HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds sign F Jonas Andersson - 1 year, $675k (one-way deal)

Old
07-01-2010, 09:05 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
To me Jonas Andersson = big FA European pick up.

Type of deal Poile lives for. If Andersson can play big bonus, if can't oh well, he's going to be cheap. Remember, this guy played in the OLD NHL when the goalies were short and the defense was trapping.
The FA signing has to Andersson. And SLAKE nailed it. this roster is pretty much set if SK can be molded into a model citizen. Also, the comment about Dumont getting 3rd line time from Trotz may just be buffered by the fact that the 3rd line will become a scoring line, not a checking line.

Now, if Poile pulls a rabbit out of his hat and somehow gets a name to come to Nashville......

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
the only people at fault here are the people who took polies comment and jumped to completely illogical conclusions.

any level-headed person would know that he couldnt have been talking about a current NHL player. that leaves unsigned euros or free agent college players.

just chill.
Again, I stress, this isn't a bad move, but isn't a move people are going to be excited about. I think this is more a PR problem more than anything. You lose a "big" name in Arnott (who people know simply because of his overtime SC winner) and do nothing to fill that name (as of now).

Like I said, I am more upset over the way this was presented more than the actual move itself. I wasn't expecting anything big, but I DO expect Poile to be a bit more reasonable.

If this guy scores 20 goals, I will change my user name to something to do with Andersson. Maybe "I love Andersson" or something like that.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Tapp

Again, SLake you are right. Poile did not hype the signing. It was Willie and the other 104.5 guy in the evening who picked up on it and ran with it after Poile hung up calling it a mystery signing.

In the morning, Poile was asked about not qualifying Boyd and Grebs. As a part of his answer about why he did not qualify Boyd, Poile said . . . also Im pretty sure on July 1st Im going to be signing a player from Europe that I saw at the World Championships that will take his place. That is all that was said. Hardly hyping the player.

If it is Andersson, I applaud him for continuing to work hard, for continuing to pursue his dream of playing in the NHL after going back to Europe. Whoever the player is, if he has a chance to be a Predator and help the team in whatever role is asked of him Ill be cheering for him to succeed. I wont be upset and knocking the guy before he even crosses the Atlantic and has a chance to show what he can bring to the team.

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
If this guy scores 20 goals, I will change my user name to something to do with Andersson. Maybe "I love Andersson" or something like that.
OK, BFC and I are marking it down...

Joetimo has committed to changing his name to something revolving around Jonas Andersson if Andersson scores 20 goals in the '10-'11 season.

If that happens, Joetimo will be allowed to pick out a minimum of three names and the board will choose the winner via poll.

Agreed?

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 09:17 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

Never happen but if we ever signed Jagr....I'm growing a mullett!!!!

hipcheck85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post

Joetimo has committed to changing his name to something revolving around Jonas Andersson if Andersson scores 20 goals in the '10-'11 season.

If that happens, Joetimo will be allowed to pick out a minimum of three names and the board will choose the winner via poll.

Agreed?
At the NHL level. I agree to this deal. Hope I have to change my name for the greater good.

Old
07-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapp View Post
Again, SLake you are right. Poile did not hype the signing. It was Willie and the other 104.5 guy in the evening who picked up on it and ran with it after Poile hung up calling it a mystery signing.

In the morning, Poile was asked about not qualifying Boyd and Grebs. As a part of his answer about why he did not qualify Boyd, Poile said . . . also Im pretty sure on July 1st Im going to be signing a player from Europe that I saw at the World Championships that will take his place. That is all that was said. Hardly hyping the player.

If it is Andersson, I applaud him for continuing to work hard, for continuing to pursue his dream of playing in the NHL after going back to Europe. Whoever the player is, if he has a chance to be a Predator and help the team in whatever role is asked of him Ill be cheering for him to succeed. I wont be upset and knocking the guy before he even crosses the Atlantic and has a chance to show what he can bring to the team.
I too applaud Andersson for sticking with his dream continuing to work hard to refine his skills and realize his potential and hope in the end that both he and the Predators are rewarded for their shared patience.

As for the portion of your post I bolded, I hadn't heard the exact quote from the morning show and after reading that I'm going to refine my lineup projection as such...

Sullivan - Wilson - Hornqvist
Kostitsyn - Legwand - Erat
Andersson - O'Reilly - Dumont
Ward - Goc - Tootoo
Belak - Smithson - Spaling

Andersson is definitely going to have to prove himself, but if he does so in camp, there's gonna be some SERIOUS competition for roster spots and our depth is actually surprisingly better than I think most would have expected. Remember still that Geoffrion and Thuresson among others are going to be chomping at the bit from Milwaukee too. I could see Andersson potentially flipping with Ward, but I like the idea of maintaining that fourth line as a checking line.

Poile is giving Trotz a ton of depth to work with here and I can't see us not being able to roll four lines on a nightly basis...

Old
07-01-2010, 09:23 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:

Agreed?
Forget it. I'm calling the 'Jonas Brother' If you are going to make a bet. Make the bettor suffer.

Old
07-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
At the NHL level. I agree to this deal. Hope I have to change my name for the greater good.
Agreed! I too hope for the sake of the team that we hold you up to this by season's end!

Old
07-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Forget it. I'm calling the 'Jonas Brother' If you are going to make a bet. Make the bettor suffer.
oh gawd.

Before you get any ideas he has to score 20 goals.

Old
07-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
I like it! Maybe "Another Jonas Brother" with a custom avatar of our Jonas morphed into the band?

Up for that challenge Joe?

Old
07-01-2010, 09:37 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

and if he doesn't, what happens to BFC and SLake? there has to be 2 sides to a bet.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
and if he doesn't, what happens to BFC and SLake? there has to be 2 sides to a bet.
He was the one claiming he would change his name...not us...we're just holding him to it...

Old
07-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
I like it! Maybe "Another Jonas Brother" with a custom avatar of our Jonas morphed into the band?

Up for that challenge Joe?
If Worst is up for the avatar, sure.

EDIT: Well I did say I was going to do it anyway... but if one of them would buy me a beer at the next game I might take that lol. And yes I will be 21.

Meh. I am so confident in my bet forget the beer.

Old
07-01-2010, 09:41 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
He was the one claiming he would change his name...not us...we're just holding him to it...
fair enough

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 09:41 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Yeah. We are just holding Joe to his comment. One of the powers of being a moderator. Joe is betting on the the unlikely to not happen. Safe bet for him.

Old
07-01-2010, 09:42 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
If Worst is up for the avatar, sure.

EDIT: Well I did say I was going to do it anyway... but if one of them would buy me a beer at the next game I might take that lol. And yes I will be 21.
Well, I do like the liquor region of the NE. (Yungling brewery, wineries all over the friggin place.) But Joe, let me quote Volde on this one.

'Stupid is supposed to hurt.'

EDIT: And Jonas still has to sign too.

Old
07-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Well, I do like the liquor region of the NE. (Yungling brewery, wineries all over the friggin place.) But Joe, let me quote Volde on this one.

'Stupid is supposed to hurt.'

Volde is full of good advice lol. Though I don't think I am being stupid with this bet.

What would be stupid now is if I give the hockey gods the middle finger and tell them they aren't powerful enough to make Jonas score 20 goals or even 30 points. Do you hear me hockey gods!

Old
07-01-2010, 09:48 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Volde is full of good advice lol. Though I don't think I am being stupid with this bet.

What would be stupid now is if I give the hockey gods the middle finger and tell them they aren't powerful enough to make Jonas score 20 goals or even 30 points. Do you hear me hockey gods!
You're a college boy aren't you?

Old
07-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
You're a college boy aren't you?
What gave you the hint?

LOL.

Old
07-01-2010, 09:57 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
What gave you the hint?

LOL.
I still remember the days of when I was in college when my knowledge was growing and my common sense was shrinking...

Old
07-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Tapp

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle7401235.ab

According to this article - Andersson's deal is one year, one way, $700,000.

He says the Preds had contacted him prior to his 6 goal performance in the World Championships.

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 11:52 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:

He says the Preds had contacted him prior to his 6 goal performance in the World Championships.
One way deal? **** me, we really are making our bed for next year.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 11:55 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

For only one year. No biggie.

Old
07-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:

Guess that might have really served as motivation for the World Championship performance...definitely sealed the deal...confidence is everything for a player...