HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds sign F Jonas Andersson - 1 year, $675k (one-way deal)

Old
06-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Not going to be Hornqvist and wouldn't be Kostitsyn since Poile said the same thing earlier in the morning about signing someone and we hadn't made the trade yet. Don't know if either played at the World Championships either. If they didn't, it would rule them out completely but Poile said he's a few weeks away from re-signing Hornqvist but it will get done.
Neither SK or Hornqvist played in the World Championships this summer due to injuries...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 09:31 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Neither SK or Hornqvist played in the World Championships this summer due to injuries...
Hmmmm, kind of limits it then? LOL

Andersson it is.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 09:39 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Not going to be Hornqvist and wouldn't be Kostitsyn since Poile said the same thing earlier in the morning about signing someone and we hadn't made the trade yet. Don't know if either played at the World Championships either. If they didn't, it would rule them out completely but Poile said he's a few weeks away from re-signing Hornqvist but it will get done.
True.

It's Foppa guys. Totally Foppa

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 09:44 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
True.

If only. I'd take a 60% Forsberg above most guys in this league. Still one of my favorite players of all time.

Old
06-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
If only. I'd take a 60% Forsberg above most guys in this league. Still one of my favorite players of all time.
not if he's unable to play a full season + playoffs

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 09:59 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
not if he's unable to play a full season + playoffs
Would you take him for 60 games and the playoffs?

Old
06-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Would you take him for 60 games and the playoffs?
nope ... because he hasn't played in over 2 years

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 10:08 PM
predfan24

Pretty sure he is playing some at least with Modo.

As far as the signing, I'm shaking with anticipation.

predfan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 10:23 PM
roseyc

It's Rad ...it only makes sense unless it's bigger.... I don't think it's that big like ....Kovy and Rad.......naw! not that big ....what's funny this whole dropping bread crumbs by Poile is way out of character. The cloak and daggar of the way Arnott was jettisoned to sleep with Tony's fishes. They sure had their alibis down pat. They both explained it well. so it makes you wonder

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 10:25 PM
roseyc

Quote:
True.

I would rather have Jagr than Foppa ...Jagr got something left

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 10:33 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
It's Rad ...it only makes sense unless it's bigger.... I don't think it's that big like ....Kovy and Rad.......naw! not that big ....what's funny this whole dropping bread crumbs by Poile is way out of character. The cloak and daggar of the way Arnott was jettisoned to sleep with Tony's fishes. They sure had their alibis down pat. They both explained it well. so it makes you wonder
The best we could hope for is Radulov, but it wouldn't be a "signing" since he's already signed.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 10:37 PM
predfan24

How could it be Rads? If he came back it wouldn't be a signing since he is already under contract. Has to be Anderrson. Replacing Arnott with Anderrson and SK? Color me skeptical

Old
06-29-2010, 10:49 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

if you go by the WC comment, couldn't be rads. but kovy played in them

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:04 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
... what?

Forsberg played with MODO this year and was named to the Swedish Olympic team. He has been training regularly for the last two years and even got in a few matches with MODO in 08-09 to test out his foot.

I would be willing to fly to Ornskoldsvik, personally pick him up and bring him back here on my own dime if it meant he suited up for 60 games in a Predators' uniform.

Quote:
... Forsberg didn't play at the Worlds. Andersson did. (EDIT: Jagr did, too, which is pretty awesome, but I can't imagine he would come back to the NHL to play here. At least Forsberg has some kind of connection.)

I just don't see Andersson making a significant impact on the roster. He's pushing 30, notoriously injury-prone (has missed 25+ games in five of his ten years as a pro), and his greatest successes have come in the SM-Liiga, which has been paced in scoring by such world-class talents as Toni Koivisto, Justin Morrison, Steve Kariya, and Jukka Hentunen (who is the only player out of the four with a World Championship appearance).

It seems to me like we would be better off just letting a kid like Halischuk take that spot, especially when there's no guarantee Andersson would make the team out of camp.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:15 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Pretty sure he is playing some at least with Modo.

As far as the signing, I'm shaking with anticipation.
I'm sorry but the more I think about it the more I think I would be very disappointed if Jonas is our big signing. How many older players come over from Europe after successful seasons then not made a big impact at the NHL level. Let's just look at examples. Remember the hype over Brunnstrom? What has he done since coming over? That hillinka guy coming to Col a few years ago after winning the Czech league MVP. He was a total failure. Leino? He looked done until he saved himself in the playloffs this year. I'm just not excited about this.

Old
06-29-2010, 11:18 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
I'm sorry but the more I think about it the more I think I would be very disappointed if Jonas is our big signing. How many older players come over from Europe after successful seasons then not made a big impact at the NHL level. Let's just look at examples. Remember the hype over Brunnstrom? What has he done since coming over? That hillinka guy coming to Col a few years ago after winning the Czech league MVP. He was a total failure. Leino? He looked done until he saved himself in the playloffs this year. I'm just not excited about this.
Don't forget a very similar player to Andersson in size, age, and productivity from last year: Rickard Wallin.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:50 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
To be fair, there are some success stories, even in our own organization- Timonen, Zidlicky, and to a lesser extent, Orzagh. There are also a ton of flops-- Tenkrat, Peltenon, Krivo, Niskala, Kjellberg, Yachemenev, Skrbek, Philstrom, among others.

Here's the problem-- you can take those risk as a young organization... you have time to test drive players, and hope one or 2 stick. But now, we are (hopefully) an organization that's shooting to make playoffs noise. I don't mind the leaving the door open for a one or two surprises, but as it stands, we are counting on one or more of these unknowns to make our team better. We were one of the lowest scoring group of fowards last year, and we just traded our most consistent goal scorer. Where are we going to improve our offense? Where are we going to improve our PP? Our PK? Parent? Kosisyten? Andersson? O'Reilly? Sulzer? Klasen?

Maybe, maybe, maybe... let's hope there's more in store...

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:54 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Why would it be Jonas? Poile doesn't have to wait til the 1st to sign him. He can sign Jonas whenever he wants because he is Preds property. Am I right?

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 11:57 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
Why would it be Jonas? Poile doesn't have to wait til the 1st to sign him. He can sign Jonas whenever he wants because he is Preds property. Am I right?
I am thinking the same thing and the only thing I can come up with is yearly budgets. If he is signed before July 1 maybe it counts against this years salary but if it's after July 1 it goes against next years cap. I know that sounds stupid but it's the only thing I can think of.

Old
06-30-2010, 02:15 AM
goalscorer

Was thinking about what our line up might look like if we signed SK.

Sullivan-Wilson-Hornqvist
Kostitsyn-Legwand-Erat
Ward-Goc-Dumont
Smithson-O'Reilly-Tootoo
Belak

With Cal on a one-way deal this year, how do we have room for another forward? Unless we don't sign SK and/or we're looking to move someone, I don't see how we can aquire another forward. So Jonas or who ever this "new" signing is would either be a two-way or a player already on the team, right?

On a side note, I hope we move Smithson.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 03:36 AM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Hornqvist more than likely.
This is the most likely scenario, yes. Dulhok has made many good points but I think that his most proficient one was pointing out that this is probably a way of making it look like we were active on July 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Oh yes they are all the hype

Unless it is Nilsson or O'Sully...
I swear to God... I nearly strangled myself already because of these two as an Oilers fan, if we pick them up... We won't, though.
Quote:
Lolwut

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 04:39 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
This is the most likely scenario, yes. Dulhok has made many good points but I think that his most proficient one was pointing out that this is probably a way of making it look like we were active on July 1.

I swear to God... I nearly strangled myself already because of these two as an Oilers fan, if we pick them up... We won't, though.

Lolwut
It's not Hornqvist. When Poile spoke yesterday morning, the person he was talking of signing was not on the roster. It was a guy that played at the World Championships and Hornqvist did not play due to injury. Poile also specifically talked of re-signing Hornqvist and Franson but nothing was imminent as of the moment.

Old
06-30-2010, 04:50 AM
Twist and Shout

Marcel Mueller?

Twist and Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 04:54 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Guys, the Forsberg thing was a joke...

And Rads could be extended with a new contract I believe

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 05:58 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
I am thinking the same thing and the only thing I can come up with is yearly budgets. If he is signed before July 1 maybe it counts against this years salary but if it's after July 1 it goes against next years cap. I know that sounds stupid but it's the only thing I can think of.
All SPC's are 7/1 (or sign date if during the season) - 6/30.

I did not hear Poile's comments. Did he say the player definitely played at the World's, or that he talked/met/saw the player while he was attending the World's?

Earlier someone questioned whether it could be Radulov. Ignoring for the mome
nt his KHL contract, Nashville can legally sign Radulov to an extension.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote