HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds sign F Jonas Andersson - 1 year, $675k (one-way deal)

Old
06-29-2010, 06:45 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Preds sign F Jonas Andersson - 1 year, $675k (one-way deal)

Just heard on 104.5.

Any speculation?

Last edited by Seth Lake: 07-01-2010 at 12:34 PM.
worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 06:45 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Jonas Andersson?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Jarnberg

Hornqvist more than likely.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 06:51 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Jonas Andersson?
I don't think he would be building hype for a signing that minor.

He said that it was a free agent, that he was a good fit, and I thought he said that it was a name that Willy would recognize, but I'm not sure. I would be sorely disappointed if it's just Andersson.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:00 PM
dulzhok

I don't see how it could be a UFA, as it would be tampering.

I suppose he could ahve traded for negotiation rights in secrecy, but I've never seen that happen.

Honrnqvist probably, but I don't know why you wait, except to say "this is our free agency."

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Legionnaire11
HFBoards Sponsor

Hornqvist or Anderson would be a huge disappointment. Could be Kostitsyn, which would also be underwhelming.

I'm not expecting the Preds to sign anyone on thursday, but if Poile hints at a july 1 signing, only to turn around and announce Hornqvist, it would not be very funny. Maybe he thinks this is a way to get one over on the casual fan. Instead of nothing on july 1, there will actually be news of the Preds signing a gritty goalscorer. Except it's one we already have.

God I hope i'm wrong on this. Lets see a decent signing.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Jarnberg

It is either one of our guys or someone from overseas.

Can't be another team's free agent because of tampering like dulzhok pointed out.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
It has to be Jonas Andersson and I've got to say...approach it with an open mind. Andersson was young and hadn't found his game yet when he was here last. He has matured and was one of Sweden's best forwards at the recent World Championships and has really put his game together the past 3 years in Europe.

Andersson wouldn't be signed if Poile and Trotz didn't think he had matured since he was here last. If Poile thinks he can contribute and really create some competition for ice time, then I trust that Andersson has grown into the player the team envisioned when they drafted him way back when...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:22 PM
sighthndlady

Radulov has agreed to come back and Poile is giving him a 10 year contract.

(Man, am I in a testy mood today)

sighthndlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:23 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

IF it isn't Jonas .. it's Cheechoo. With the buyout today he isn't property of any team and talking to him now might not be tampering.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:25 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
Radulov has agreed to come back and Poile is giving him a 10 year contract.

(Man, am I in a testy mood today)
A dream come true

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Legionnaire11
HFBoards Sponsor

How do teams announce signings at the start of free agency without tampering? Is it not possible that the Preds have dealt with a player through some back channels and the actual signing on thursday is just a formality? can we not hope?

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
How do teams announce signings at the start of free agency without tampering? Is it not possible that the Preds have dealt with a player through some back channels and the actual signing on thursday is just a formality? can we not hope?
Teams have been known to show up on door steps at 12:00 midnight to begin negotiations. They are on the phone all night long with agents and players...

What Poile described would be tampering unless it's a deal with a free agent from Europe...

Old
06-29-2010, 07:32 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
If a team does bend the rules, they certainly aren't going to come out and say they have a signing to announce 2 days before FA opens.

I would say Chechoo is a small chance (but I hope not). Money is certainly on Hornqvist or Andersson.

Old
06-29-2010, 07:38 PM
sighthndlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
If a team does bend the rules, they certainly aren't going to come out and say they have a signing to announce 2 days before FA opens.

I would say Chechoo is a small chance (but I hope not). Money is certainly on Hornqvist or Andersson.
But if it's Hornqvist, why not just announce it now? They could have extended him months ago.

sighthndlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Seth Lake

A Hornqvist extension can be announced at any point. There is nothing that would prevent Poile from announcing a deal with any of our current players...

Old
06-29-2010, 07:41 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
But if it's Hornqvist, why not just announce it now? They could have extended him months ago.
To create the sense that we were active on July 1. "Hornqvist is as good as any UFA we could have signed."

Old
06-29-2010, 08:18 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Guys, I listened to Poile talk this morning. The player Poile is referring to is someone who played at the world championships and impressed him and the staff.

As far as Hornqivst and Franson go, they will be re-signed but it sounded as if they were still a few weeks away on getting those deals done. I would take it that Poile doesn't feel that an offer sheet will be thrown at either from opposing GM's. Everything but the last sentence is fact from his morning interview, last part is me reading into what Poile had to say.

Not sure as to why Andersson would or couldn't be signed until July 1 but my guess is budgetary reasons.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Tapp

I usually donít jump into speculation, but Poile said on the morning show that he was signing someone he saw in the World Championships on the first. It could be someone else that impressed him at the Worlds, but my first thought this morning was Andersson. And thatís because in a new interview about 2 weeks ago (new relative to the initial reports right after the World Championships), Andersson said he was near a deal with Nashville. He said negotiations had made good progress. He also said If things didnít work out with Nashville he had a couple of KHL teams interested in signing him, but he would take less money to play in the NHL, because playing in the NHL was the dream.

For my part Ė Iím glad we traded Arnott. If Poile is comfortable signing him, I look forward to seeing how it works out with Sergei (wouldnít it be nice for him to get everything together!). I am happy Thuresson re-signed; I look forward to seeing what Linus Klasen can do in training camp; and if Poile did sign Andersson I hope his second chance works out. Now, get HŲrnqvist signed!!

Also, I liked seeing Weber at the draft in LA. While Iíd be happy with either Suter or Weber as captain, Iím pulling for Shea a little bit.

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:58 PM
lightning_legwand*

Andersson and Hornqvist will be here most likely, but those guys cant be what Poile is building hype about.

Frolov?? Kariya (too old for us?)??

It better not be Ponikarovsky!

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
Andersson and Hornqvist will be here most likely, but those guys cant be what Poile is building hype about.

All 3 of those guys would be considered blatant tampering...

Old
06-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post

Oh yes they are all the hype

Unless it is Nilsson or O'Sully...

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 09:11 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Come on now. There is an entire page worth of people saying it would be blatant tampering if Poile announced to ANYONE he was going to sign a yet-to-be FA on Thursday. You CAN NOT talk to a player who is a pending free agent until midnight 1 July. If Poile really made that mistake he should be fired because it would be the first sign of dementia.

Here is a list of realistic options:

Hornqvist
Andersson
Kostitsyn
Anyone playing in Europe who isn't under contract (poaching rules)

Since I don't know a damn thing about European players' contract situations I can't speculate any further in that department without looking like a complete tool.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 09:11 PM
braindead

Jagr... clearly it's Jagr... or Gretzky... I think he was at the Worlds with team Canada this year. Is Gordy Howe still playing somewhere?

Seriously, I'd say Andersson and I'd be happy with that. Happier than Cheechoo that's for sure.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 09:18 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Come on now. There is an entire page worth of people saying it would be blatant tampering if Poile announced to ANYONE he was going to sign a yet-to-be FA on Thursday. You CAN NOT talk to a player who is a pending free agent until midnight 1 July. If Poile really made that mistake he should be fired because it would be the first sign of dementia.

Here is a list of realistic options:

Hornqvist
Andersson
Kostitsyn
Anyone playing in Europe who isn't under contract (poaching rules)

Since I don't know a damn thing about European players' contract situations I can't speculate any further in that department without looking like a complete tool.
Not going to be Hornqvist and wouldn't be Kostitsyn since Poile said the same thing earlier in the morning about signing someone and we hadn't made the trade yet. Don't know if either played at the World Championships either. If they didn't, it would rule them out completely but Poile said he's a few weeks away from re-signing Hornqvist but it will get done.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote