HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

incoming trade

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
It HAD to be the Avs deal.

Our great blogger Adrian Dater has a new man-crush on Eklund and broke the news of a trade before it happened. I'm sure he sent the news over to Eklund as well for his website.

Old
06-28-2010, 05:10 PM
alx83*

If we have at least three trades tonight (excluding Winnik), I'll wear an Eklund avatar until the season starts.

Old
06-28-2010, 05:11 PM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

You know, I've started to realize something... If EVERY single one of Eklunds rumours were actually true, every player in the league would have been traded 10 fold

Old
06-28-2010, 05:11 PM
JVR21
G

vCash: 50
Thank you for not posting the link.

Old
06-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
What sound strategy. Release a completely vague rumor. Eklund, the used car salesman of hockey journalism.
FTFY

Old
06-28-2010, 05:13 PM
theduster77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc90 View Post
less and less creative...

ek: something will happen involving one of the 30 NHL teams trading with another NHL club!!!eleven1

Old
TMLeafer
Bring him home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
now he is saying 3-5 trades after 9pm tonight.

He's hoping many of his readers would've been tucked into bed by then.

Old
LetEmPlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselLooksLikeRadar View Post
You know, I've started to realize something... If EVERY single one of Eklunds rumours were actually true, every player in the league would have been traded 10 fold
Defeats this though, doesnt it?

Quote:
Main Entry: 1ru·mor
Pronunciation: \ˈrü-mər\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English rumour, from Anglo-French, from Latin rumor clamor, gossip; akin to Old English rēon to lament, Sanskrit rauti he roars
Date: 14th century

1 : talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
2 : a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

3 archaic : talk or report of a notable person or event
4 : a soft low indistinct sound : murmur

Old
06-28-2010, 05:16 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by alx83 View Post
If we have at least three trades tonight (excluding Winnik), I'll wear an Eklund avatar until the season starts.
if we have three NHL TRADES before midnight vancouver time I will wear an eklund avatar for one FULL year

and by nhl trades---i mean players in the nhl--not draft picks for collage or players who played under 10 games in the nhl last year on the 4th line or europeans

06-28-2010, 05:18 PM
jc90
Gonna paint ur wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post
He's hoping many of his readers would've been tucked into bed by then.
all two of them will enjoy a good bedtime story

Old
06-28-2010, 05:19 PM
mooseOAK*

If I was Eklund I would post that every day given this time of year and the fact that some suckers will take it seriously and provide free advertising.

Old
06-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agenda Glasses View Post
These two should never be in the same sentence, unless it's, "Eklund is the antithesis of journalism."
Hell, "Eklund" and "Car Salesman" in the same sentence does car salesmen everywhere a disservice.

Old
06-28-2010, 05:24 PM
GeeoffBrown

I'm hearing that some teams will make roster moves before opening day. Stay tuned!

Old
06-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
Hell, "Eklund" and "Car Salesman" in the same sentence does car salesmen everywhere a disservice.
You are right. A car salesman at least has the courtesy of not hiding behind a pseudonym while lying to its customers directly in their face.

Old
06-28-2010, 05:27 PM
carnagexreport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
In other news, Sun to rise tomorrow? My sources say outlook is good, stay tuned. (S4)
lmaooooooooooooo

Old
06-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Schenn
In Rod We Trust

vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I wonder where Eklund buys his crystal ball from.
Those sketchy guys with the trench coats in the back ally's always selling "the goods." Crystal Ball is just the new slang for Crystal... Do I really have to explain this to you?

Old
06-28-2010, 05:30 PM
nki

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnagexreport View Post
lmaooooooooooooo
Why are you naughty while laughing your ass off?

Old
06-28-2010, 05:31 PM
theduster77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
now he is saying 3-5 trades after 9pm tonight.

all of the trades are players coming to Toronto

Old
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

Tonights forecast....dark!

Old
Uhmkay
Weber2Canucks2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
He's been awesome the past week or two, so the rumor he's following has probably got some wheels
HOW has he been awesome. All he ever does is make up vague rumours and then when something actually DOES happen, it get announced by someone via Twitter (IE: Bob Mackenzie) and he immediatly posts it on his board as though he's announced it himself.

The guy has ZERO credibility, and I have never ever heard of him actually being THE GUY who breaks a story... EVER.

This is the same guy who announced on Sportsnet Deadline day that Ryan Smyth had resigned with Edmonton, and 30 seconds later Bob Mackenzie is reporting that he's been traded.

There was one time when James Duthie was on the Team1040 afternoon show with Pratt and Taylor and they were having one of their 'TSN vs Sportsnet' sessions and I remember Taylor making a joke about something TSN had done and all Duthie said was "Yeah, how did that Eklund thing work out".

I can't believe his links are allowed to be posted here as 'Rumours', and yet if I blatantly make up a trade rumour, the thread would get locked.

Old
06-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Analyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevrondl View Post
I'm hearing some free agents will be signed on Thursday. Sit tight.
How much would I, an average person have to pay in order to get the inside scoop from you ?

Old
06-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
if we have three NHL TRADES before midnight vancouver time I will wear an eklund avatar for one FULL year

and by nhl trades---i mean players in the nhl--not draft picks for collage or players who played under 10 games in the nhl last year on the 4th line or europeans
That is a bold proposition. I can't imagine having an Eklund avatar. That would like ruin your online life and stuff. People would laugh at you and you would be like "I can't believe Eklund came through with the goods on those trades"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
You are right. A car salesman at least has the courtesy of not hiding behind a pseudonym while lying to its customers directly in their face.
Unless that salesman is a Toyota dealer. Then all bets are off.

Old
06-28-2010, 05:38 PM
sickest flow bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmkay View Post
HOW has he been awesome. All he ever does is make up vague rumours and then when something actually DOES happen, it get announced by someone via Twitter (IE: Bob Mackenzie) and he immediatly posts it on his board as though he's announced it himself.

The guy has ZERO credibility, and I have never ever heard of him actually being THE GUY who breaks a story... EVER.

This is the same guy who announced on Sportsnet Deadline day that Ryan Smyth had resigned with Edmonton, and 30 seconds later Bob Mackenzie is reporting that he's been traded.

There was one time when James Duthie was on the Team1040 afternoon show with Pratt and Taylor and they were having one of their 'TSN vs Sportsnet' sessions and I remember Taylor making a joke about something TSN had done and all Duthie said was "Yeah, how did that Eklund thing work out".

I can't believe his links are allowed to be posted here as 'Rumours', and yet if I blatantly make up a trade rumour, the thread would get locked.
And this is not to defend Eklund, as I stopped going to that site 2 years ago, he did break the Byfuglien to atlanta deal as far as I'm concerned. (I did check the site as I heard of that trade as someone used Eklund as the source who broke it, and after it was done I checked that site and he was right).

Old
06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmkay View Post
I know I was being a smartass earlier but the thing I find odd is that you can post an Eklund rumor and people can discuss it. Cool no problem, just ignore it if you want. Then you can put up whatever ridiculous trade proposal you can dream up on this board for discussion as well. But then if somebody posts an unsubstantiated rumor from an "unvetted source" the thread is locked as if that information is any less useful than discussing the Kaberle for Brown proposal some moron dreamed up or the inordinate amount of other ridiculous ideas people come up with. But then if you put the same stupid ass rumor as a proposal that is some how ok? The way they choose to draw a line in the sand around here with topics is very odd.

Old
06-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaryshuskies View Post
And this is not to defend Eklund, as I stopped going to that site 2 years ago, he did break the Byfuglien to atlanta deal as far as I'm concerned. (I did check the site as I heard of that trade as someone used Eklund as the source who broke it, and after it was done I checked that site and he was right).
Or we could all just be honest with ourselves and admit that we find it entertaining on some level or another (regardless if you believe him). To be honest, the guy has come up with a pretty clever idea and he has got plenty of people interested in checking his site as evidenced by the amount of threads started on here from his content and the ensuing discussions.

Closed Thread