HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers #1 Prospect

View Poll Results: #1 Prospect
Derek Stepan (C) 77 51.33%
Evgeny Grachev (LW) 18 12.00%
Ryan McDonagh (D) 6 4.00%
Chris Kreider (LW) 47 31.33%
Dylan Mcilrath (D) 2 1.33%
Ethan Werek (F) 0 0%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-27-2010, 12:55 PM
rmcg11

vCash: 500
step add mza it'll be interesting to watch this poll develop

rmcg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Good catch. I knew his birthday was close.

Grachev hasn't fallen on my list due to anything he has or hast done.

Kreider just has a higher ceiling.

Grachev didn't have a bad year. As a 19-20 year old rookie in the AHL with 12 goals is not bad at all. He is inexperienced and needs some better conditioning.

Those three: Kreider, Stepan, Grachev are all up there. They're legit top 6 NHL talents.

I'm high on McDonagh, too.

I don't know enough about McIlrath. If the kid can skate as well as Gordie says, then he has a chance to be a special player.
It wasn't that i thought he had a bad year, I just read a lot from different people that he didn't battle as hard as he should have game in and game out. Inconsistent I guess is what i'm looking for.

Again, i'm not really worried, not all players when they make the jump from juniors to the AHL or the AHL to the NHL can take the punishment of the next level so quickly night in and night out.

IMO it's those three players, then the next tier starts of McDonagh, MZA, Mcilrath etc.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:01 PM
LyNX27

For me it's not even that Grachev had an off year... It's that Kreider had SUCH a great year.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:10 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
It wasn't that i thought he had a bad year, I just read a lot from different people that he didn't battle as hard as he should have game in and game out. Inconsistent I guess is what i'm looking for.

Again, i'm not really worried, not all players when they make the jump from juniors to the AHL or the AHL to the NHL can take the punishment of the next level so quickly night in and night out.

IMO it's those three players, then the next tier starts of McDonagh, MZA, Mcilrath etc.
The thing to consider about Grachev's year was his injury and rehab in the last offseason, which prevented him from working on his conditioning and doing any kind of substantial training over the summer. Having not seen many Pack games, I can only speculate, but it seems to me that for a guy as young as he is, who was used to dominating his smaller opposition, the physical element of the AHL must have been a very tough adjustment to make.

Hopefully next season, after a full summer working on his conditioning and such, he'll have better results.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:46 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
For me it's not even that Grachev had an off year... It's that Kreider had SUCH a great year.
Plus, I think he has the highest upside of any Ranger prospect. Stepan, McDonagh, Grachev, and even MZA are closer to making the NHL. But, this kid has the chance to be one helluva player.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 02:41 PM
NYReign

McD add MZA

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote