HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pick #179: Nick Luukko, D, The Gunnery (CT USHS)

Old
06-29-2010, 04:11 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
As for the London Knights owning his rights, I like it. People can hate on the Hunters all they want, but they run a superb hockey program here in London. I've grown up as a fan of the Ottawa 67's, but I really like the program that's being run here in London.
Eff the Knights and the Hunters.

I begrudgingly agree. Mark is a brilliant GM and I believe he's the reason for the success of the Knights, far more than Dale. Dale does have the ability of getting a team of superstars to play as a team and keeps them focused, and I'll give him that. Beyond that, I wouldn't call him anywhere near a good coach.

But they are fresh out of Hunters to draft, so they might as well find another family link.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 04:23 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Eff the Knights and the Hunters.

I begrudgingly agree. Mark is a brilliant GM and I believe he's the reason for the success of the Knights, far more than Dale. Dale does have the ability of getting a team of superstars to play as a team and keeps them focused, and I'll give him that. Beyond that, I wouldn't call him anywhere near a good coach.

But they are fresh out of Hunters to draft, so they might as well find another family link.
Kitchener runs a good program as well. I was reading that the current head coach in Kitchener gave Jeff Skinner the Mike Richards seal of approval in terms of being a good hockey player. My own experience has been that Kitchener really produces good forwards who are reliable in all three zones.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 04:44 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Kitchener runs a good program as well. I was reading that the current head coach in Kitchener gave Jeff Skinner the Mike Richards seal of approval in terms of being a good hockey player. My own experience has been that Kitchener really produces good forwards who are reliable in all three zones.
Richards is pretty much the gold standard in the Deboer-Spott regime in Kitchener, and Spott does hold players up to that standard. It's interesting - I happened upon a prospects video on the Rangers' site yesterday, and that's exactly what Spott had to say about players in Kitchener - we don't have players that that lead the league in scoring very often, but they are solid NHL'ers because of the defensive awareness that is taught and demanded.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 05:28 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
really dont know what the big deal is, dont know how anyone can say its a waste of a pick. between the 6th round and later not a big differance from this to undrafted. most guys at that stage are all lumped together.
If he makes it good for him. If not hes like alot of kids if not a majority of the kids at this point of the draft.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote