HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Battle of the Bulge/General Fitness

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2010, 11:07 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Battle of the Bulge/General Fitness

I didn't participate in the first one so I'm not entirely sure how rules were enforced or if they even were but, here are the rules from the original thread:

Quote:
Here are the rules:

-Must provide a "Before" pic;
-Must submit a profile of your current state (questions will be provided, see below);
-Must provide at the very least bi weekly progress reports;
-Must go in this with a positive attitude and the will to feel better about one's self;
-The competition ends the first day of the regular season in which contestants must post an after pic;
-The Habs board posters will then vote for whom they consider has improved the most (and not the most sexy), hense the before and after pics;
-Use of supplements are up to you, depends on your convictions;
-As for supplements, steroids are up to you if you deem it necessary to pump your body full of those. Its your body, its your choice. Just remember, they're illegal and you're only cheating yourself;

Registration questionnaire:

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Goal:
Main motivator:
Biggest obstacle ahead:
*remember, you need to include a Pic of yourself; and no need to post in a speedo...just be yourself or as bold as you feel*

Please note, you can participate without including a Pic...however, you will not be included in the final voting
Basically, you know the drill, you wanna get in better shape or just plain be healthier, this is the thread for you.

I haven't put a start time for the competition nor an end time. I guess I have to see if there's any participants first.

Participants:

Name:Anthony/Lyricallyricist
Sex:M
Height:6'4
Weight:253lbs
Goal:230
Main motivator: I want to be in shape. I used to be 6'2 220 when i was 16. I was very skinny back then too. I grew up, filled out, got muscles and got a little taller. However, in the process, I stopped playing hockey and it's a far cry to believe I gained 33 lbs of muscle from writing on hfboards() or msn. So, I hardly consider myself fat, but I'd like to get in better shape, I'm not sure if being ripped is a goal, but I want to be healthier and shed some weight, that's a start.
Biggest obstacle ahead:Bad eating habits

It's a little older, but my body hasn't changed much. If anything I got a little bigger in terms of muscle(cuz i worked a manual labour job during that time). Not in shape though.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:Kevin/ overlords
Height:6'3
Weight:275lbs

Goal: 250 would be cool, but i'm not hung up on numbers. Despite what it might sound like, i don't LOOK like some fat mother****er, just big. My goal is to change from being ' that big guy' to 'that big guy who looks like he's in really good shape'

Main motivator: I like working out, and breaking personal records is really fun. I work as a bouncer and used to work as a body guard, so i needed mass, ANY mass, for work. Now I'm head of security for a group that does raves and parties so i have people working under me, so I can afford to not be the go-to muscle. Also, girls rarely take big guys all too seriously.

Biggest obstacle: bad eating habits, terrible sleep cycle. I know enough about fitness and working out to know that there are 3 determining factors, Sleep, Nutrition and activity. Rarely do two of those work out when the other is complete garbage. I was put on ritalin when I was very young and it seemingly wrecked my eating habits. I'll rarely eat before 5 pm, this likely shuts down my metabolism and makes losing weight (and gaining muscle) that much harder.

(sorry, this is the only picture of me where you can see my torso, not trying to show off having a gf, she's a good friend of mine and this was a while ago)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Danny(tinyzombies)
Sex: M
Height: 5-9
Weight: 188
Goal: 177 (with muscle instead of fat!)
Main motivator: Hockey
Biggest obstacle ahead: None. I should be able to do it.

Photo doesn't do me justice. I have a paunch.
Name: Louis Houde
Sex: Man
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 265 lbs
Goal: ~215 lbs

Main motivator: I started in june my own weight lost program : 1 hour of treadmill per day(monday to friday), 1000 calories burn @ 15% inclinaison and 4 kilometers walked.
I want my fat burned!

Biggest obstacle ahead: Coffee,beer and my interest in poutine.

Name: Stephen/InglewoodJack
Height:5'9''
Weight: 145 @ 6% Fat
Goal: 155 without getting fat.
Main motivator: I've always been scrawny, but I have a lot of skill in sports, I want to get the physical to match. Also, it gives me something positive to work on until school starts.
Biggest obstacle ahead: Beer, bad drinking, laziness, quitting.
Plan: Not quite sure yet, I'm going to get some upper body strength workouts mostly, my lower body is somehow already in shape. Weird.

Here's me. This is like two weeks ago. I have no sober pictures without my guitar. But you can get the gist of what I'm trying to do.

Name: Colin (cjbhab)
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 261 lbs
Goal: 205-210 lbs
Main motivator: just to gain more energy and feel more confident in myself.
Biggest obstacle ahead: I love food, especially chips, pop, fast food, etc.

I'm on the right.

I recently hurt my foot a bit, so running and stuff has been a struggle.. but I'm trying to get back into the game here and walk a lot and hit my bowflex..

Yesterday I walked 3.10 KM to start and today I walked 4.2 KM.. just want to do a little bit more every day and eat much healthier.. no more McDonalds every day, lol
Name: Nick/Sardo
Height: 6'0
Weight: 200
Goal: 180

Main motivator: Get back in shape, I haven't done real exercise (outside of recreational football and hockey with friends) since I stopped playing organized hockey and working out, 4-5 years ago. And of course look good for the girls, isn't that why everyone goes to the gym?

Biggest obstacle ahead: Cutting back on alcohol and tasty (greasy) foods, and finding the motivation to go to the gym every other day.

Name: Marc (mp10)
Sex: male
Height: 5p9
Weight: 195
Goal: 170
Main motivator: to be and look in shape, feel better, eat better etc.
Biggest obstacle ahead: junk food near my job, late snack, pizza, poutine, lazyness, etc.

Picture before:

Name: Lauren (twosaints)
Sex: F
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 124
Goal: 117
Main motivator: To be fit and toned and do it the healthy way. I've had spells of starvation in the past but this year has really been the first year I've wanted to be healthy for the sake of being healthy and fit and doing it the proper way. I really want to improve my endurance and tone my muscles. Working out has definitely made a difference - I just climbed Mont Tremblant on an expert trail in ~ 2.5 hrs this past week, which I wouldn't have been able to do six months ago (I've lost ~10 lbs since January), and I don't want to fall off the bandwagon. I've also revamped my eating habits recently and hope I can keep that up. I love to hear other people's stories, so I thought I'd participate.
Biggest obstacle ahead: Being Italian. Understanding that I don't have to eat every single thing my nonna puts in front of me.

Name: Kev/kevkiranov
Sex: Male
Height: 167 cm
Weight: 165 lbs
Goal: Not really to lose weight per se, but more recomp my body to switch body fat to muscle through weight training, nutrition and some cardio. More of a 6 months to 12 months goal in lowering my bodyfat to the low 10s/single digits.
Main motivator: Having a better looking body to be more attractive (Not trying to look like Hulk, but a good toned body) and with a revenge factor on a few exes, show them what they're missing . Revenge is always a powerful tool .
Biggest obstacle ahead: Finding a way to eat enough and balanced enough nutrition-wise to be able to recomp without adding more fat/not making any progress.

[/QUOTE]
Name: Craig/WeThreeKings
Height: 6'2
Weight: 180 lbs
Goal: 200 lbs
Main motivator: have more self-confidence, drums/hockey, being called lanky in highschool.
Biggest obstacle ahead: My metabolism, makes it extremely difficult for me to put on weight.

Name: Kareem

Before - weight 130lbs (taken about at the time of the other thread, probably a few weeks/months later on vacation):
Attachment 40642

Notice the utter lack of muscle mass. Bones and skin pretty much.

After - weight 166lbs (taken 5 mins ago):

Back/Shoulder/arm
Attachment 40643

Front (can't really see arms or shoulders here):
Attachment 40644

Didn't add a hamstring/glutes but they're overgrown, like my back, triceps and abdominals (even the obliques). This is due to powerlifting, they're the main muscles in the bench, squat and deadlift. I have some fat to lose but I can take in anywhere between 3500 to 5000+ calories, which is why it's almost impossible to stay at 10% or under.

Goal: Used to be pure bulking, but now that I know how to gain weight, I'll try to gain weight while improving body composition. Just to put a target weight: 175lbs for February at under 12%.

Tools I'll use: 5-3-1, sprints, swimming, extra workouts (arms, reverse hypers, delts), max effort exercises on my weaknesses 2 weeks out of 4, an inane amount of calories.

Main obstacles:
-I'll be in eastern europe this year so:
1. Beer, must not touch.
2. Horrible eastern european food
3. Parties
4. STDs

THOSE WHO HAVEN'T ADDED PICTURE YET:

Name: Izaak/Paradis City
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 188 lbs
Goal: 175 lbs
Main motivator: Too much flab around middle, I want to be able to take my shirt off and not feel like a fatass
Biggest obstacle ahead: Sticking with the plan, drinking lots of water and not relapsing into my usual pop-drinking chip-eating self. At one point I was 160 lbs, and then I went to university and the rest is history. I used to be able to run over 10k on a whim, now it takes much more effort although I can still do it. I would love to get back to that point.

No picture yet.
Name:Denace
Height:6'2
Weight:242 lbs

My physique is kinda weird. I have ectomorph arms, and an endomorph belly and chest, and muscular legs

I want to improve my strenght and stamina and I want to weigh 198 lbs with 10% bodyfat. I want to feel fit and look fit. i want to achieve a fit look, with definition, but not totally ripped. I'm getting my bodyfat measured next friday...I`m guessing 30 something

I want to do all that within a year.

No picture yet.
Name: Phil/Thecanasianfrasian
Height:5'8
Weight:195lbs
Goal:170lbs

About me : Used to be in shape when i was playing hockey. I was 185lbs pretty nice build, but in CEGEP and Uni i just stopped working out and starting drinking alot of beer. At 1st it didnt bother me but now its gotten to a point where i need to do something about it. I started working out 3 times a week and i went from 205 to 195lbs in the last month. I also started eating much better. I'm at work now but i'll post pics later. I'm down with this thread.

No picture yet.
Name: Andrew/Hotpie
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 71 kg
BF%: 8%
Goal: reach a 400 lbs deadlift, 350 lbs squat and 275 lbs bench as well as gaining some mass.

Main motivator: I was tired of being fat so I lost around 20 kgs, and I've been attempting to make strength gains ever since. My gains are stalling though and I realize I need to start eating a lot more, and I could probably add a decent amount of mass to my frame so I'm going for a clean bulk and gaining strength as much as I can.

Ultimately this quest started with me just wanting to be really healthy, to me wanting to be as physically strong as I can possibly be. Also want to start up some Muay Thai and BJJ.

Biggest obstacle: the biggest one we all often face is ourselves. I like to think I got over that one.

No picture yet.
Name:Mark / Cupmonger
Height:5'8 (people are pretty tall here)
Weight:244lbs
Goal:between 200-210
Main motivator: I want to be in shape, be healthy. And look better physically.
Biggest obstacle ahead:Bad eating habits (including an addiction to sugar)
Loves beer
I have rather painful muscle cramps in the lower back legs

Measures taken: Going to gym for 1h30-2h (depending on how packed it is, this also includes 20-25 minutes of running on treadmill)
Trying not to eat much and replace sweets with fruits, preferably apples and grapes (sweet food are still a pain to deal with as my parents keep buying them for themselves but never eat them even after weeks)

Needed advice: How to deal with my muscle cramps? (Gradual sports and stretching has helped but they always come back)
Tips on getting rid of my sweet food urges (I know the only way is not eating them, but any advise on how to avoid them or not think about it)
Anyone manage to get fit without totally eliminating beer form their diet?

No picture yet.
Name:Sharp Skates
Height: 195cm (6'5'')
Weight: 86kgs @ 8% bf (small bone structure is my excuse)
Goal: 100kgs @ 10% bf
Main motivator: Started with strength but right now I'm going for size.
Biggest obstacle ahead:
325 clean and jerk
400 ATG squat (yes, it is low compared to the C&J)

I've never participated in a thread like this but I'm sure I can give advice superior to that of most personal trainers for whoever needs it . This includes Strength training, athletic training, gaining size (if you're mostly in this for the opposite sex haha), dieting and supplements.

No picture yet.
Name: MetroGnome
Height: 5’2”
Weight: 106 lbs
Goal: ~110-112 lbs

Main motivator: I’m thin to begin with, but I’ve always taken advantage of my fast metabolism and never realized how unhealthy I actually am… I thought I could eat whatever I wanted because I never gained weight. (Lately it's been catching up to me, though) In reality, I have terrible cardio endurance. My goal is to live a healthy lifestyle, tone up any unnecessary flab, and drink (a lot) more water.

I am planning on starting a gradual running program that will hopefully increase my lung capacity. My daily meals are generally healthy; however, I indulge way too much in junk food and sweets. So I will put more effort into cutting them out of my diet.

Biggest obstacle ahead: Chips, coffee, and my interest in baking desserts.

No picture yet.
Name: SB164
Height: 5'7
Weight: 145
Goal: To gain a little bit more weight (muscle obviously) and then look cut/toned. Quit smoking cigarettes, eat less junk food, and cut down on beer. I've recently noticed a little bit of a gut
Main motivator: I'm still fairly young, so I'd like to get into the early habit of eating healthy, exercising regularly and so on. I'm going on a trip in August and would like to look in better shape by then.
Biggest obstacle ahead: Cigarettes , junk food during work, and beer during the lovely summer.

No picture yet.
Name: Igor/68
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 150
Goal: Get to 165 pounds under 10% body fat, improve my bench press which is really weak right now
Main motivator: I was skinny my whole life and I want to change that
Biggest obstacle ahead: I lose my appetite when I'm stressed and when it's hot outside (like now lol)

I will maybe post before and later pictures of my sexy body if I improved considerably.[/QUOTE]

No picture yet.
Name:Shawn/CrimsonSkorpion
Height: 6ft
Weight: 160
Goal: Get to 185 lbs of pure muscle. I think this is a good weight and won't make me look too bulky.
Main motivator: I went from being the chubby kid, to the kid that looks like he doesn't eat. I want to look more intimidating in appearance so I can be the daddy that "nobody else's daddy wants to mess with".
Biggest obstacle ahead: Superhuman metabolism.

No picture yet.
Name: The Matador/PacoXIII
Height: 5ft11
Weight: 215
Goal: Get to 195lbs
Reason: I went from being a reasonably healthy athlete to an out of shape couch patato. All this because of a herniated disc (a la Georges Laraque) and a knee injury.

I will succeed by end of August. I know this because its not the first time I went through this type of training. Granted, the first time I lost this kind of weight I was 19 but my motivation has never been this high. Jogging every night for about 4-5 kilometers. Soccer twice a week.

Main obstacle: Poor eating habits.

No picture yet.
Name: Ryan/prevail
Height: 6ft
Weight: 155
Goal: Get to 175 lbs, strengthen my back and lose fat on my legs a bit
Main motivator: Myself
Biggest obstacle ahead: Eating until I wanna puke :p, and work hours that don't allow me eating breaks

I've been stuck at 155 for about a year now, but I've gotten so much stronger, it's getting discouraging, I guess weight is only a number.

No picture yet.
Name: Patrick Proulx
Height: 6'2
Weight: 221.5 lbs at start of contest
Goal: 195 lbs (lose weight but maintain or increase muscle mass
Main motivator: Health and performance in sports
Biggest obstacle ahead: Cutting down on booze.

No picture yet.
Name: Cam A Larry
Weight: 186,6 pounds
Goal: 175 lbs (Lose some extra fat, even though I'm relatively slim)
Main motivator:
- University. You don't always eat accurately there when you're on the go, and you sometimes get some extra weight. I'll try to be careful though this year.
- Cosom hockey. I want to get back at it and do better than last year. I have a wicked shot, but more often than not, I wasn't in good enough of a shape to back up when there were turnovers.
- Being under the superior limit of my "healthy weight", not staying on the edge of it.
Biggest obstacle ahead: Not drinking any Coke on weekdays, no bread/pastas at evening, no fried products, no fast-food. I already didn't like desert all that much, so that's not an issue as far as I'm concerned.
Name : Maxime Peloquin/Lars Eller Superstar
Sex: Man
Height: 6’0
Weight: 215 lbs
Body Fat % : 13 %
Goal: ~ 230 lbs with 8 % body fat

Tips/Advice and other participants are always welcome. I assume the entries will close within a week or 2. I realize it's summer and not everyone goes on often, so giving a chance for people to come and see and participate. If anyone has any suggestions to the contest, please suggest it and we'll add it if it's good. Anyone have an idea to how long contest should last?

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 07-16-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old
06-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Done

vCash: 500
A couple Christmases ago, just before I hit my "mid 30s" I stepped on a scale and noticed that I was pushing 235 lbs. At 6 foot 3 my weight never really ended up in one place (like my gut) so I never really noticed the gains; except for increasingly worse back and stress on my knees playing hockey. So, enough was enough and I'm down to a "cut" 190. The secret? It's simple: eat less, move more!

I stepped up the amount of hockey I play (2 teams plus a drop in every couple of weeks), got into a routine with a workout before and immediately after work; got rid of the gas-self-propelled lawn mower in favor of an old-school push mower and quickly dropped the weight and gained all my muscle back from when I was playing a lot more in my teens and early twenties.

I cannot say this enough: I eat and drink exactly the same stuff as I always did...just less of it. Pretty soon, you simply can't eat such huge portions and the cravings for breads and pasta start to fade. I found totally cutting stuff right out of the diet was a recipe for failure. So, 4 simple words to live by: eat less, move more.

Good luck, all!

Old
06-28-2010, 01:28 PM
twosaints

Sweet, I was hoping there would be another one of these.

Name: Lauren (twosaints)
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 124
Goal: 117
Main motivator: To be fit and toned and do it the healthy way. I've had spells of starvation in the past but this year has really been the first year I've wanted to be healthy for the sake of being healthy and fit and doing it the proper way. I really want to improve my endurance and tone my muscles. Working out has definitely made a difference - I just climbed Mont Tremblant on an expert trail in ~ 2.5 hrs this past week, which I wouldn't have been able to do six months ago (I've lost ~10 lbs since January), and I don't want to fall off the bandwagon. I've also revamped my eating habits recently and hope I can keep that up. I love to hear other people's stories, so I thought I'd participate.
Biggest obstacle ahead: Being Italian. Understanding that I don't have to eat every single thing my nonna puts in front of me.

Am I allowed to do the pics in bikini or there some kind of forum rule for that, too? (ignore the big face in the background, that's one of my paintings )

Not the best quality, but anyway, the parts I want to tone up are leg (especially inner thigh) and hips/stomach area. I wouldn't mind losing weight but at this point I feel it's healthier to keep working out to tone up.

Here's a question - how do you guys eat when you're on the go? I'm a student, and I try to bring food with me as much as possible, but sometimes I need to pick up cheap food on the go. Cheap and healthy don't usually go together when it comes to student food - does anyone have suggestions? I'm at Concordia so pretty much every kind of food imaginable is around me.

Last edited by twosaints: 07-07-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old
06-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Done

Hi Lauren,

I'm always being challenged with food choices by the amount of lunch meetings I have. The trick, as I said in my original post, is really just a quantity thing. So, if someone would normally splurge on a large burger, large fries and large Coke (as an example only here), then go with a smaller burger, at most small fries and try switching the Coke to a diet or, ideally, a large water. Try these subtle changes to your diet then you will gradually see results and you can keep the convenience of grab on the go.

Old
06-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Galchenyuk94

Name: Nick
Weight: 200
Goal: 180

Main motivator: Get back in shape, I haven't done real exercise (outside of recreational football and hockey with friends) since I stopped playing organized hockey and working out, 4-5 years ago. And of course look good for the girls, isn't that why everyone goes to the gym?

Biggest obstacle ahead: Cutting back on alcohol and tasty (greasy) foods, and finding the motivation to go to the gym every other day.

I will post a pic as soon as my bro comes home with our camera. (Probably crop out the face though?) Also, I say we need to hold some kind of proof (in the pic) that we are starting today, like a newspaper or a certain word written on a piece of paper.

Old
06-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Question: i understand the 'Before' pic but must i really be thinner on the 'After' pic?

Old
06-28-2010, 02:32 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Question: i understand the 'Before' pic but must i really be thinner on the 'After' pic?
The picture is 100% up to you. The original thread was contest based. Whoever made the most progress voted on by others 'wins' but you don't have to do the picture(and not join contest, but can participate and track progress anyway) and really, even if you did, you don't necessarily have to be thinner. It just helps to track your progress. Some people want to bulk up and would get bigger in the after pic. Depends what your goal is obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
I will post a pic as soon as my bro comes home with our camera. (Probably crop out the face though?) Also, I say we need to hold some kind of proof (in the pic) that we are starting today, like a newspaper or a certain word written on a piece of paper.
Yah, i'm undecided if i'll crop or not. I hate posing and showing my face, feel like a loser lol. Yes, proof would be nice. I didn't ask for it, but once participants are finalized, we can go ahead with the picture instructions. I assume we'll start within a week or so. So a picture with a newspaper at any point this week would be fine.

Old
06-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Ok, so here's my pics... no really.

Old
06-28-2010, 02:47 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
We have a winner

Old
06-28-2010, 02:50 PM
twosaints

Quote:

/thread?

Old
06-28-2010, 03:21 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:

says the guy with poutine in his username :p

Old
06-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
says the guy with poutine in his username :p
yeah and looked at what it did to me in my 'before' pic... now i est sauceless poutine minus the cheese and potatoes. Much less filling...

Old
06-28-2010, 03:47 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Name:Kevin/ overlords
Height:6'3
Weight:275lbs

Goal: 250 would be cool, but i'm not hung up on numbers. Despite what it might sound like, i don't LOOK like some fat mother****er, just big. My goal is to change from being ' that big guy' to 'that big guy who looks like he's in really good shape'

Main motivator: I like working out, and breaking personal records is really fun. I work as a bouncer and used to work as a body guard, so i needed mass, ANY mass, for work. Now I'm head of security for a group that does raves and parties so i have people working under me, so I can afford to not be the go-to muscle. Also, girls rarely take big guys all too seriously.

Biggest obstacle: bad eating habits, terrible sleep cycle. I know enough about fitness and working out to know that there are 3 determining factors, Sleep, Nutrition and activity. Rarely do two of those work out when the other is complete garbage. I was put on ritalin when I was very young and it seemingly wrecked my eating habits. I'll rarely eat before 5 pm, this likely shuts down my metabolism and makes losing weight (and gaining muscle) that much harder.

(sorry, this is the only picture of me where you can see my torso, not trying to show off having a gf, she's a good friend of mine and this was a while ago)

edit: were we supposed to crop out faces? oh well.

Last edited by overlords: 06-28-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old
06-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

I'm 5'11, I was 150 much of my 20s, I stopped smoking, gained 30 pounds, started excercising, stopped gaining weight, locked at 175 for 1-2 years.... and then, started smoking again, went down to 160.

Now I wanna stop smoking, again, and gain that extra 15...

The lesson here, if you're in a hurry to simply lose weight, start smoking, or go on a meth binge going from afterhour club to afterhour club (no beer, or the whole exercice is a waste!).

On another note, I do kegels everyday and that's why I have a PHD (pretty huge ****), and that's why they call me the big bulge.

Old
06-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Cupmonger

Name:Mark / Cupmonger
Height:5'8 (people are pretty tall here)
Weight:244lbs
Goal:between 200-210
Main motivator: I want to be in shape, be healthy. And look better physically.
Biggest obstacle ahead:Bad eating habits (including an addiction to sugar)
Loves beer
I have rather painful muscle cramps in the lower back legs

Measures taken: Going to gym for 1h30-2h (depending on how packed it is, this also includes 20-25 minutes of running on treadmill)
Trying not to eat much and replace sweets with fruits, preferably apples and grapes (sweet food are still a pain to deal with as my parents keep buying them for themselves but never eat them even after weeks)

Needed advice: How to deal with my muscle cramps? (Gradual sports and stretching has helped but they always come back)
Tips on getting rid of my sweet food urges (I know the only way is not eating them, but any advise on how to avoid them or not think about it)
Anyone manage to get fit without totally eliminating beer form their diet?

Pic may come (I won't lie I don't intend to post one now, but probably will in the future, I do have a pic saved though of my current self)

EDIT: A fine, the rules say to post a pic, fine, incoming...

Last edited by Cupmonger: 06-28-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old
06-28-2010, 04:53 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Needed advice: How to deal with my muscle cramps? (Gradual sports and stretching has helped but they always come back).
i think cramps usually have something to do with being de-hydrated. Drinking more water is usually a good way to get in shape period, but it may do you more good than others.

Old
06-28-2010, 05:14 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisequoi View Post
A couple Christmases ago, just before I hit my "mid 30s" I stepped on a scale and noticed that I was pushing 235 lbs. At 6 foot 3 my weight never really ended up in one place (like my gut) so I never really noticed the gains; except for increasingly worse back and stress on my knees playing hockey. So, enough was enough and I'm down to a "cut" 190. The secret? It's simple: eat less, move more!

I stepped up the amount of hockey I play (2 teams plus a drop in every couple of weeks), got into a routine with a workout before and immediately after work; got rid of the gas-self-propelled lawn mower in favor of an old-school push mower and quickly dropped the weight and gained all my muscle back from when I was playing a lot more in my teens and early twenties.

I cannot say this enough: I eat and drink exactly the same stuff as I always did...just less of it. Pretty soon, you simply can't eat such huge portions and the cravings for breads and pasta start to fade. I found totally cutting stuff right out of the diet was a recipe for failure. So, 4 simple words to live by: eat less, move more.

Good luck, all!
Pretty much what I have done over the last 5 years. I am 5'7" and weigh 159 lbs right now, could lose another 5. A few years ago I was pushing 180.

I have a fitness and diet regimen that has worked for thus far. I try to get to the gym 3 to 5 times a week and at each session I keep the intensity level at high. Other things I do to maintain my weight are long walks (10 to 15 km range), parking far away from the place I am going to, and taking the stairs whenever I can. As for diet, I eat roughly six times a day and make sure that I start off the day with a whole-grain cereal because it keeps me full much longer than a white bagel or something like corn flakes. Junk-foods are not off limits but I do eat them in moderation. However, the two things I try to stay clear of are fast foods and alcohol. Having a six pack that night while watching the game = 900-1000 calories. That is almost half your daily caloric intake; not a good way to allocate your calories!

Good luck to everyone and hope you reach your fitness goals!

Old
06-28-2010, 05:27 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post

ps: i know i'm pretty pale, leave it alone
Stop showing off you have a gf man. jk. You sound like same boat as me, I wanna stay big, but in a fitter way.

Old
06-28-2010, 05:30 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Stop showing off you have a gf man. jk. You sound like same boat as me, I wanna stay big, but in a fitter way.
i still say we should have a grudge match. Or tag team against the midgets in this thread . Who do they think they are? The habs?

Old
06-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Hai guys.

Any ectomorphs in da house? Raise your skinny ass wrists! Yeah, basically I need to gain more weight. I've been eating until I want to puke for the last few months, so things are going well .

EDIT:

Height: 178cm
Weight: 75kgs
Goal: 90kgs @ 10% bf
Main motivator: Strength, fitness, sports, powerlifting, weightlifting competitions, gymnastics
Biggest obstacle ahead:
-500lbs deadlift
-Backflip

Last edited by Little Nilan: 06-28-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old
06-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty hates Sergei View Post
Hai guys.

Any ectomorphs in da house? Raise your skinny ass wrists! Yeah, basically I need to gain more weight. I've been eating until I want to puke for the last few months, so things are going well .

EDIT:

Height: 178cm
Weight: 75kgs
Goal: 90kgs @ 10% bf
Main motivator: Strength, fitness, sports, powerlifting, weightlifting competitions, gymnastics
Biggest obstacle ahead:
-500lbs deadlift
-Backflip
Need to talk to you asap

Old
06-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Need to talk to you asap