HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds sign F Jonas Andersson - 1 year, $675k (one-way deal)

Old
06-30-2010, 05:19 PM
braindead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaceous View Post
Someone's claiming that Radulov was reported as being at the airport on The Zone this afternoon. Can anyone confirm or do I have to kick ass and take names?!!!!

D
I saw him.... he was carrying Jagr's bag to curbside limo stand. I think Jagr slipped him a $5 but I could be mistaken.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 05:49 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Of course, if the owners DID have some extra cash, they COULD buyout Rads KHL contract, the KHL team voids the KHL contract and everything is good with the IIHL.....

that would be the most feasible answer.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 06:42 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
my source tells me that poile had a staff meeting and said we'd be quiet thursday and friday.

take it for what it is worth
no doubt. the first two or three days are when all the ridiculous overpayments happen.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
my source tells me that poile had a staff meeting and said we'd be quiet thursday and friday.

take it for what it is worth
Exactly what I expected to be honest. Our team is pretty well set. There are some holes to fill, but we have a lot of depth to try to fill them from within and I don't expect us to, nor do I believe we can afford to, go out and be aggressive for anyone in free agency.

Poile will put out some feelers, but mainly he's going to sit back and monitor the market for some bargains and also he'll be looking for teams that free up players to trade on the cheap after signing someone else.

It might not be sexy and I can guarantee you it won't go without tweaks between now and opening night, but our roster stands at:

Sullivan - Wilson - Hornqvist
Kostitsyn - Legwand - Erat
Ward - O'Reilly - Dumont
Smithson - Goc - Tootoo
Belak - Spaling

Suter - Weber
Bouillon - Klein
Parent - Franson
Sulzer/Blum/Laakso/Josi/you name'em we got'em

Rinne
Dekanich

Last edited by Seth Lake: 06-30-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Predaceous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
Dont tell me these things I really dont want to get my hopes up. And if it was Radulov what would he do about his 1 year left in the KHL, plus hes also the MVP of that league so I dont see him leaving yet.
He's not. The whole thing was bs. I can't imagine for the life of me why Poile would throw out that nugget about a mystery signee only to have it be Jonas Andersson, but I digress. We'll find out tomorrow.

D

Predaceous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaceous View Post
I can't imagine for the life of me why Poile would throw out that nugget about a mystery signee only to have it be Jonas Andersson, but I digress. We'll find out tomorrow.

D
I totally agree. I'm disappointed with Poile about that because he inadvertently created a buzz (I think he's honestly excited, but simply knows he can't announce the signing until tomorrow for whatever reason) and should have just kept his mouth shut...

When/if Jonas Andersson is the "unnamed" forward signed tomorrow it's going to not sit well with a lot of fans who will immediately think of the Jonas Andersson that went scoreless in 5 games with the Predators many moons ago.

It sets up a bad situation IMO because Andersson is going to need to prove A LOT to the fans once camp starts to justify being our signing on July 1st. It's not a fair situation for him to come into because he has matured since that time and really put it together the past three years in Europe.

All I hope for is that people give the guy a fair shake and evaluate him based on his play this time around, rather than hold his play from the pre-lockout era against him from the start...

Old
06-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Kariya

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 08:27 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

What should I wear to the announcement of my sig ....... uh, nevermind.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 08:28 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Yashin

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 09:16 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
Yashin
well played.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 10:23 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
IWhen/if Jonas Andersson is the "unnamed" forward signed tomorrow it's going to not sit well with a lot of fans who will immediately think of the Jonas Andersson that went scoreless in 5 games with the Predators many moons ago.
I think you're wrong. When Jonas is named as the forward, most fans will go "who?" and won't remember he ever played for us. LOL

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 10:25 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
What should I wear to the announcement of my sig ....... uh, nevermind.
Mustard jersey and a smile.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 10:31 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
well played.
Im glad you think so.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Legionnaire11

as long as it's not Jiri Dopita

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 11:15 PM
jstreet

my prediction

Poile will not sign anyone tomorrow
He will wait until 9 days into training camp.
He will sign whoever The Wild cuts.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 07:48 AM
boropredsfan

SIAP found this from 6-29 Listing Andersson to Preds

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle7384934.ab

boropredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by boropredsfan View Post
Good catch! I'm positive he'll be the mystery forward announced today...

Old
07-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Good catch! I'm positive he'll be the mystery forward announced today...

I'm sorry but all this hype for a nobody has my a little pissed off. While I don't expect Kovie, I think Poile handled this the wrong way.

OOOOH big mystery forward!

Oh, it is a draft pick from years ago who did absolutely nothing at the NHL level!

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post

I'm sorry but all this hype for a nobody has my a little pissed off. While I don't expect Kovie, I think Poile handled this the wrong way.

OOOOH big mystery forward!

Oh, it is a draft pick from years ago who did absolutely nothing at the NHL level!
Poile never said "big" and unfortunately the way it was presented had it taking on a life of it's own. I've already said that I think Poile should have just bit his lip, but I think he's honestly excited that Andersson has matured into the player envisioned when he was drafted and just let it slip without really thinking about the hype it would create.

Old
07-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Top 6 Spaling

I know Raddy wont come back this year, but if we lock up Kostitsyn (gulp) do you think he'd be more likely to come back next summer? I think Poile could have been thinking about that when he made this deal, not to mention all of Kostitsyn's potential.

If Poile traded the rights of two UFAs for a second liner and Raddy

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 08:45 AM
glenngineer

I really don't know why people are all over Poile for signing Andersson. It's not like it was going to be any of the free agents that are out there because of tampering rules so why do people get their hopes up that it may have been a big fish? We know the budget of the team, we know who's still unsigned; Hornqvist, Franson, Parent, SK and a back up goalie, so in reality, so who were we going to pick up? Is it like all of a sudden Jagr was going to come and play here for us when he can make more money overseas or go to a club with more to offer?

Poile has made some interesting moves this offseason. He made some interesting moves at the trade deadline. We want things to change and when they do we aren't happy with the moves. If you think about some big things, the biggest thing he has to do is try and figure out a way to keep Weber and Suter long term. How he does this while keeping the team competitive is anybody's guess. Trading for SK has a possibility of becoming a distraction but it also gives us a possible top 6 forward, which last time I checked, we could always use someone who can score. He's young and cheap and by all accounts has the skills to play in the NHL. With his youth, comes immaturity but the fact that Bouillon has said he would take him under his wing is already a good sign for our club.

We're not gonna make the flashy signings. We're not gonna make the blockbuster trades more often than not. It's the slow and steady wins the race thing for Poile and the organization and while it's boring sometimes, it keeps us competitive and for the most part in the playoffs.

We as a fan base are overly critical because this is our team. We see it every day. You look around and other than the comments that we shouldn't have a team because we don't have a fan base or we aren't financially strong, this team and the way it's built is highly respected around the league. Most teams would kill to have Poile and Trotz at the helm. While I've been critical of Trotz over the years, I saw something different in his coaching and style last year and had the team consistent for the most part and that is all I've been asking. There wasn't the giant roller coaster of win streak, losing streak, a few wins here and there, followed by a few losses. Once we got the ship righted, we were as good as anyone in the league. From Christmas on, we were on pace with the likes of Chicago. Next step is to have the consistency for the entire year. I think Poile is giving Trotz the right pieces to make this work.

SLake has a projected lineup on here somewhere and I have to say, I liked what I saw. Poile will add whatever he feels we need. I'm not too worried about it at this point. He's smart and shrewd and while that's boring, it gets the job done at the end of the day. I wouldn't want Burke or the overspending Sather. I'll take my chances with Poile at the helm.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Poile never said "big" and unfortunately the way it was presented had it taking on a life of it's own. I've already said that I think Poile should have just bit his lip, but I think he's honestly excited that Andersson has matured into the player envisioned when he was drafted and just let it slip without really thinking about the hype it would create.
I didn't say big. I said mystery. For most of us it wasn't even that. If I tell you hey Slake, I have a box with a surprise in it, you probably aren't going to think that it is a BAD surprise. Not saying this one is.

Think about it this way, a couple days before christmas your dad tells you "I have a surprise I think you are going to like come Christmas day." You can't help but get excited. Sure enough, when you open that package it is nothing more than a used pair of tube socks that you threw away years ago.

Poile needed to be silent instead of trying to make a big deal out of nothing. I am not mad that we signed the guy, I am more upset that Poile acted giddy over a depth move that will probably never touch NHL ice.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 08:54 AM
token grinder

[QUOTE=Joetimo;26648537]

Think about it this way, a couple days before christmas your dad tells you "I have a surprise I think you are going to like come Christmas day." You can't help but get excited. Sure enough, when you open that package it is nothing more than a used pair of tube socks that you threw away years ago.
QUOTE]

I think you are too negative here. he very well could come in and pot 20 goals this year.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 08:57 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

I'm excited about it!

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 08:58 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

the only people at fault here are the people who took polies comment and jumped to completely illogical conclusions.

any level-headed person would know that he couldnt have been talking about a current NHL player. that leaves unsigned euros or free agent college players.

just chill.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote