HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UPDATE Kostitsyn signs for $550,000 one year deal

Old
06-29-2010, 06:38 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Futures are per NHL.com.

5th round conditional pick in the 2012 draft which can go to either team depending on players signing and if there is a trade for picks.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 06:41 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I disagree ... he could have traded for a non head-case that can score more than 8 goals/year & not get into trouble off the ice
Really? How do you figure? He just traded two players that were gone in two days for an asset. Whether or not you like the asset is another story but to get something for basically nothing is better than letting two guys walk and getting nothing in return. Sorry if you think we could get a different player but who's going to trade for one or two guys rights when they're going to be free agents in two days, especially if they can score more than what you're saying and be a good person off the ice.

Poile has taken a chance and if the locker room is strong, maybe SK will straighten out. If you're him, would you look at Weber and say sorry bub, I'm doing my own thing and there's nothing you can do about it? Heck, let Tootoo have at him if he acts up. He'll take one butt whooping and that'll adjust his attitude mighty quick or he'll get traded or released. If he gets released, we haven't gained or lost anything but it was worth a shot.

Some suggest he needed a change of scenery and this does that. He won't be under the scope and scrutiny of Montreal.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 06:42 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
I disagree ... he could have traded for a non head-case that can score more than 8 goals/year & not get into trouble off the ice
For what? Ellis was gone. Boyd was not going to qualify and be a UFA. Nashville traded NOTHING. SK is a RFA and Nashville might not qualify him either and he will go to KHL.

If anything, this will most likely be Dan Ellis and Boyd for a 5th. If SK signs with Nashville. Um......There isn't enough of Worst's lolcats, youtube clips, and various internet memes to describe what I would be feeling.

Old
06-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
For what? Ellis was gone. Boyd was not going to qualify and be a UFA. Nashville traded NOTHING. SK is a RFA and Nashville might not qualify him either and he will go to KHL.

If anything, this will most likely be Dan Ellis and Boyd for a 5th. If SK signs with Nashville. Um......There isn't enough of Worst's lolcats, youtube clips, and various internet memes to describe what I would be feeling.
I misinterpreted the trade ... I had no idea it would be a pick coming our way

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 06:46 PM
braindead

I doubt Poile makes any effort to sign Serg- he's window dressing on Poile doing Montreal a favor by giving them first dibs on Boyd and Ellis. He will get it back in some future way from building goodwill. No chance Serg plays a game here (in a home uni

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 06:47 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
I misinterpreted the trade ... I had no idea it would be a pick coming our way
Yeah, the pick is based on if either team signed it's players. It can go to Montreal if Nashville signs SK. It goes to Nashville if SK goes and Montreal signs Ellis.

And it's a 2012 pick, not a 2011 per NHL.com.

Frankly, much like Nashville's offense. A lot of smoke and mirrors.

Old
06-29-2010, 06:52 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
In fairness, he wasn't going to get very much for two impending UFAs. Still, I would rather have a token late-round draft pick than Kostitsyn. The guy is an absolute mess, here's a laundry list of what he has done this year alone. And of course, who can forget the infamous "Darkest Day in Habs' History" spectacle, where he, his brother Andrei, and Roman Hamrlik were investigated as known associates of organized crime elements.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Legionnaire11

Trying to look on the bright side. His numbers aren't great, but he just finished his 3rd season and I understand he was demoted to the 4th line. The character issues that I know of were due to his disagreeing with the way the Habs handled some players. With a fresh start and more minutes, he could be a 20 goal guy.

If he doesn't sign, then there's nothing lost.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 06:56 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
In fairness, he wasn't going to get very much for two impending UFAs. Still, I would rather have a token late-round draft pick than Kostitsyn. The guy is an absolute mess, here's a laundry list of what he has done this year alone. And of course, who can forget the infamous "Darkest Day in Habs' History" spectacle, where he, his brother Andrei, and Roman Hamrlik were investigated as known associates of organized crime elements.
Nice find Worst.

Old
06-29-2010, 06:59 PM
elsubz

It's a low risk high reward trade for you guys. The kid has lots of talent and when given the oppertunity to play in the top 2 lines, he produces. Like other have said, it's only a question of maturing and I'm pretty sure the Preds organisation is gonna help him do that. If all goes well, you guys got yourself a 22 years old top 6 player for 2 UFA's. I have a high feeling he's gonna bounce back ala Ribeiro or Latendresse for you guys.

elsubz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 06:59 PM
LouisJCloutier

Habs fan here

Sergei Kostitsyn as a LOT of talent, but he's got a lot of personnality issue, lack of commitment, poor work ethic, etc.

He went against the media and it seems like he wanted to be traded like a superstar 10 years veteran after one good rookie season.

Anyway, if he can get past this, he's a very good hockey player. Great passer, have a good shot, he got speed. He's man too, not afraid to up against bigger guy. He's that big himself but play a more physical game then you may think.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:01 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_r5XnLrwNM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLGEW...eature=related

Hes got talent for sure.. But **** Attitude

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:04 PM
RaiderDoug

This is much ado about nothing.

None of these guys will likely play for their new teams.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:08 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I think both Boyd and Ellis sign. Montreal still has Price but Ellis would be a good insurance policy

Old
06-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
thank you ... we got it ... thank you Habs fans for coming in here & telling us what we received

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Poile coming on 104.5 around 6:30 PM...

Link to stream:
http://player.streamtheworld.com/_pl...=2963&nid=2920

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:12 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Essentially gave up nothing for a guy with talent but issues. Time to see how this plays out.

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
thank you ... we got it ... thank you Habs fans for coming in here & telling us what we received
Actually, his attitude at the start of the year was warranted (well, negative attitude never is, but you could see where he was coming from) He was sent down to the AHL over players like D'agostini (traded for Palushaj) and Pacioretty (later sent down and expected to start this up coming year in the AHL)

The guy is also physical. He'll hit. He'll fight, though advise against it, as he's not the greatest. He's a slick passer. Him and Hornqvist could be a sweet duo. I think if he signs in Nashville, you and the organization will be pleasantly surprised at his play and how little you really gave up for him.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:19 PM
linp

I don't understand Jacque Martin. He just doesn't like Sergei. Sergei's attitude has been improving during the season but was benched for no reason. Sergei sees the ice well and has a very good pass. He is also good in PK. If your coach can take care of him, he can be a top 6 forward.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:30 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Unlike a lot of you, im pretty happy about this deal. We god a young player who has a lot of offensive talent and is truly the kind of player we need on the ice. Except for the attitude yes, but maybe hes worked on it, we shouldnt be upset about this deal just yet. Wait until he plays for us for about a month and if hes done something immature or doesnt produce maybe ill agree with you. But I like this deal and I like knowing what he can do.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:34 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Ok, my caffeine overload is coming down and the ZOMG effect is coming down.

If everything goes well for all parties Nashville signs SK while he's an RFA and he becomes a solid point producer. Montreal signs both Ellis and Boyd. If Everything goes wrong, both teams gets nothing. Just like they were expecting.

Nashville get's the better player, Montreal gets what it needs and a player who doesn't fit.

Nashville's risk is watching SK go to Russia. Montreal's risk is not signing Ellis and Boyd. The 5th rounder is the balancer.

We will know who the winner is after July 1st.

But if everything goes right it's a huge reward for Nashville.

EDIT: Might also help that instead of the 18K reports from RDS, TSN, The Globe and Mail, Gazette, Rogers, le Media, ETC to "Yeah, that guy with the notepad is from the Tennessean and there is a bunch of bloggers who have a clue...... Don't both about the TV."

Old
06-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Jarnberg

Meh, Ellis and Boyd weren't going to sign here anyway. Unlikely Kostitsyn plays under a guy like Trotz.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I love the fan base. Poile does nothing, he gets yelled at. He makes moves, he gets yelled at. No matter what decisions he makes it's wrong. Let's see, we've gotten two players for guys we were going to lose as free agents. They may not be what everyone wants but we have gained assets back and in my eyes, that's a good thing. Even if SK turns into an idiot, so what, we tried something. People are always saying we need change and need to go in a different direction. Well, here we are, going in another direction and everyone is up in arms. Why not wait until the picture is fully painted before we go nuts on Poile.
Bingo! SK has immense offensive talent. Exactly what the fans have been screaming for for years, but he comes cheap due to his lack of maturity shown in Montreal. You don't get these players for two guys set to become UFA's in two days without there being a risk involved...

This is our high-risk/high-reward player we've all been thinking about. I like him better as a reclamation project than Cheechoo, Nilsson, Bergenheim, or POS. Cheechoo has been in decline due to injuries and none of the others have the skill SK brings...

As Poile just said, he will walk away and not give him a contract if he isn't convinced SK is committed to making it work...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:48 PM
FD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Poile coming on 104.5 around 6:30 PM...

Link to stream:
http://player.streamtheworld.com/_pl...=2963&nid=2920
Sorry, my 18 mo old broke down in the middle of the interview. I thought I heard Poile say something about a pending signing announcment on July 1? O,r was that just Poile humor?

FD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:49 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD View Post
Sorry, my 18 mo old broke down in the middle of the interview. I thought I heard Poile say something about a pending signing announcment on July 1? O,r was that just Poile humor?
He did. He sounded really excited. I hope it's not just something minor like Jonas Andersson.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote