HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do you think of Andreas Johansson

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2005, 07:18 PM
  #1
Trashers fans
Registered User
 
Trashers fans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
What do you think of Andreas Johansson

I want to know he got the talent to put how many pts in the nhl and if he will return in the nhl or he will stay in Russia.

Thanks

Trashers fans is offline  
Old
03-22-2005, 08:07 PM
  #2
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 24,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry
I want to know he got the talent to put how many pts in the nhl and if he will return in the nhl or he will stay in Russia.

Thanks
I personally don't think much of Andreas, I think he's as much a piece of glass as Andrew Cassels is, I hope he enjoys his stay in Russia, because I believe he's done with the NHL.

and besides our LW is pretty full with Hartnell, Erat and Sullivan

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
03-22-2005, 11:23 PM
  #3
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,295
vCash: 500
I like him. He's a really nice guy, and when he WAS healthy, he was at times our most dangerous player. I don't really think he's "made of glass," because it wasn't like his injuries were from average hits. In one, he was driven head first into the goal and it messed his shoulder up. The other was from(and there are those that agree and those that disagree about this) a dirty hit from Rob Blake in which he pretty much intentionally injured him, after attempting to intentionally injure Legwand but failing. I don't see how that makes him any more "made of glass" than say Scott Walker.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
03-23-2005, 01:32 AM
  #4
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I like him. He's a really nice guy, and when he WAS healthy, he was at times our most dangerous player. I don't really think he's "made of glass," because it wasn't like his injuries were from average hits. In one, he was driven head first into the goal and it messed his shoulder up. The other was from(and there are those that agree and those that disagree about this) a dirty hit from Rob Blake in which he pretty much intentionally injured him, after attempting to intentionally injure Legwand but failing. I don't see how that makes him any more "made of glass" than say Scott Walker.
I know what hit your talking about from Blake, but it was actually Blake taking out AJ in a message to Tootoo for just bludgeoning the entire Sakic - Hejduk - line. I believe Tootoo nailed Sakic twice in that game. The next shift Blake took out AJ ( ) I can't remember the Legwand hit, but I may not have seen it...

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline  
Old
03-23-2005, 01:34 AM
  #5
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I know what hit your talking about from Blake, but it was actually Blake taking out AJ in a message to Tootoo for just bludgeoning the entire Sakic - Hejduk - line. I believe Tootoo nailed Sakic twice in that game. The next shift Blake took out AJ ( ) I can't remember the Legwand hit, but I may not have seen it...

they were typical tootoo hits, though. they were as dirty or as clean as anything. Blake missed on a brutal slash to Legwand...AJ showed up a split second later and..boom. AJ is gone most of the season. There was a pretty flagrant intent to injure in it. Sakic wasn't getting anything other than the wind knocked out of him. If Blake had a problem with Tootoo, he should have dealt with Tootoo.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
03-23-2005, 03:19 AM
  #6
devilman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Burn Berne
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Andreas Johannson is not playing in Russia. He plays for Geneva in the Swiss Elite League. He's a great player, with his skills he fits perfectly in the Swiss league.

devilman is offline  
Old
03-23-2005, 10:03 AM
  #7
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
they were typical tootoo hits, though. they were as dirty or as clean as anything. Blake missed on a brutal slash to Legwand...AJ showed up a split second later and..boom. AJ is gone most of the season. There was a pretty flagrant intent to injure in it. Sakic wasn't getting anything other than the wind knocked out of him. If Blake had a problem with Tootoo, he should have dealt with Tootoo.
I agree NMK. For the record, the injury was a pretty nasty cross check to the face.

Enoch is offline  
Old
03-23-2005, 10:20 AM
  #8
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,387
vCash: 500
I think the hits were nasty, but it seems he can never take a "nasty" hit without missing 3 or 4 months. Has he ever played more than 70 games?

triggrman is offline  
Old
03-23-2005, 10:50 AM
  #9
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 24,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I think the hits were nasty, but it seems he can never take a "nasty" hit without missing 3 or 4 months. Has he ever played more than 70 games?
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=18629

his last year with the $tranger$ he played 70 games, most in his career, yet only put up 24 points total (14g-10a)

bookmark hockeydb.com

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
03-23-2005, 12:11 PM
  #10
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Strummer
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=18629

his last year with the $tranger$ he played 70 games, most in his career, yet only put up 24 points total (14g-10a)

bookmark hockeydb.com

he was on the fourth line most of the time, though. I remember his first year with the Preds, Rangers fans lamented that he was never given more of a shot.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
03-23-2005, 02:18 PM
  #11
Mikka The Grey
Registered User
 
Mikka The Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: non-socialist state
Country: United States
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I think the hits were nasty, but it seems he can never take a "nasty" hit without missing 3 or 4 months. Has he ever played more than 70 games?
Wasn't the hit from Blake more like a flying elbow aimed for the head, a.k.a. the "Hatcher". Seems Derian (sp?) favors this move himself.

I know I would end up being a mushy head if it were me......

Mikka The Grey is offline  
Old
03-23-2005, 02:19 PM
  #12
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikka The Grey
Wasn't the hit from Blake more like a flying elbow aimed for the head, a.k.a. the "Hatcher". Seems Derian (sp?) favors this move himself.

I know I would end up being a mushy head if it were me......

nah, enoch's right. It was a crosscheck right to the face. It was, if not THE WORST, one of the worst hits I've ever seen on a Predator.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
03-23-2005, 02:31 PM
  #13
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
nah, enoch's right. It was a crosscheck right to the face. It was, if not THE WORST, one of the worst hits I've ever seen on a Predator.
Yeah, it was really nasty. It happened like 10 feet in front of me along the right side glass. I'm not sure if Blake meant to hit the head, but he certainly did. Unfortunately for us Preds fans, AJ went down like a rag doll

Enoch is offline  
Old
03-23-2005, 04:43 PM
  #14
Mikka The Grey
Registered User
 
Mikka The Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: non-socialist state
Country: United States
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
I sit directly behind the defend twice goal and could see the hit but was unsure if it was an elbow or crosscheck. Thanks for the confirmation.

Mikka The Grey is offline  
Old
03-27-2005, 10:29 AM
  #15
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,983
vCash: 50
He plays all three forward positions just as well, and has an underrated defensive game (he even used to be a defensive specialist!) and is very gifted offensively.

mattihp is offline  
Old
03-27-2005, 05:23 PM
  #16
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp
He plays all three forward positions just as well, and has an underrated defensive game (he even used to be a defensive specialist!) and is very gifted offensively.
I agree. AJ is extremely versataile. He can can play on a scoring line and score 20+ goals or he can play on a checking line role effectively. He can play any forward position. Plus, he's very well liked and respected in the dressing room. We can probably sign him at a bargain price. He's been keeping in game-shape, so he should be good to go for another year. I say bring him back.


Last edited by dulzhok: 03-27-2005 at 05:34 PM.
dulzhok is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.