HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ribeiro is up for grab!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2010, 11:59 AM
  #76
Turianel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The guy is so great and awesome that he worked his way off yet another team. Fantastic! Winning just seems to follow this guy!
Me again! I'm not a ribeiro Fan. This players in 30 years odl, played 6 year in Montreal, 4 years in Dallas... Look at the hockey today... He is not moved around a lot! Something related to cap space.... (Halak?, Chicago Blackhawks,?...)

anyways, you know better...

Pronger... Savard...

Turianel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 12:14 PM
  #77
Jee
Moderator
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 17,588
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turianel View Post
Yes this last one was a dive...

The super fake against Boston, The Bruins desurve the penalty, but referees were "letting" the players played (are kill them self...).

Maybe Burke saw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XreUfjIMBuY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7ixKfvHnBY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XCoR...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si3mC...eature=related

some easy thing useless in hockey (okay shotout...)

or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JA9R...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoNMr...eature=related


anyways, you know better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvIJt...eature=related

lol!!! ribeiro hit osgood... but Osgood had hitting just before!
good god does he look like the cockiest man on earth.

Jee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 12:21 PM
  #78
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Mike Ribeiro is a good hockey player..that all i have to say

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 12:45 PM
  #79
maxpower2010*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The guy is so great and awesome that he worked his way off yet another team. Fantastic! Winning just seems to follow this guy!
We could maybe be saying the same thing about Saku in a few days time...

maxpower2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 12:49 PM
  #80
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
He will become a Habs killer if he goes to Toronto

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 12:59 PM
  #81
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 500
Looks like Savard could be going to Toronto as a salary dump. Reports are that the Leafs wouldn't have to give up anything significant in return (Bob McKenzie's Twitter).

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:03 PM
  #82
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2010 View Post
We could maybe be saying the same thing about Saku in a few days time...
Saku Koivu has never been traded.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:04 PM
  #83
maxpower2010*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Looks like Savard could be going to Toronto as a salary dump. Reports are that the Leafs wouldn't have to give up anything significant in return (Bob McKenzie's Twitter).
Probably just John Mitchell or something like that.

If Toronto can get a top-6 forward with size for Kaberle, they'd have a decent first line.

That Kessel trade really did set them back years though.

maxpower2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:05 PM
  #84
maxpower2010*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Saku Koivu has never been traded.
He was just not asked back...

maxpower2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:10 PM
  #85
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2010 View Post
He was just not asked back...
Ok...And how many players in the history of the NHL have signed contracts as free agents?

If Ribeiro is traded, this is the 2nd time in his career a team goes out of the way to get rid of a productive player. This is completely different from a free agent signing a new contract.

But you're right...He's so awesome. Teams are trading him away because they want everyone to experience how great of a presence he is.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:17 PM
  #86
maxpower2010*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Ok...And how many players in the history of the NHL have signed contracts as free agents?

If Ribeiro is traded, this is the 2nd time in his career a team goes out of the way to get rid of a productive player. This is completely different from a free agent signing a new contract.

But you're right...He's so awesome. Teams are trading him away because they want everyone to experience how great of a presence he is.
Salary cap and Brad Richards says hello.

This isn't like in Montreal where poor scouting and lack of testicular fortitude resulted in him getting shipped away in favor of appeasing our little engine that couldn't.

maxpower2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:17 PM
  #87
PK76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
Mike Ribeiro is a good hockey player..that all i have to say
Doesn't look like it when you read this thread.

Leave him in the West, that's all I have to say.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:21 PM
  #88
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,973
vCash: 50
Awards:
If he's no good, like people say he is around here, why the hell would you care if he is moved to the East?

I'd put my effort into finding out the irony to all this stupidity, but I think it speaks for itself.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:22 PM
  #89
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2010 View Post
Salary cap and Brad Richards says hello.

This isn't like in Montreal where poor scouting and lack of testicular fortitude resulted in him getting shipped away in favor of appeasing our little engine that couldn't.
If it was a salary issue, they could trade Richards who is much more expensive and would get them much better assets for a rebuilding team.

They want him gone because he is not a winner and any team that relies on him as a go to guy will never be a winner.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:24 PM
  #90
maxpower2010*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
If it was a salary issue, they could trade Richards who is much more expensive and would get them much better assets for a rebuilding team.

They want him gone because he is not a winner and any team that relies on him as a go to guy will never be a winner.
Oh the irony.

maxpower2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:28 PM
  #91
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2010 View Post
Oh the irony.
Whatever you say man. You're totally right, Ribeiro is awesome and Dallas would be dumb to trade him. Any team would jump at the opportunity to add his skinny ass and his 53 points for $5 million to their roster.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:31 PM
  #92
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2010 View Post
We could maybe be saying the same thing about Saku in a few days time...
All the reports I've read say he's the next Ducks captain if Niedermayer retires. That would make him captain of all the teams he's ever been on.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:32 PM
  #93
maxpower2010*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Whatever you say man. You're totally right, Ribeiro is awesome and Dallas would be dumb to trade him. Any team would jump at the opportunity to add his skinny ass and his 53 points for $5 million to their roster.
Those in glass houses.

12 goals and 59 points for 7+ million.

maxpower2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:33 PM
  #94
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Whatever you say man. You're totally right, Ribeiro is awesome and Dallas would be dumb to trade him. Any team would jump at the opportunity to add his skinny ass and his 53 points for $5 million to their roster.
Can you believe the guy is still around 175lbs at 6' after 12 years of being told he needs to add mass? That's dedication for ya.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:44 PM
  #95
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2010 View Post
Those in glass houses.

12 goals and 59 points for 7+ million.
Gomez also has a cup win, which Ribeiro will never have.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:44 PM
  #96
maxpower2010*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Gomez also has a cup win, which Ribeiro will never have.
Irony keeps getting thicker.

maxpower2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:51 PM
  #97
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2010 View Post
Irony keeps getting thicker.
I'm not really sure why you keep talking about Koivu. Care to enlighten me? Keep in mind it was you who brought him up in this topic for seemingly no reason at all.

Please, elaborate.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 01:59 PM
  #98
maxpower2010*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I'm not really sure why you keep talking about Koivu. Care to enlighten me? Keep in mind it was you who brought him up in this topic for seemingly no reason at all.

Please, elaborate.
It's the offseason. I get my hockey hilarity from people Koivu nuttuggers playing down Ribeiro, who still has a chance of getting that cup Saks will never get. Second time in two days you've made a slight at Ribs if I'm correct.

And it doesn't stop there. Saku will eventually retire and you'll perpetually whine year after year about him getting his jersey retired. I'll then get some enjoyment out of him not getting it, because lucid fans know he was just a 2nd line center who happened to have a sob story that sold jerseys.

maxpower2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 02:02 PM
  #99
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2010 View Post
It's the offseason. I get my hockey hilarity from people Koivu nuttuggers playing down Ribeiro, who still has a chance of getting that cup Saks will never get. Second time in two days you've made a slight at Ribs if I'm correct.

And it doesn't stop there. Saku will eventually retire and you'll perpetually whine year after year about him getting his jersey retired. I'll then get some enjoyment out of him not getting it, because lucid fans know he was just a 2nd line center who happened to have a sob story that sold jerseys.
So basically, because you have nothing positive to say about Ribeiro, you decide to pick on another, completely unrelated player who plays for a different team.

Uh, yeah. That's just...fantastic.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2010, 02:09 PM
  #100
Turianel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
And if Dallas has two 1-2 trios centers and can affort to lost one since they have even more problem else were... Or Dallas has two centers that are more of a play maker than scorers...

anyways, any team that will get him will have a legitimate top 6 players, if not a top 3. Maybe, a team will give up more the niinima to get him... will see

Turianel is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.