EDM/MIN Ryan Polutny

Old
06-28-2010, 03:12 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

vCash: 500
EDM/MIN Ryan Polutny

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...#ixzz0s83QiRYV

So apaprently the Wild is interested in Polutny. 'll be honest, I don't know much about him but apparently to HFboard Oiler fans, he's a filler that isn't physical or defensive enough for 3-4 lines.

But on the otherhand, he did score 32 points in 64 games on the worst team in the league and is decent at the faceoff. The Oilers also have too many forwards and he's still an RFA so he'll come cheap.

So on one hand, he can come in very cheap and fill in our #2 spot, espicially with a terrible FA crop like this year. On the otherhand, is he even good enough to play on our #2 line??

What do you guys make of it?

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:52 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Wouldn't mind Potulny if he came cheap. I don't think he'd be much of a factor but it couldn't hurt for the right price.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 10:27 AM
saywut

If its for Houston on a 2-way with an opportunity to win a job in camp, sure. That would require the Oilers to not qualify him of course, making him a UFA. He's no better than Ebbett. Rather give Sheppard a chance to play.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 10:43 AM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
Amount of time he'd actually spend here isn't going to be high, so its basically an AHL player. Good depth for those guys though.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Kari Takko

My only hope is that we don't give up a 5th rounder for Potulny. This board will melt down.

Kari Takko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Lifer

He has scored plenty of goals at the X.

Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 12:18 PM
countrygentleman
John Frusciante

Russo says no. From latest blog:

"--I woke up to some emails about what it would take to acquire Ryan Potulny's rights from Edmonton. The Wild's not trading for Potulny's rights. I'm not saying the Wild wouldn't eventually one day have interest in Potulny if he became an unrestricted free agent if not qualified today, but I can assure you that the Wild's not going to give up an asset for Potulny's rights."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wi.../97315534.html

countrygentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 12:33 PM
alex20wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
If its for Houston on a 2-way with an opportunity to win a job in camp, sure. That would require the Oilers to not qualify him of course, making him a UFA. He's no better than Ebbett. Rather give Sheppard a chance to play.
Andrew Ebbet is a much better player then him, but I do agree with the send him to houston thing. my patience with sheppard is starting to disapear, we should maybe look into moving him... i heard that mitchell from toronto might be available

alex20wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Shep has one training camp left to make the team, otherwise he's Houston-bound.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 02:13 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

When the following statement about the Wild's interest is "Potulny played hockey at the University of Minnesota," that raises a lot of red flags on its validity.

But to answer the question, while Potulny has been one of my favorite Gophers of the last decade, that means nothing given he's a tweener which Minnesota doesn't need. Potulny needs top-six minutes and he won't get it unless he's playing for a team with a few top-six holes.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 02:59 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularTheory View Post
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...#ixzz0s83QiRYV

So apaprently the Wild is interested in Polutny. 'll be honest, I don't know much about him but apparently to HFboard Oiler fans, he's a filler that isn't physical or defensive enough for 3-4 lines.

But on the otherhand, he did score 32 points in 64 games on the worst team in the league and is decent at the faceoff. The Oilers also have too many forwards and he's still an RFA so he'll come cheap.

So on one hand, he can come in very cheap and fill in our #2 spot, espicially with a terrible FA crop like this year. On the otherhand, is he even good enough to play on our #2 line??

What do you guys make of it?
Never get excited about low end players putting up points on bad teams. Someone has to get the points, even on bad teams, so that isn't always a sign of what a player can do once he gets on a team with a better roster ahead of him (not saying we have a great roster either here mind you).

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 06:26 PM
saywut

And he didn't get qualified. Marc Pouliot didn't either, I'd be more interested in him than Potulny.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 07:31 PM
MK9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Shep has one training camp left to make the team, otherwise he's Houston-bound.
Not kidding in the slightest, I'm betting he's out in the first couple rounds of cuts. At the very best, I don't think he makes it out of camp.

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote