HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mathias Brunet on CH Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-29-2010, 01:45 PM
  #26
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,115
vCash: 827
Best hockey article I've read in a while. Mathias Brunet is awesome.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 02:07 PM
  #27
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Naoned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nantes, France
Country: France
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
Good job again by Brunet.

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 02:19 PM
  #28
McNuts
Registered User
 
McNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,827
vCash: 500
Mathias definitely has above-average intelligence (not just in sports), while most sports journalists or commentators are retards. I mean, look at Michel Bergeron, or Alain Chantelois, or pretty much all analysts at RDS except for Marc Denis. They are profoundly stupid.

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 02:25 PM
  #29
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,400
vCash: 500
The problem with most Montreal media types is they can make all kinds of ridicuulous statements and nobody can call them out on it.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 02:25 PM
  #30
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
Mathias definitely has above-average intelligence (not just in sports), while most sports journalists or commentators are retards. I mean, look at Michel Bergeron, or Alain Chantelois, or pretty much all analysts at RDS except for Marc Denis. They are profoundly stupid.
And prideful ignorants.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 02:27 PM
  #31
McSorleyStick
GIJON !
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 221B Baker Street
Posts: 16,580
vCash: 500
Wow this is a great article


Lol at making RDS/RIS look like idiots

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 02:35 PM
  #32
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The problem with most Montreal media types is they can make all kinds of ridicuulous statements and nobody can call them out on it.
And the masses will believe them too.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 02:36 PM
  #33
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 50
Le Barron's head will be spinning after reading this article.
Great read and finally someone tells it like it is!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 02:40 PM
  #34
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
its a good article but for full disclosure Brunet has a hardon for Timmins.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 03:01 PM
  #35
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
its a good article but for full disclosure Brunet has a hardon for Timmins.
Probably because Brunet is largely the only journalist out there who compares Timmins to his peers individually, and not demanding he does better than the other 29 teams combined by always complaining about the "ones that got away".

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 03:43 PM
  #36
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Probably because Brunet is largely the only journalist out there who compares Timmins to his peers individually, and not demanding he does better than the other 29 teams combined by always complaining about the "ones that got away".
Timmins has done great in the later rounds, the 1st rounds not so much. He just hasnt hit a home run...YET. PK and Price have the potentials to be his homeruns. If those 2 pan out the way they are supposed to, that will get lots of ppl off his back. PPl come back to that Giroux and AK draft

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 04:00 PM
  #37
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,598
vCash: 500
M.Brunet is coming up next on ckac

http://www.ckac.com/webradio/

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 04:31 PM
  #38
Alfie Turcotte
Registered User
 
Alfie Turcotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Le Barron's head will be spinning after reading this article.
Great read and finally someone tells it like it is!
That's if he can read...


I met Brunet a few times and he is a great guy. Very good article.

Alfie Turcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
  #39
Booba
Fier, ému and proud
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chez Moi
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Great, i hope some mediots will face the fact and talk about this article and come on RDS no more Brunet and no more Gaston
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/301511.html
It was written a few days ago but Normand Flynn strike back with an article on "La grande injustice commise envers Jonathan Brunelle/The huge injustice done against Jonathan Brunelle"

It's funny because you see Normand Flynn whining against the Habs, because of the lack of quebecois drafted, and then he whines about the state of hockey in Quebec. Exactly, what Brunet pointed out.

In his article, Flynn basically said that the Habs should have drafted Brunelle (even if he was going to be undrafted) because being drafted gives you pride and makes you work harder.

Quote:
Oui, le Canadien a décidé d’inviter Jonathan Brunelle (Voltigeurs de Drummondville) à son camp quelques minutes après la conclusion du repêchage, mais ce n’est pas la même chose que d’être repêché. Ce privilège donne une motivation supplémentaire et un encouragement et ça aide à produire de meilleurs joueurs pour le futur.
Personally, I would have thought that going undraft would give you more motivation and would make you work even harder. (See Desharnais and Riopel, among others) but I guess that Normand is right...


Last edited by Booba: 06-29-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 05:06 PM
  #40
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,669
vCash: 500
Excellent article.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 05:34 PM
  #41
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Naoned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nantes, France
Country: France
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
Mathias definitely has above-average intelligence (not just in sports), while most sports journalists or commentators are retards. I mean, look at Michel Bergeron, or Alain Chantelois, or pretty much all analysts at RDS except for Marc Denis. They are profoundly stupid.
Some are, but most of them are simply going the controversy road to sell more newspapers/have better ratings. That's the problem of sport journalism, it's becoming more an enternainment industry than actual journalism.

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 06:02 PM
  #42
Destoker
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/301511.html
It was written a few days ago but Normand Flynn strike back with an article on "La grande injustice commise envers Jonathan Brunelle/The huge injustice done against Jonathan Brunelle"

It's funny because you see Normand Flynn whining against the Habs, because of the lack of quebecois drafted, and then he whines about the state of hockey in Quebec. Exactly, what Brunet pointed out.

In his article, Flynn basically said that the Habs should have drafted Brunelle (even if he was going to be undrafted) because being drafted gives you pride and makes you work harder.
That's one of the dumbest article I've ever read. It just proves how french medias are biased with a last name...

Destoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.