHL Network also will have something starting at 1PM. So I guess that's when it starts....
If CKAC has it that's all that matters. McGuire and Dubé are the only Quebecers commentators worth listening to during stuff like this. Yesterday I was surfing between TSN and CKAC, I only watched RDS once, saw Alain Crete asking a stupid Spezza question to Bryan Murray and switched back to CKAC.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 01:24 AM
  #66
Zeroknowledge*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Facing a PC
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Here's hoping Boston doesn't draft Merrill or Kabanov at 32 or 45, although I doubt Merrill drops to 45.
Kabanov will most like be available at 45

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 01:25 AM
  #67
PyrettaBlaze*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,264
vCash: 500
Our picks tomorrow:

4th Round
#113, #117

5th Round
#147

7th Round
#207

Hopefully we can add a second or third round pick.


Last edited by PyrettaBlaze*: 06-26-2010 at 01:32 AM.
PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 01:41 AM
  #68
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,098
vCash: 500
worst pick are Dylan McIlrath and Jack Campbell imo.

WTF DALLAS ? they need a d-men and they could have made a steal by drafting exaclty what they need .They took a goalie when fowler and gormley were available........

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 01:44 AM
  #69
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Can't wait to hear Gaston Therrien dissing the Habs pick on the basis that he don't know the kids....
he already started before the draft with his sarcastic comment on how the habs will will take BPA over a quebecois prospects and bla bla bla

i really can't stand that guy. Leroux is the only credible guy over there but even then outside the qmjhl im not sure he know's more than some poster here. he talk about Skinner as a possible pick for the habs...are you for real ?

and don't get me started on Flynn...everytime a ushl guy was pick he try his best to not bash the league bla bla bla. he must spend a lot of money on draft guide because thats all he does does during the draft, read draft guide player profile

and Benoit freaking Brunet (i tough he was fire ) what the **** was he doing there ? he know **** about nhler...how the hell is he going to know about juniors players llol

rds rant over

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 01:50 AM
  #70
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
he already started before the draft with his sarcastic comment on how the habs will will take BPA over a quebecois prospects and bla bla bla

i really can't stand that guy. Leroux is the only credible guy over there but even then outside the qmjhl im not sure he know's more than some poster here. he talk about Skinner as a possible pick for the habs...are you for real ?

and don't get me started on Flynn...everytime a ushl guy was pick he try his best to not bash the league bla bla bla. he must spend a lot of money on draft guide because thats all he does does during the draft, read draft guide player profile

and Benoit freaking Brunet (i tough he was fire ) what the **** was he doing there ? he know **** about nhler...how the hell is he going to know about juniors players llol

rds rant over
don't know if you heard , but brunet said ''criss sont ben vite'' ( **** they are quick )on air tonight hahah

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 03:03 AM
  #71
Makander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Why are some people whining we took another defenseman? We have Camalleri, Gomez, Gionta, Plekanec in our top 6 for the next 4-5 years, then we have AK,Max pac, Eller, Leblanc, Pouliot, Danny Kristo and possibly a trade/free agent to fill the next 2 spot. I dont know why people want to aim for a third liner prospect with the 22 overall pick.

Makander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 05:49 AM
  #72
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,016
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Didn't comment yesterday but I have to say I love the Habs pick in the first round. If he can become a solid dman like his dad it wold be great.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 06:30 AM
  #73
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,318
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
were whining because we traded up for a type of prospect that can be had later on in the draft, he's not a special player.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 06:37 AM
  #74
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
were whining because we traded up for a type of prospect that can be had later on in the draft, he's not a special player.
Maybe because this is THE player that the Habs wanted. I am pretty sure going into yesterday, they knew they wanted Tinordi ( because his jersey was already made ) and with the way the draft was going ( all over the place ) they didn't want to take a chance in losing him. As if you guys know more than the men paid in place to do this.

Oh yeah i forgot, it was stated yesterday on NHL network that Buffalo wanted Tinordi real bad. So, well ummmm !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 06:46 AM
  #75
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!
 
TheHabMan43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,955
vCash: 500
Would it be worth ordering NHL Network for round 2?

TheHabMan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.