HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toronto's seventh best prospect

View Poll Results: Who's Toronto's 7th best prospect?
Kronwall 5 13.16%
White 10 26.32%
Bell 14 36.84%
Sagat 2 5.26%
Pogge 3 7.89%
Racine 1 2.63%
Mitchell 3 7.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Dark Knight
#WeTheGooners

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Puppets
Not really. The poll is redundant and has brought out people who know absolutely nothing about our prospect who appear to be band-wagon voting. Kind of sad.

I mean we have people arguing that Bell should make it one potential alone just because he improved from last year. Thats bull. Ian White had to improve plenty just to survive in the AHL and worked all off-season to do it. Not only is that dedication, but it shows he can make teh transition from feeder leagues easily. He also outplayed Bell the entire season, has gained acclaim from prety much everybody around him, has stood up to the competition small and large and has shown much better hockey smarts and offensive potential than Bell has his entire career to this point. And he did it while being a full year younger.

The mere fact that 7 people voted for Kronwall last time, is enough to make this joke a laughing stock. Anyone who knows anything about our prospects would know that Kronwall would make the top 15 if he was lucky. And then, those same people that voted for Kronwall changed their vote. They went with what everybody else was saying. And I'll be damned if it was because over 2-3 days they decided to spend their time pouring over news reports, interviews and scouting sites.

The poll is useless, end of story.
People make assumptions if they're not sure, granted. What i noticed was that the rankings have changed. Im not going to blame anyone for picking who someone else picked or nominated, i just found it interesting enough...I'm dead sure if we do this one more time, the rankings will be different.

Old
03-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDdY
People make assumptions if they're not sure, granted. What i noticed was that the rankings have changed. Im not going to blame anyone for picking who someone else picked or nominated, i just found it interesting enough...I'm dead sure if we do this one more time, the rankings will be different.
But not significantly different. A guy moves up a notch, another moves down two..yadda yadda yadda, who really gives a ****?

Sorry but I'm bitter as all hell tonight and when I'm bitter, it shows.

Old
03-26-2005, 06:49 AM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Puppets
Ian White had to improve plenty just to survive in the AHL and worked all off-season to do it. Not only is that dedication, but it shows he can make the transition from feeder leagues easily. He also outplayed Bell the entire season, has gained acclaim from pretty much everybody around him, has stood up to the competition small and large and has shown much better hockey smarts and offensive potential than Bell has his entire career to this point. And he did it while being a full year younger.

Nice description on White. They should use that as part of the scouting report on him.

It takes some gifted talent to get the puck to the net from the blueline. If he's not going to shoot, you see a real quick thinking defenceman who makes the prettiest pass while under pressure from the opposing player. He's just not lucky, kid's got mad skillz.

Having said that, I'm just worried what Quinn will do with him. I love Quinn, but we all know Quinn is not a fan of the smaller players.
But the kid will play in the NHL.

Old
03-26-2005, 08:34 AM
Pulfy14

I'm going to let this poll go for a bit more

Old
03-26-2005, 09:36 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Random selection would be just as accurate as these lists.

Kronwall for one has been playing in the SEL since he was 20, and was on Sweden's WJC team of 2002. Sure I've only seen him a couple times, and the last time was about a month ago and he looked quite good.

Who knows, what he'd do in a smaller rink, with less room for forwards to get around his 6'4" frame.

SEL had lots of elite NHLers playing this season. AHL can't boast anything like Naslund, Forsberg, Morrison, ... had this season. No comparison.

White could be a good choice at this stage, he's been very reliable in the AHL, which isn't quite up to the SEL, but is the top league in NA right now.

Bell could be a reasonable selection at this point as well. Maybe expectations were higher in his second go round, but defenders mistakes end up in the net and a poor +/- is something you look at but don't live and die with.

Closed Thread