HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philly to deal for Nabokov's rights

Old
06-27-2010, 12:01 AM
JackZap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Philly is one goalie away. We don't have that flexibility right now. Gauthier is being very active. My issue isn't with someone wishing we should do more. My problem is people who make a b!tch fest out of EVERY move by other teams. Byfuglien gets traded and not to the Habs, these people say "FACK Gauthier Fire Him", the Flyers are talking now to Nabokov, and these people say "Habs are asleep again". Honestly, I want all of these fools to go support the Leafs who trade every single year which'll appease these lunatics who just want moves for the sake of it. Honestly, God willing I'd remove all of their Habs allegiances. It's becoming a cancer.
well we need a ****ing top 6 winger if u havent noticed. Flyers are making moves, being aggressive I like that. If u dont like that, well too ****ing bad? its a ****ing message board, ppl express their opinions, chill the **** out. I wanna get better as opposed to hoping AK will be scoring those 35 goals and not have BP disappear for 25 games. Whats the plan here? we have the same ****ing team as last year without the guy who saved our ass. So ya, excuse me if I want PG to move for a big winger and pretend hes doing something

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
well we need a ****ing top 6 winger if u havent noticed. Flyers are making moves, being aggressive I like that. If u dont like that, well too ****ing bad? its a ****ing message board, ppl express their opinions, chill the **** out. I wanna get better as opposed to hoping AK will score those 35 goals and not have BP disappear for 25 games. Whats the plan here? we have the same ****ing team as last year without the guy who saved our ass. How are we better?
The Flyers just lost one of their cheap defenseman by being over aggressive. if you like moves for the sake of moves, you won't be happy with the outcome. You'll lose assets, pick up contracts like Lecavalier's and so on.

Getting better? It's June 27, 2010. It's not even July 1st. Wait and see before you start whining like a baby.

We don't need to know the plan. Talk about the team before the season starts. You need two teams to trade. Please, curb your bashing of the team until a more appropriate time. It's getting old.

Get some patience.

There are 3 problems with Habs fans:

1) When the GM doesn't tell them what the plan is, they assume the GM doesn't have one.
2) When there's no movement, they expect that the GM is "asleep" and not working.
3) Habs fans have a right to field a French-influenced team, no they don't.

Which one are you?

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 12:06 AM
JackZap

Quote:
It's June 27, 2010. It's not even July 1st. Wait and see before you start whining like a baby.
im giving credit to the flyers. youre the one who seems to have a stick up his ass. Who is out there julys 1st on the UFA list to play on the top 6?

Old
06-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
im giving credit to the flyers. youre the one who seems to have a stick up his ass. Who is out there julys 1st on the UFA list to play on the top 6?
I don't have a stick up my ass. You seem to be one of those lunatics who just disses the team because you have nothing else to do. Don't have you any other hobbies? Stop refreshing TSN or RDS for Habs news. Wait until it comes. Do something else with your life. Stop being a cancer to the fan base. The Flyers just lost Parent for nothing, you shouldn't be giving them credit for *****.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 12:11 AM
JackZap

Quote:
The Flyers just lost one of their cheap defenseman by being over aggressive. if you like moves for the sake of moves, you won't be happy with the outcome. You'll lose assets, pick up contracts like Lecavalier's and so on.

Getting better? It's June 27, 2010. It's not even July 1st. Wait and see before you start whining like a baby.

We don't need to know the plan. Talk about the team before the season starts. You need two teams to trade. Please, curb your bashing of the team until a more appropriate time. It's getting old.

Get some patience.
im talking about what im seeing now, I like that the flyers are being aggressive. Just like they were aggressive in pursuing Timonen and Hartnell. Flyers fan arent crying over Parent. So it didnt work out, ok move on. It didnt work out for Sundin but at least Gainey tried. We lost Grabs, u ****ing crying about it? Its glaring that we need a top 6 winger. I dont see Boston waiting for July 1st, do u?

Old
06-27-2010, 12:13 AM
JackZap

Quote:
I don't have a stick up my ass. You seem to be one of those lunatics who just disses the team because you have nothing else to do. Don't have you any other hobbies? Stop refreshing TSN or RDS for Habs news. Wait until it comes. Do something else with your life. Stop being a cancer to the fan base. The Flyers just lost Parent for nothing, you shouldn't be giving them credit for *****.
I jerk off to Chantal Machabee so im constantly lurking on RDS, thats my hobby. Youre the one whos freaking out for nothing, seems u have anger issues, they have pills for that

Old
06-27-2010, 01:44 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Philly is one goalie away. We don't have that flexibility right now. Gauthier is being very active. My issue isn't with someone wishing we should do more. My problem is people who make a b!tch fest out of EVERY move by other teams. Byfuglien gets traded and not to the Habs, these people say "FACK Gauthier Fire Him", the Flyers are talking now to Nabokov, and these people say "Habs are asleep again"......

It's becoming a cancer.
As Gauthier said in the Press Conference the other day, activity does not always mean improvement.

Take the Byfuglien trade. Sure, this is a guy many of us coveted at one time or another. But if I were presented with a deal that gave us a $3M Byfuglien, RFA Eager, overpaid and injury-prone Sopel and an almost-bust prospect, in return for our first round pick, our second round pick, top prospect Danny Kristo and cheap roster player Maxime Lapierre, I would decline. Not even close. That's far too much to give up for a guy you have to pay good money to and are getting less than 20 goals a year from.

Or Boston. Many are nervous that Boston improved their team by getting Horton, but it cost them their possibly second best defenceman and the 15th overall selection. Plus they have to pay Horton $4M so now they are looking to dump Marc Savard, whom everyone was all gaga about when they re-signed him for a $4.2M cap hit. Meanwhile, Horton is considered somewhat of an under-achiever or Florida would not be giving up on him. Objectively, we can say that Boston was ACTIVE, but it is not certain they are better from this move. (Now, Tyler Seguin will probably help one day, but that's not the move we are analyzing.)

Now, some are nervous that Philly might go splurge on Nabokov, or are rumoured to be interested in Thomas. Be my guest, go ahead! Spend mega millions on a multi-year contract to one of the 35 year old goaltenders out there that have consistency issues. See if I care!

Or the Rangers. OMGZ they got Gaborik, they are going to kill everyone, we are dummies to have "enabled" them by trading for Gomez. Ridiculous idiotic thinking because if the Rangers really wanted Gaborik, they could have just buried Redden's contract in the minors. But this is the Rangers man, and they LIKE highly paid SELFISH-types who are the antithesis of team play. So, the Rangers chose to keep Redden and instead gave up by far the most productive of all of their big contract guys, and before the season was out realized that they needed a center so they traded for Olli (Me, me, me has only made the playoffs once, by accident, but me, me, me is 6'2" and skilled so look at me, me, me) Jokinen in a vain attempt to correct their imbalance. Result of this so-called disaster for the Habs? The hustling, hard-working Gomez and Tom Pyatt were playing 20 and 15 minutes per game in the Eastern Conference final, while Higgins busted and was replaced by another bust Jokinen. Gaborik, yup he got many goals and is one of this year's finalists for the Ilya Kovalchuk award given annually to the flashiest one-way player putting on a one-man show without finding a way to get his team into the playoffs.

Activity does not always equal improvement.

Last edited by BaseballCoach: 06-27-2010 at 02:17 AM.
BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 07:37 AM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
As Gauthier said in the Press Conference the other day, activity does not always mean improvement.

Take the Byfuglien trade. Sure, this is a guy many of us coveted at one time or another. But if I were presented with a deal that gave us a $3M Byfuglien, RFA Eager, overpaid and injury-prone Sopel and an almost-bust prospect, in return for our first round pick, our second round pick, top prospect Danny Kristo and cheap roster player Maxime Lapierre, I would decline. Not even close. That's far too much to give up for a guy you have to pay good money to and are getting less than 20 goals a year from.

Or Boston. Many are nervous that Boston improved their team by getting Horton, but it cost them their possibly second best defenceman and the 15th overall selection. Plus they have to pay Horton $4M so now they are looking to dump Marc Savard, whom everyone was all gaga about when they re-signed him for a $4.2M cap hit. Meanwhile, Horton is considered somewhat of an under-achiever or Florida would not be giving up on him. Objectively, we can say that Boston was ACTIVE, but it is not certain they are better from this move. (Now, Tyler Seguin will probably help one day, but that's not the move we are analyzing.)

Now, some are nervous that Philly might go splurge on Nabokov, or are rumoured to be interested in Thomas. Be my guest, go ahead! Spend mega millions on a multi-year contract to one of the 35 year old goaltenders out there that have consistency issues. See if I care!

Or the Rangers. OMGZ they got Gaborik, they are going to kill everyone, we are dummies to have "enabled" them by trading for Gomez. Ridiculous idiotic thinking because if the Rangers really wanted Gaborik, they could have just buried Redden's contract in the minors. But this is the Rangers man, and they LIKE highly paid SELFISH-types who are the antithesis of team play. So, the Rangers chose to keep Redden and instead gave up by far the most productive of all of their big contract guys, and before the season was out realized that they needed a center so they traded for Olli (Me, me, me has only made the playoffs once, by accident, but me, me, me is 6'2" and skilled so look at me, me, me) Jokinen in a vain attempt to correct their imbalance. Result of this so-called disaster for the Habs? The hustling, hard-working Gomez and Tom Pyatt were playing 20 and 15 minutes per game in the Eastern Conference final, while Higgins busted and was replaced by another bust Jokinen. Gaborik, yup he got many goals and is one of this year's finalists for the Ilya Kovalchuk award given annually to the flashiest one-way player putting on a one-man show without finding a way to get his team into the playoffs.

Activity does not always equal improvement.
Well done, I agree and you sir see the big picture.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Physical HABuse

Patience, people. It's been a long time since I posted on the site but I've continued to lurk. I like the character on our club.....and I like the talent. We have quality prospects that are on the verge of contributing.....Subban, Eller, Price, White, and possibly Webber. We have a guy or two who had off years. AK, although he will not be a star, may clue in and have a productive year in a contract year (I think). We still have free agency to look forward to....and we have a wild card in SK....to see if he gets us an asset or whatever down the road....no hurry yet. I know that where others did well last year and may now be gone.....still new players will step up and contribute. The torch gets passed on. I just pray we remain free of injuries....and look forward to the rookie camp to maintain our excitement in players and team.

Physical HABuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Get some patience.

There are 3 problems with Habs fans:

1) When the GM doesn't tell them what the plan is, they assume the GM doesn't have one.
2) When there's no movement, they expect that the GM is "asleep" and not working.
3) Habs fans have a right to field a French-influenced team, no they don't.

Which one are you?

Great post, summarisez about 40% of the posters on here and how they love to press the panic button.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Cupmonger

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/301530.html

Apparently Nabokov wants more than the Flyers can pay.

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote