HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matheson on CBC

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2003, 06:03 AM
HotToddy

vCash: 500
Matheson on CBC

Did anybody else catch matheson on CBC radio yesterday afternoon. He basically re-hashed his column but he made a couple of interesting points.

1. He said he felt it was 60-40 that MC would sign with the Oilers.

2. He said, that while he didn't know what MC was asking for he knows for certain its not 3 Million, and that he has heard it is a "Mike York" contract that MC is looking for.

These are some pretty interesting points. Matheson is an excellent writer who knows more about the Oil than any writer out there. My only problem with him is he can be a bit of an Oiler house Organ. His column listing what teams would want Mike was a pure speculation and I'm sure the Oil brass loved every inch of that piece. It basically sent a message to Comrie that he aint being moved.

Old
10-01-2003, 09:19 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

this whole thing has been beaten, bent and broke by the media.

i wish that kevin lowe and mike comrie would just put back a few beers and iron out their discrepencies.

i am not comfortable starting the season without MC, or the equivalent.

Old
10-01-2003, 09:45 AM
Asiaoil

I have being saying for months that MC either gets a "Mike York" kind of contract or he is dealt. It's as simple as that because York is a very comparable player and giving MC more destroys the salary scale (with resulting hard feelings in the room for guys who settled for less to help the franchise).

Even if MC settles for York money - that still leaves us with MC and York in the top 6 which is counter to Lowe's strategy of younger, bigger, faster (and cheaper ). So MC could still be dealt even if he agrees to a contract.

Closed Thread