HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaberle/Kulemin for Perry

Old
06-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Jimmy McNulty

vCash: 500
Before someone comes in and tells us to leave Eklund alone because he just reports rumors and most rumors don't happen...

This is why everyone craps on him. This rumor makes no damn sense.

Jimmy McNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 11:42 AM
hdtrax

All of Leafs Nation wishes this was true.

But seriously, if this were legit, we would've seen more excitement out of Burke already. Instead of watching him eat a bag of chips all day yesterday.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Lahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs38 View Post
Oh my god!

That was hilarious!

Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 12:05 PM
westisbest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage93 View Post
for Ryan would make a tad more sense since Kulemin is essentially a poor man's Ryan.

Kaberle replaces Niedermeyer's spot.

Not saying the value is spot on, but I think the needs are there.
Man you Leaf fans have to stop overating your players. How the hell is Kulemin anything close to what Ryan is? Ryan was a 2nd overall pick, 2nd only to Sidney Crosby. Is a 2 time 30 goal scorer, and over his career is just about a point per player.

I know all of us are so sick and tired of you guys carrying on and on about Kaberle this Kaberle that and hopefully this torture comes to an end soon. It was the same thing with Antropov, for years on these forums there was non stop, obsessive talk about him and being dealt for Lindros and to every other team in the NHL.

Kaberle is a declining defenceman no matter what you wanna say, I don't understand why the Mods don't perma ban all Kaberle trade proposals and fake rumors until the deal is actually done. It's not even fun to read the speculation, it's just friggin ridiculous.

westisbest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 12:07 PM
ILuvLucic*

Nice move for TO if true.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Washington Capitals

I don't believe it for a second.

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Thanks for posting this...I needed a good laugh this morning.

hatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 12:08 PM
westisbest*

And furthermore, you Leaf fans constantly talk about getting rid of players on your team over the years, yet anytime anyone questions the return you say "OH THAT'S NOT ENOUGH" you want these guys to have so much value yet you are so desperate to get rid of them. If these guys were really as good as you think they are, you'd rather want to talk about different ways how to maybe keep them.

westisbest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by westisbest View Post
Man you Leaf fans have to stop overating your players. How the hell is Kulemin anything close to what Ryan is? Ryan was a 2nd overall pick, 2nd only to Sidney Crosby. Is a 2 time 30 goal scorer, and over his career is just about a point per player.

I know all of us are so sick and tired of you guys carrying on and on about Kaberle this Kaberle that and hopefully this torture comes to an end soon. It was the same thing with Antropov, for years on these forums there was non stop, obsessive talk about him and being dealt for Lindros and to every other team in the NHL.

Kaberle is a declining defenceman no matter what you wanna say, I don't understand why the Mods don't perma ban all Kaberle trade proposals and fake rumors until the deal is actually done. It's not even fun to read the speculation, it's just friggin ridiculous.
You do know the phrase "poor man's" doesn't in fact mean "almost as good as"...right?

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 12:11 PM
KesselySnipes

Quote:
And furthermore, you Leaf fans constantly talk about getting rid of players on your team over the years, yet anytime anyone questions the return you say "OH THAT'S NOT ENOUGH" you want these guys to have so much value yet you are so desperate to get rid of them. If these guys were really as good as you think they are, you'd rather want to talk about different ways how to maybe keep them.
Tell us how you really feel.

I'm not sure if we're reading the same thread here but 90% of Leaf fans are laughing at the rumour. Maybe it's just that evil east coast bias that's blinding you.

KesselySnipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 12:13 PM
markov`

I hope it isn't true, I'd hate to see Perry in the Leafs.

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 12:14 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by markov` View Post
I hope it isn't true, I'd hate to see Perry in the Leafs.
You don't need to be worried.

hatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Lahey

NOOO. Devante-Smith-Pelley is gone

Old
06-26-2010, 12:19 PM
teleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCourt View Post
i think ek just pulls names and teams out of a hat...or these 'sources' are voices from inside his head.
In this case it was posted last night on bleacher report before the hockeyputz got wind of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan07 View Post
Who's his source? some Leafs fan on a random hockey board?
Funny last night a poster on HF posted a link to an article by Mark Ritter saying this exact trade and people accused the HF poster of making it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloFan4Life View Post
I love how this rumor got locked yesterday but it is ok today because Ekhack wrote it.
Just a matter of time before this one ends up locked
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko View Post
Before someone comes in and tells us to leave Eklund alone because he just reports rumors and most rumors don't happen...

This is why everyone craps on him. This rumor makes no damn sense.
Personally I think the hockeyputz is a joke but he had rumours that proved to be true recently.
This rumour makes very little sense but occasionally an outlandish rumour(and this one falls into the outlandish category) comes through.

Quote:

Quote:
I have an idea for you westisbest. HFboards should ban all Leaf fans and you can personally supervise the public flogging of each and every Leaf fan. Or you can just skip the threads that are clearly so upsetting to you.

Last edited by teleman: 06-26-2010 at 12:25 PM.
teleman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Agenda Glasses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Jay Onrait and TSN are going to love this one.
lol, I assume you saw Onrait bashing Ek on Twitter last night?

Agenda Glasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

The fact that Boston just took Jared Knight with OUR PICK just pisses me off THAT MUCH MORE. URGH WHY BURKE, WHY?

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Leafssss

Anaheim just got fowler, they're not that interested in another big-name defenceman

Leafssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Lahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrageous Leafs Fan View Post
Anaheim just got fowler, they're not that interested in another big-name defenceman
Fowler wont be ready for next year.

Old
06-26-2010, 02:50 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrageous Leafs Fan View Post
That makes no sense. He's 18. And they need more than just 1 defenseman.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Belak Attack
:walrus:

Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
**** you Eklund! I wish it was true. So badly.

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 02:57 PM
alx83*

As far as I'm concerned Perry and Getzlaf are only parts to each others success, not the only reason they're both good. This season Perry led the team in points and played great even without Getzlaf. Perry is underrated by a lot of people who believe he's only good because of Getzlaf. In other words, this trade makes no sense. Perry is going to be a first line winger here his career playing alongside Getzlaf.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Quote:

That's what speculation boards are for, skippy.

Voodoo Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Paul4587

This just proves how much of a tool Eklund is. I can't believe he gets paid to make ******** like this up.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 06:20 PM
alx83*

Why does this thread still exist?

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote