HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

So much for any draft speculation...

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2005, 10:37 AM
forceten

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to forceten
So much for any draft speculation...

They cancelled the draft today. I'm really bummed. Now there's not even a chance for new guys to suit up for our minor league affiliates.. no new guys to watch and speculate about in juniors.

Old
03-24-2005, 01:55 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

I don't know. On the one hand it sucks for those guys who have been working towards getting drafted this year. On the other hand, I tend to favor raising the draft age to 19, and this might be the perfect opportunity to do it. Just push this year's draft to next year; the '06 class to '07 etc. (The draft order is of course a whole other story).

It's going to be a long summer though. I may have to learn to like baseball.

Last edited by ratsgirl: 03-24-2005 at 02:24 PM.
Old
03-24-2005, 07:03 PM
MattNJD

Send a message via AIM to MattNJD
It will be interesting to see where the AHL stacks up in all of this. For example, shouldn't Crosby be able to sign with the highest bidding AHL team? He'll be of age no NHL team will have rights to him... Let the speculation begin.

Old
03-25-2005, 09:56 PM
DevilFisch

Send a message via ICQ to DevilFisch Send a message via AIM to DevilFisch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsgirl
I don't know. On the one hand it sucks for those guys who have been working towards getting drafted this year. On the other hand, I tend to favor raising the draft age to 19, and this might be the perfect opportunity to do it. Just push this year's draft to next year; the '06 class to '07 etc. (The draft order is of course a whole other story).

It's going to be a long summer though. I may have to learn to like baseball.
Just do what I do. Reminesce over past NHL seasons and learn to like the AND1 MIXTAPE TOUR! Sure, the guy with the mic at all the games is annoying as anything and the fundamentals are more absent than Cups for the Blackhawks; but it's not baseball!

Oh, how I wish a CBA were to be signed soon.

On a side note: I don't mind seeing the draft age being raised to 19 and having a weighted lottery for the draft order. Though, I want to have a draft, which would mean a new CBA, and that would mean a new NHL season soon.

Closed Thread