DEL and DEB sign transfer agreement with the NHL

Old
06-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Salzig
I am laudable.

vCash: 500
DEL and DEB sign transfer agreement with the NHL

Source: (in German)

225,000$ for each player who has a contract in progress. I have to say that I really like this deal.

MOD: http://www.hockeyweb.de/home/artikel...l-deb-und-del/

Last edited by Fugu: 01-03-2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: link to article added
Salzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Sanderson

Will be interesting to see whether someone goes after Endras or Müller now. With the deadline being 15th of July this year, there is enough time left to try and sign them.

I'd like to know what this means for the prospects as well. Obviously, with this deal in place teams should only have the rights for two years, but it appears like the agreement was signed after the draft, so that could change things. The rights to Flaake are another interesting case. Without the agreement, Toronto could keep him for as long as they want. But with the deal in place, he's already past his signing-deadline. Do they keep him for another year, or what happens with him?

I guess there won't be an answer for that anytime soon, but it would be interesting to know.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:43 AM
smitty10

Hopefully that means Mueller will sign a contract with the Leafs now

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Hopefully that means Mueller will sign a contract with the Leafs now
By now I've come to believe that Müller will play another season in Germany before taking that next step. He was recently a guest in our rec team's practise (I actually shut him out for the entire 30 minutes he played against me, including four break-aways... ) and while I thought it would not be appriopriate to nag him about that, I did get the feeling he was going to stay a little longer. Not a really strong feeling, though, and things can obviously change very, very quickly in these regards.

Last edited by Vipers31: 06-29-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

... and yeah, since Salzig doesn't want to edit his post (): it does not only refer to players under contract. That amount is paid for every German player signing with an NHL team, no matter whether he has a contract for the upcoming season. That's pretty much the point of the agreement and the reason it's called an "Ausbildungsentschädigung" (~ development compensation) and not a transfer fee. Such an agreement would, for all I know, not have been needed if it wasn't for this. Would be especially interesting to see how the $225k is divided for players without contract between last team, youth team, DEL and DEB, but that's probably not the information you get to very easily...

Old
06-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Sanderson

Actually yes, such an agreement would have been necessary, as NHL-teams aren't allowed to negotiate with individual teams. So without such an agreement, they were only allowed to sign players who are out of contract.

Seeing how the NHL didn't want that situation to last, and neither did the DEB or DEL, this was a necessary step.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
Actually yes, such an agreement would have been necessary, as NHL-teams aren't allowed to negotiate with individual teams. So without such an agreement, they were only allowed to sign players who are out of contract.

Seeing how the NHL didn't want that situation to last, and neither did the DEB or DEL, this was a necessary step.
That's what I meant to refer to, though. Obviously players could still wait for their contracts to end and sign with an NHL club and their old clubs would have ended up empty-handed. That's something that has been addressed.

Old
06-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Shaun_W_W

Would the Leafs pay for Holzer who signed a couple months ago?

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote