HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fight in camp

Old
06-30-2010, 10:44 AM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
Respectfully disagree. I played Water Polo for a long time throughout school and for clubs and stuff, and I can remember on more than one occasion I had problems with certain teammates. (If anyone's familiar with this sport, I was a goalie, and a set-man (guy who basically plays in front of the net - lots of phys contact)) I remember one time, playing set, things got out of hand and a teammate punched me in the face, resulting in a full on brawl (in the water). Later at the doc's (upstairs) we made up and ended up becaming really good friends, joking about it a lot for years after. If it never happened, we wouldn't have been as friendly guaranteed.

In water polo, fighting is as rare as it comes, and so with a sport like hockey, where its more or less commonplace, I don't really see this as that big of a problem.

Point is, it happens, and I don't doubt they bought each other a beer after.
Hmm interesting point. I suppose the same could happen with hockey team mates.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 10:52 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
This is not "staged" fighting. This is two young guys trying to make an impression, and playing with passion. Droping the gloves in the heat of the moment is part of the game, it happens very quickly and is simply a reactionary part of the game for many players. Werek got hammered got up was pissed and they dropped 'em.

IT'S HOCKEY!

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 10:57 AM
NYR Viper

As long as McNaught keeps the gloves on all will be fine. That kid could literally seriously injure some of these kids.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 08:34 AM
bscharf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Oh GOD...

I'm guessing some of you have never played the game. I'll leave it at that.
actually have played the game and unless you played in the minors youd know that if you fight youd get suspended for the next game... and you were full masks.... sooo

bscharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 08:52 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscharf View Post
actually have played the game and unless you played in the minors youd know that if you fight youd get suspended for the next game... and you were full masks.... sooo
You have never gotten into it in practice with anyone? These are not games, they are scrimmages and the players barely know eachother.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Fighting in practice is all about establishing the pecking order. Who's going to establish themselves as "the guy". Who's going to step up. At the end o a tussle, both players gain respect from not only each other, but thier teammates and the staff as well. Spend enough time at a rink and you will see it's commonplace...At just about any level.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 10:22 AM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscharf View Post
So? I played under those rules my whole life, and that never stopped me once. In fact, I've been in a couple of team on team brawls, those were fun. IT'S HOCKEY.

And besides, this is PRACTICE. Tempers flare up, even amongst teammates.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Guys this has been happening for years. Rookie camps, training camps, intersquad games. Heck, it happens at practice.

If anything it shows a compete level that coaches like to see.

I see nothing wrong with this. If we're concerned about them getting hurt in a fight, than we have to be equally worried about any of players pulling something, breaking something or otherwise getting injured.

In a game with ice, wooden sticks and rubber pucks, anything you do carries the risk of injury.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote