HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds sign F Jonas Andersson - 1 year, $675k (one-way deal)

Old
06-30-2010, 06:07 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Singleton View Post
All SPC's are 7/1 (or sign date if during the season) - 6/30.

I did not hear Poile's comments. Did he say the player definitely played at the World's, or that he talked/met/saw the player while he was attending the World's?

Earlier someone questioned whether it could be Radulov. Ignoring for the mome
nt his KHL contract, Nashville can legally sign Radulov to an extension.
They saw him play at the Worlds and were impressed by his play.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 06:47 AM
Mr Sakich

is it possible that you guys have agreed to an rfa offer sheet? According to the cba, you can now talk to anyone's rfa, just can't sign them until July 1. At that point, their team can match or take the compensation.

A rfa signing for 3,000,000 or less is only a 2nd rounder. Maybe Poile has signed Ladd to a 3 mill long term deal.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 07:21 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
is it possible that you guys have agreed to an rfa offer sheet? According to the cba, you can now talk to anyone's rfa, just can't sign them until July 1. At that point, their team can match or take the compensation.

A rfa signing for 3,000,000 or less is only a 2nd rounder. Maybe Poile has signed Ladd to a 3 mill long term deal.
Signing an offer sheet for our organization is not the cards. The second we do that, Hornqvist or Franson or both are offered by another team and our budget is blown.

I highly doubt and would be very surprised in not a good manner if Poile did that...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 07:50 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 162
I just got back from 4 days of beer, theme park rides and the withering florida sun and yet its obvious that only Andersson meets the criteria specified by poile.(free agent, able to negotiate before july 1, played at worlds).

Im still hoping for Cheechoo as reclaimation project #3

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Tapp

Just for fun, Ill throw another name into the hat.

The agent for Swedish World Championship forward Niklas Persson told a Swedish newspaper yesterday that Persson has agreed to a NHL contract. However, the agent declined to name the NHL team saying they would let the NHL team make the announcement. After the Worlds it was rumored that 4 or 5 NHL teams had inquired about Persson. At that time Chicago supposedly had the inside track.

In a bit more serious vein, I agree with SLake completely. I know it is an option and maybe even an attractive one but for a team so dependent on developing its own players Id be shocked and hate it if Poile opened up the door to RFA offer sheets. It seems GMs restrain themselves from going that route. But if the Preds made an offer, Id say the gloves would come off. And that is one battle I cant see the Preds coming out on the winning side of in the long run. If RFA offer sheets became commonplace I could see that gutting the Preds.

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 08:02 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapp View Post
Just for fun, Ill throw another name into the hat.

The agent for Swedish World Championship forward Niklas Persson told a Swedish newspaper yesterday that Persson has agreed to a NHL contract. However, the agent declined to name the NHL team saying they would let the NHL team make the announcement. After the Worlds it was rumored that 4 or 5 NHL teams had inquired about Persson. At that time Chicago supposedly had the inside track.

In a bit more serious vein, I agree with SLake completely. I know it is an option and maybe even an attractive one but for a team so dependent on developing its own players Id be shocked and hate it if Poile opened up the door to RFA offer sheets. It seems GMs restrain themselves from going that route. But if the Preds made an offer, Id say the gloves would come off. And that is one battle I cant see the Preds coming out on the winning side of in the long run. If RFA offer sheets became commonplace I could see that gutting the Preds.
It's my understanding that Chicago has all but announced that they've got a deal with Persson

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Tapp

Yeah, like I noted, Chicago was the rumored front runner in signing him. I just thought it was funny when I read this thread with everyone wondering who the Preds signed and then I visited several Swedish newspaper and hockey sites that I frequent and they are wondering who Persson signed with.

Since both Andersson and Poile have publically acknowledged that they were in negotiations he makes sense to me.

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 09:08 AM
teddygmr

Jonas Andersson would be a great sigining but I wonder if goalie Denis Endras could be worthwhile as well?
He was MVP of the World Championships playing for Germany and could compete for the backup job behind Rinne.

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 10:54 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalscorer View Post
Was thinking about what our line up might look like if we signed SK.

Sullivan-Wilson-Hornqvist
Kostitsyn-Legwand-Erat
Ward-Goc-Dumont
Smithson-O'Reilly-Tootoo
Belak

With Cal on a one-way deal this year, how do we have room for another forward? Unless we don't sign SK and/or we're looking to move someone, I don't see how we can aquire another forward. So Jonas or who ever this "new" signing is would either be a two-way or a player already on the team, right?

On a side note, I hope we move Smithson.
I hope they don't move Smithson if he stays on the 4th line. He's a good penalty killer and good checking forward. Legwand and Erat linemates would be a mistake they never can play together..it just doesn't work.O'Reilly doesn't work on this team he doesn't have the toughness to play on the 4th line and doesn't score enough to play anywhere else. They should move him

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 11:30 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Signing any player who is still the property of an NHL team is tampering and will cost the signing team draft picks. Unless the player has been waived or bought out Nashville couldn't talk to the player unless they are property of Nashville.

With the list of WC players it HAS to be Jonas Andersson. It was the first name in my head and it fits all the criteria and the blog ruminations. Does he help the team? Who knows. Will SK help the team? Who knows. Will Halischuk make the team? Who knows. We went from a very quiet roster to a whole lotta WHA? in a few days. I just want to know what Jonas' contract is and how much money will the Preds have under the cap if ALL of the about do not pan out?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 01:10 PM
token grinder

just becasue yoyu can't talk to players doesnt mean you can't talk to agents, right. and we have no idea if any team has given anyone permission to speak about a trade. I think this is where alot of those little futures come into play with trades

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Predaceous

Someone's claiming that Radulov was reported as being at the airport on The Zone this afternoon. Can anyone confirm or do I have to kick ass and take names?!!!!

D

Predaceous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 02:20 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaceous View Post
Someone's claiming that Radulov was reported as being at the airport on The Zone this afternoon. Can anyone confirm or do I have to kick ass and take names?!!!!

D
Go kick ass. I think that would be fun.

Old
06-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:

D
if that's true ... that really speaks volumes against Arnott as Captain

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Predaceous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
if that's true ... that really speaks volumes against Arnott as Captain
While I'm skeptical, it would make a whole lot more sense if Poile's 'mystery signee' was Radulov as opposed to Andersson.

D

EDIT: Poile did mention, after the Arnott trade, that the only thing missing from our lineup was Radulov.

Predaceous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 02:24 PM
glenngineer

But how is Radulov going to come back and play for us if he still has another year left on his Russian contract? Is he going to bail on them like he bailed on us? lol

Old
06-30-2010, 02:24 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:

D
Dont tell me these things I really dont want to get my hopes up. And if it was Radulov what would he do about his 1 year left in the KHL, plus hes also the MVP of that league so I dont see him leaving yet.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 02:30 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
just becasue yoyu can't talk to players doesnt mean you can't talk to agents, right. and we have no idea if any team has given anyone permission to speak about a trade. I think this is where alot of those little futures come into play with trades
you cannot talk to agents. that is still tampering becuase its the same as talking to the player.

I would think to be clear that no tampering occurs they would announce if they had been given people permission to talk to a player

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 02:30 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'm guessing it was an attempt at humor by those guys. it's about on their level.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:

D
Didn't hear that, but even if true...last I heard, Radulov's mother still lives in Nashville and he comes to visit her regularly...

The IIHF would actually grow a backbone and block Radulov from playing in Nashville next season unless he fulfilled his KHL contract first with Ufa...

Old
06-30-2010, 03:01 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

So Radulovs mom lives in Nashville? I thought a big reason he went to the KHL was so he could be close to his family?

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
So Radulovs mom lives in Nashville? I thought a big reason he went to the KHL was so he could be close to his family?
$$$

Radulov left because he was promised a lot of cash and the opportunity to become a star in his homeland. I think he was also probably promised a good role on the National team as well since he was coming home to be one of the faces of the KHL...

Old
06-30-2010, 03:35 PM
goalscorer

Don't think it'll be Rads. Love to be surprised though. And with all of DP's suprises this off season, you never know. I'd guess the odds are as good as us landing Kovy, Ryan and Spezza.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalscorer View Post
Don't think it'll be Rads. Love to be surprised though. And with all of DP's suprises this off season, you never know. I'd guess the odds are as good as us landing Kovy, Ryan and Spezza.
tampering, tampering & who knows

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 04:56 PM
token grinder

my source tells me that poile had a staff meeting and said we'd be quiet thursday and friday.

take it for what it is worth

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote