HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Glen Sather speaks/GM has blueprint for Blueshirt future

Old
06-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
thanks for the reminder, that's because the same thrasher team that they were on back then is identical to the NYR.
Not identical at all. The Thrashers did not have Wade Redden and Matt Gilroy as 1/3 of their defense...

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2010, 02:45 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Not identical at all. The Thrashers did not have Wade Redden and Matt Gilroy as 1/3 of their defense...
you got me.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 09:26 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Thursday at 12:01 a.m., the gates open again. Sather is saying the right things, as he did last night at Madison Square Garden during a tour of the presentation center detailing the Garden's renovations for season-ticket holders and all the young prospects attending the Rangers' camp this week.

"We'll probably be a little more patient than we've been," Sather told Newsday. "I don't feel like we need to do a lot. We could have done a lot the last 10 days, but we chose to keep our kids. We'd like to see how some of these guys can develop."
Last night is tonight. Article was posted tonight online for Tuesday's paper.

Athur Staple wrote someone will give Matt Lombardi $3.5-$4 million per but it won't be the Rangers

Quote:
There is more room on defense, where Wade Redden is almost certain to be waived and sent to Hartford when training camp ends. "He's been discussed," Sather said.

Anton Volchenkov, Paul Martin and Dan Hamhuis will be available Thursday; Sather reiterated he very much wants to get Ryan McDonagh signed to see if he can fill a spot on defense.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ence-1.2061939

Someone take away his Blackberry.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
So Sather has actually given a sparkle of legitimacy to the potential of a Redden Banishment. Interesting, to say the least.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 09:31 PM
NYROrtsFan

It is my experience following sports that GM's are very often telling the truth when they give these general comments on the plan of the organization.

I'd be very surprised to see us sign anyone of any significance in the first couple days. Perhaps a bit more down the road if they continue to be available or their price drops, but that is it.

Shame too. There is a big part of me that thinks maybe we should be really trying to sign a Kovy. Guys like him don't tend to be available for free. Elite production and no injury concerns. People here attempt to make the comparisons to Gomez and Drury, but there is no comparison when it actually comes down to production.

I'd still be on board with bringing in someone like Willie Mitchell. Not an overwhelming cost, and brings some solid play to the table.

Staal Rozsival
Girardi Del Zotto
Mitchell Whoever wins it

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 09:51 PM
17futurecap

I love this line from Rangerboy's article he found. Rangerboy you do a great job getting these articles posted fast, thanks.

Quote:
That sounds more like what John Tortorella has been preaching since the day he arrived in February 2009. Sather still has needed convincing on the patient approach.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 09:56 PM
HockeyGuy1985*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Last night is tonight. Article was posted tonight online for Tuesday's paper.

Athur Staple wrote someone will give Matt Lombardi $3.5-$4 million per but it won't be the Rangers

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ence-1.2061939

Someone take away his Blackberry.

Love that Redden quote.

HockeyGuy1985* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 10:04 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I love the idea of an all-youth defense because not only does it foster cohesion, but it's cost effective.

This would be a soft rebuild, and I'm all for it. Henrik is still in his prime. All they gotta do is end this NHL'ers in the Olympics nonsense and we should be fine the next few years

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 10:18 PM
HockeyGuy1985*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
I love the idea of an all-youth defense because not only does it foster cohesion, but it's cost effective.

This would be a soft rebuild, and I'm all for it. Henrik is still in his prime. All they gotta do is end this NHL'ers in the Olympics nonsense and we should be fine the next few years

Disagree.

If it wasnt for the Olympics, this year's playoff ratings and noticeable growth in non-traditional areas without teams would have taken a hit.

Quite simply, the Olympics help the NHL, period.

Old
06-28-2010, 10:46 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy1985 View Post
Disagree.

If it wasnt for the Olympics, this year's playoff ratings and noticeable growth in non-traditional areas without teams would have taken a hit.

Quite simply, the Olympics help the NHL, period.
What about the other three years?

Old
06-28-2010, 10:52 PM
HockeyGuy1985*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
What about the other three years?

Its the Olympics, its only every 4.

I think thats just the right amount of time for the NHL to play.

Old
06-29-2010, 08:26 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy1985 View Post
Its the Olympics, its only every 4.

I think thats just the right amount of time for the NHL to play.
I'm not a big Olympics guy because I grew up with the Canada Cups being played in September.

The Olympics have always hurt the Rangers in one form or another.

To shut a season down right before the playoff push is one of the dumbest things in all of sports. I would even go as far as to saying the Pro Bowl in February makes more friggin sense than NHL'ers in the Olympics.

Old
06-29-2010, 02:32 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Somehow LB got Rangers czar Glen Sather to address his minions in Rangerland....Great job by LB getting Sather to finally discuss this stuff. The Rangers season only ended 7 weeks ago. What was the rush?
He already had to put fishing on hold and show up to the draft.

You're not going to sign any costly freeagents because you're up against the cap with dopes like Redden and Druy you buffoon. You're going to look within the organization but the oldest blueliner in it playing in the minors you just dealt for a pick....moron. I'm not happy with Slats....not happy at all.

Thanks for the lip service Slats, hope we didn't inconvenience your fishing trip.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote