Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Western Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

Swiss hockey players in NHL/AHL

Old
05-31-2010, 07:29 AM
torero

vCash: 500
Roman Josi : has officially signed for a 3 yrs contract with the Nashville predators ... he'll be collegue of Tootoo ... one of my prefered players! (actually fighters)

Good luck and machs guet !

http://slapshot.ch/slapshot-news.asp...d=11109&navi=1

Juraj simek is likely to move to the KHL ... Dynamo Riga. Smart move !

http://slapshot.ch/slapshot-news.asp...d=11108&navi=1

удача

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 07:55 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion681 View Post
Stephan has a bit more experience than a 23 years old from the AHL and also wouldn't you want, as a backup at least, a netminder that was able to beat Canada at the WC (which is way tougher than say for example beating the Providence Bruins)?
Yes Stephan does have more experience than a 22 or 23 year old, but who has the higher ceiling? It would be more beneficial to get a goalie into the NHL at 22 or 23 so that they can gain experience and work toward reaching their potential so that at 25 or 26 they can be ready to take over the starting position at the NHL level.

Being 26 right now, Stephan doesn't have very much room to grow and unless a team doesn't have any goalies that are ready to make the jump and there are no cheap veteran NHLers, then there would be no reason to bring Stephan over.

Honestly, I would love to see him in a backup role in the NHL this upcoming season or next season, but I just don't really see it happening. I think he has the talent to be an NHL goalie, but I just don't think he's the best option for most teams.

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:55 PM
torero

Roman Wick has officially signed for a 1 year 2 ways contract with the Sens.

hopefully he adjusts quickly.

good luck Roman !

http://www.20min.ch/sport/eishockey/...ttawa-23714720

++

Severin Blindenbacher would be ready to sign a 2 way contract with who has interest !

http://www.20min.ch/sport/eishockey/...-NHL--27749251

Old
06-15-2010, 03:04 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

Good for him, he deserved a chance after the olympic tournament he had.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 09:39 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Any news of Tobi yet?

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 02:31 AM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFanInCanada View Post
Any news of Tobi yet?
Conz (young talent goalie) was just recontracted by Servette.

Servette has problems with money.

We could infer that Tobi has a higher incentive to look for another employer.
Still keeping in mind that he was among the heroes last year for his team !
and that a good goalie is saved money when you still have ambitions.

In other words ... The side where he would stay in Switzerland is mildly weaker (at least salary cut or new employer ... comfort sphere is "broken").

On the demand side ... nothing new publicly !

Last edited by torero: 06-17-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old
07-02-2010, 04:52 AM
torero

Severin Blindenbacher

Was signed by the Dallas Stars ... 1 year 2 way contract.

Great ... thing for Swiss hockey.
(hopefully he will have a huge success and a Bruins Scout will have it in his throat for some time )

++

Funilly, after the discussions on Ambuhl and what really happened, none of the swiss posters started arguing on the different threads about our swiss hockey players

++

I am very positive for the number of young guns that are moving to NA :

Sven Bärtschi (17) with Portland Winterhawks (WHL)
Dave Sutter to the Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL)
Lino Martschini to the Plymouth Whalers (OHL)
Both were already traded to Red Deer and theLondon Knight.
Dario Truttmann to the Kitchener Rangers.
Dennis Saikkonen to Brampton Battalion (OHL).

++

I am also positive on the fact that teams that already drafted or had a Swiss player with a good experience seem to be ok by contracting another Swiss player.

Anaheim ....
Islanders ...
Senators ...
Montreal ...
Dallas ...
Portland Winterhawks ...
Kitchener Rangers...

(thanks God not all teams have the "Boston Bruins Swiss attitude Syndrom" )

Last edited by torero: 07-02-2010 at 05:04 AM.
Old
07-02-2010, 04:57 AM
torero

Nino Niederreiter to the ISlanders and

Mauro Jorg to the New Jersey devils

++

In spite of the warnings of our friend Pokechecker, I was surprised by the few swiss players that were drafted, i felt that with the JWC our swiss team had, more would be drafted !

this was our team in 2010 JWC

-Goalies-
Benjamin Conz - Undrafted
Matthias Mischler - Undrafted
-Defence
Luca Camperchioli - Undrafted
Jannik Fischer - Undrafted
Patrick Geering - Undrafted
Roman Josi - NSH, 2008, 38th Overall
Luca Sbisa - PHI, 2008, 19th Overall, TRADED TO DUCKS

Dominik Schlumpf - Undrafted
Lukas Stoop - Undrafted
Ramon Untersander - Undrafted
-Forwards
Benjamin Antonietti - Undrafted
Jeffrey Füglister - Undrafted
Nicolas Gay - Undrafted
Mauro Jörg - Drafted by NJ Devils
Michael Loichat - Undrafted
Ryan McGregor - Undrafted
Nino Niederreiter - Drafted by NY Islanders
Sven Ryser - Undrafted
Tristan Scherwey - Undrafted
Reto Schäppi - Undrafted
Tim Weber - Undrafted

Last edited by torero: 07-02-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old
07-02-2010, 05:13 AM
torero

Does anyone of you have an idea what happend to Luca Cunti ?

he was transfered to the SCL Tigers ... was injured .... and seems to have disapeared from all radar screens !

He had a great rating by scouts a couple of years ago ... with a bang or bust expected return ....

++

Same question on Tim Weber ... he was in MODO (SEL) ...

Last edited by torero: 07-02-2010 at 05:57 AM.
Old
07-02-2010, 05:41 AM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
++

I am very positive for the number of young guns that are moving to NA :

Sven Bärtschi (17) with Portland Winterhawks (WHL)
Dave Sutter to the Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL)
Lino Martschini to the Plymouth Whalers (OHL)
Both were already traded to Red Deer and theLondon Knight.
Dario Truttmann to the Kitchener Rangers.
Dennis Saikkonen to Brampton Battalion (OHL).

++
Adding
El Nino ... with Winterhawks
Dominik Schlumpf ... with Shawinigan
Alain Berger ... probably with Oshawa Generals
Nils Berger ... presumably with Innisfils Lakers

Robert Meyer may not qualify as a young gun anymore !

I am sure i forgot some players ... but that is a serious number of Swiss young players playing in NA !
(if you know some ... please mention them !! )
(remembers me a thread "the swiss are coming, the swiss are coming")

This is GREAT !

"Nul n'est prophète en son pays" ... Or Jesus couldn't make miracles in Nazareth

Old
07-02-2010, 06:34 AM
torero

Juraj Simek is likely to play in Riga (KHL)

Daniel Steiner ... i wouldn't be surprised to see him in a AHL maybe NHL 2 way contract. I give the following probabilities :
NHL 2 way 30%
AHL simple 30%
Other league EX LNA & EX NA 35%
LNA 2%
Others 3%

i put here a link where they talk about Steiner .... in line with what i saw when watching the Amerks games.
http://www.letsgoamerks.com/2010/04/...o-next-season/

Old
07-03-2010, 07:17 AM
SilverArrow

Interviews with 5 Swiss CHL Import Drafts 2010

Torero,
That is really good new for Swiss ice hockey!

It is suprising though, after trying to find some info about these players in Swizerland the outcome is very poor. The most Swiss online hockey news (ex. Slapshot) and even the Swiss Ice Hockey Association announce only that one of player have been draftet.

But Canadian media has been much quicker and they have already made interviews with each of these players, which is interesting reading for us who don't know so much about these youngster. Enjoy the reading:

Truttmann Dario (D), EVZ: Plymouth Wahlers (OHL):
http://www.plymouthwhalers.com/relea...aft_062910.htm

Sutter Dave (D), Genf Servette: Seattle Dunderbirds (WHL):
http://www.seattlethunderbirds.com/n...article_id=420

Saikkonen Dennis (G), SCB Future: Brampton Battalions (OHL):
http://www.battalionhockey.com/sleep...troops-p143182

Martschini, Lino (F), EVZ : Peterborough Petes
http://www.gopetesgo.com/news.php?id=1010

Bärtschi Sven (F), SC Langenthal : Portland Winterhawks (WHL)
http://winterhawks.com/news/pressrel...article_id=997

SilverArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Pokechecker

The Swiss players don't have the respect yet that they get drafted in the NHL-Draft, most of them are not good enough yet but there is still an improvement. A lot of players are on the radar-screen of most NHL-organisations and more and more scouts come and visit our league-games. Why is that? A handful of Swiss players did climb into a status called "cheap alternatives". The story behind this: After every season the agents of mediocre or even worse NHL-players ask for new, better contracts for these players. The GMs just don't want to pay a mediocre 6th or 7th defenseman 2-3 Mio but of course the agents of these players ask for this money and tell that the player will leave he doesn't get payed in this category. So the GMs started to build some cheap alternatives with decent players in Europe who wouldn't hurt the NHL-team in a minor-role. For example: Why to pay a so-so-defender 2.5 Mio if the Swiss Blindenbacher plays for 800'000.-- and he is probably not much worse than the 2.5-Mio-man, if at all... This is economically a very good strategy and doesn't hurt the competitiveness of the team too much. What does this mean for us, if we read that this and that Swiss player got offered an NHL-contract: Once again...not to overrate this. Right now we have Mark Streit and Jonas Hiller as real NHL-players, they get payed average or even a bit above average money and have longterm-contracts. Such contracts are the proof that you are an NHL-player. Wick, Ambühl, Blindenbacher are just on some sort of tryout. The teams will try them, use them as cheap alternative-players to stay within the salary-cap and open some cap-space for maybe a star-player. After one season we can talk about whether Wick, Ambühl and Blindenbacher are NHL-players. Ambühl obviously was not in this category. The Rangers did let him go and so far no other team did hire him. Wick and Blindenbacher now have the chance to proof that they belong and they belong if they get a fat multiyear-contract after this season (at least 2 years and 5 Mio - 2.5 per season). This would mean they got payed still remarkably below the average NHL-salary but in my eyes I would then call them NHL-players. We have to remember that every year a lot of so called cheap alternative players get contracts like Wick and Blindenbacher. I noticed even players who where considered as possiblel import-players for our league and failed the quality-measurestick. So don't overrate the NHL-reputation of Wick and Blindenbacher yet. I don't want to take anything away from them because it's already a great achievement if you climb into spheres where the NHL considers you as cheap alternative players. This is already much more than tons of young hockeyplayers ever dared to dream of. But still...let's stay modest and realistic.

Thomas Roost
Central Scouting Europe / NHL

Pokechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 05:52 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokechecker View Post
The Swiss players don't have the respect yet that they get drafted in the NHL-Draft, most of them are not good enough yet but there is still an improvement. A lot of players are on the radar-screen of most NHL-organisations and more and more scouts come and visit our league-games. Why is that? A handful of Swiss players did climb into a status called "cheap alternatives". The story behind this: After every season the agents of mediocre or even worse NHL-players ask for new, better contracts for these players. The GMs just don't want to pay a mediocre 6th or 7th defenseman 2-3 Mio but of course the agents of these players ask for this money and tell that the player will leave he doesn't get payed in this category. So the GMs started to build some cheap alternatives with decent players in Europe who wouldn't hurt the NHL-team in a minor-role. For example: Why to pay a so-so-defender 2.5 Mio if the Swiss Blindenbacher plays for 800'000.-- and he is probably not much worse than the 2.5-Mio-man, if at all... This is economically a very good strategy and doesn't hurt the competitiveness of the team too much. What does this mean for us, if we read that this and that Swiss player got offered an NHL-contract: Once again...not to overrate this. Right now we have Mark Streit and Jonas Hiller as real NHL-players, they get payed average or even a bit above average money and have longterm-contracts. Such contracts are the proof that you are an NHL-player. Wick, Ambühl, Blindenbacher are just on some sort of tryout. The teams will try them, use them as cheap alternative-players to stay within the salary-cap and open some cap-space for maybe a star-player. After one season we can talk about whether Wick, Ambühl and Blindenbacher are NHL-players. Ambühl obviously was not in this category. The Rangers did let him go and so far no other team did hire him. Wick and Blindenbacher now have the chance to proof that they belong and they belong if they get a fat multiyear-contract after this season (at least 2 years and 5 Mio - 2.5 per season). This would mean they got payed still remarkably below the average NHL-salary but in my eyes I would then call them NHL-players. We have to remember that every year a lot of so called cheap alternative players get contracts like Wick and Blindenbacher. I noticed even players who where considered as possiblel import-players for our league and failed the quality-measurestick. So don't overrate the NHL-reputation of Wick and Blindenbacher yet. I don't want to take anything away from them because it's already a great achievement if you climb into spheres where the NHL considers you as cheap alternative players. This is already much more than tons of young hockeyplayers ever dared to dream of. But still...let's stay modest and realistic.

Thomas Roost
In fact i am positive as a person, but realistic ... yet on this board, and unlike you, i am a divan hockey trainer and philosopher with no impact on realities, consequently i can manifest my enthousiasm, which is about Switzerland moving toward exporting players. That is one of the strategic alleys to evolve into a superior hockey country.

Realistically, as you say, it is a tryout contract ... 2 way 1 year deal with 870(less than a million) if they scratch regularly NHL ice and less than 100'000 if the stay in AHL. Very little risk for the organisation... "a pawn" in chess.

Tks for your economical explanations ... Adam smith was calling this the invisible hand

What would you think about a player like Daniel Steiner ?
I understand that our cheap players are alternative players, and that with the NHL salary caps, the more they save on cheap players, the more they can afford stars. We saw with Ambuhl that, whatever we may deem his level compared to his mates, he wasn't producing (points) and therefore didn't really have an NHL chance and had no success story. Do you think that Steiner, who has been producing interesting numbers in AHL would have a chance as one of these alternative cheap cost players ?? to me he has been puzzling because of his efficiency ... having watched several games ...

Old
07-03-2010, 05:57 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverArrow View Post
Torero,
That is really good new for Swiss ice hockey!

It is suprising though, after trying to find some info about these players in Swizerland the outcome is very poor. The most Swiss online hockey news (ex. Slapshot) and even the Swiss Ice Hockey Association announce only that one of player have been draftet.

But Canadian media has been much quicker and they have already made interviews with each of these players, which is interesting reading for us who don't know so much about these youngster. Enjoy the reading:
great links ... a lot of insight. tks

Old
07-04-2010, 02:09 AM
Pokechecker

Quote:
I
What would you think about a player like Daniel Steiner ?
I understand that our cheap players are alternative players, and that with the NHL salary caps, the more they save on cheap players, the more they can afford stars. We saw with Ambuhl that, whatever we may deem his level compared to his mates, he wasn't producing (points) and therefore didn't really have an NHL chance and had no success story. Do you think that Steiner, who has been producing interesting numbers in AHL would have a chance as one of these alternative cheap cost players ?? to me he has been puzzling because of his efficiency ... having watched several games ...
Personally I like Daniel Steiner. He is a special person in a positive way and dares to be different. I think in a best-case-scenario he could play a minor-role in an NHL-team (replace scoring-forward if one of the top-six is injured). But there is one problem with Steiner. Unlike other "cheap-tryout-players" he has already an age what doesn't give hope for additional upside. Wick and Blindenbacher are in an age where you have also the small hope, that they will further develop, maybe into good NHL-regulars. Together with the economical-aspect this is the ideal profil of a so called "cheap tryout-player". I guess Steiner is too old that somebody might sign him. I would be more than happy for him if he gets another chance because he would deserve it in a way because he did choose such an unorthodox, brave way.

By the way, I like your passionate and enthusiastic approach to Swiss hockey. Passion is the absolute basic to world-class, whatever it might be. In your case it's the basic of becoming a world-class commentator of Swiss hockey-development. As a talent-scout I'm desperately looking for this asset not only in hockey-players, in my case also in candidates who apply for jobs in the company I work for. A passionate piano-player will be a better piano-player than someone who just likes to play piano, the same with accountants, chess-players, dancers or whatever, you name it. After finding this asset it's my teaching-lesson to these passionate talents that they have to stay modest, self-critical and realistic. What does the best hockeyplayer in the world, Sidney Crosby, who did win already the Stanley-Cup, the Olympics and the most important individual awards, what does he do in summer? He is analysing and improving his game in a very self-critical detailed manner. If you are enthusiastic you face the danger of being too positive and this is poison for furthter improvement. Success leads to handicapped learning because you might think that whatever you did in the past was good, it did lead to success. And this is wrong. Even if you had success you might find out with an intelligent approach that you made mistakes and you will eliminate them. The same in the opposite. It's also stupid to believe that you did everything wrong if you did fail with success.

That's why I do comment with a touch of warning-finger if in my eyes basic comments to Swiss-hockey-improvement are too positive. I guarantee you that it would be exactly me who would defend Swiss hockey-improvement if e.g. our team would be relegated to the B-Pool for some reason and all the media would bash everything our hockey did do. E.g. in my eyes the comments after the loss to Germany in the World Championship Quarterfinal was too negative. If you analyse the game in detail you will find out that Switzerland was better, the logical winner was Switzerland, they were better. Basically I try to fight against the "fanatic" result-believers. I want to fight the people who just watch the final result of a game or of a tournament and then start to tell you why this result happened. As an expert in parts of the game (scouting) I think I dare to finger-point to this and of course I do this in my country with our hockey, I want to give a tiny small puzzle-piece to improve our hockey with my approach who will be always critical with black/white-thinkers and black/white analysts. Don't get me wrong, in today's world we are able to follow all medias all over the world and I definitely can assure you that this tendency of overrating the own scene - whether it's hockey, soccer or whatever - is in all countries the same, this is not just a Swiss phenom. So I don't tell we do this worse than in other countries but I live here, I love our country - although I'm critical with a lot of things in our country - and that's why I comment first of all about us.

Thomas Roost

Old
07-04-2010, 04:55 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Juraj Simek is likely to play in Riga (KHL)

Daniel Steiner ... i wouldn't be surprised to see him in a AHL maybe NHL 2 way contract. I give the following probabilities :
NHL 2 way 30%
AHL simple 30%
Other league EX LNA & EX NA 35%
LNA 2%
Others 3%

i put here a link where they talk about Steiner .... in line with what i saw when watching the Amerks games.
http://www.letsgoamerks.com/2010/04/...o-next-season/
It´s a bit weird, but Juraj is currently preparing for the new season over here in Slovakia and our major sports daily had an interview last week with him and he only talked about preparing for the Bolts training camp and Riga was never even mentioned.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 10:46 AM
The Angry Teatowel
@AngryTeatowel

Great to see a couple of EVZ players drafted by junior teams but also sad as I won't get to see them play for Zug I may try and check out some junior games next season

Really interesting to read your thoughts, Pokechecker. I look forward to reading more.

The Angry Teatowel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 04:07 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
It´s a bit weird, but Juraj is currently preparing for the new season over here in Slovakia and our major sports daily had an interview last week with him and he only talked about preparing for the Bolts training camp and Riga was never even mentioned.
Interesting ... in fact i knew that he received an offer from the bolts ... But our medias were mentionning the Riga option as the one chosen by Simek. Great news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokechecker View Post
By the way, I like your passionate and enthusiastic approach to Swiss hockey. Passion is the absolute basic to world-class, whatever it might be. In your case it's the basic of becoming a world-class commentator of Swiss hockey-development. As a talent-scout I'm desperately looking for this asset not only in hockey-players, in my case also in candidates who apply for jobs in the company I work for. A passionate piano-player will be a better piano-player than someone who just likes to play piano, the same with accountants, chess-players, dancers or whatever, you name it. After finding this asset it's my teaching-lesson to these passionate talents that they have to stay modest, self-critical and realistic. What does the best hockeyplayer in the world, Sidney Crosby, who did win already the Stanley-Cup, the Olympics and the most important individual awards, what does he do in summer? He is analysing and improving his game in a very self-critical detailed manner. If you are enthusiastic you face the danger of being too positive and this is poison for furthter improvement. Success leads to handicapped learning because you might think that whatever you did in the past was good, it did lead to success. And this is wrong. Even if you had success you might find out with an intelligent approach that you made mistakes and you will eliminate them. The same in the opposite. It's also stupid to believe that you did everything wrong if you did fail with success.

That's why I do comment with a touch of warning-finger if in my eyes basic comments to Swiss-hockey-improvement are too positive. I guarantee you that it would be exactly me who would defend Swiss hockey-improvement if e.g. our team would be relegated to the B-Pool for some reason and all the media would bash everything our hockey did do. E.g. in my eyes the comments after the loss to Germany in the World Championship Quarterfinal was too negative. If you analyse the game in detail you will find out that Switzerland was better, the logical winner was Switzerland, they were better. Basically I try to fight against the "fanatic" result-believers. I want to fight the people who just watch the final result of a game or of a tournament and then start to tell you why this result happened. As an expert in parts of the game (scouting) I think I dare to finger-point to this and of course I do this in my country with our hockey, I want to give a tiny small puzzle-piece to improve our hockey with my approach who will be always critical with black/white-thinkers and black/white analysts. Don't get me wrong, in today's world we are able to follow all medias all over the world and I definitely can assure you that this tendency of overrating the own scene - whether it's hockey, soccer or whatever - is in all countries the same, this is not just a Swiss phenom. So I don't tell we do this worse than in other countries but I live here, I love our country - although I'm critical with a lot of things in our country - and that's why I comment first of all about us.

Thomas Roost
Tks for your comments. I agree that passion and positivisme are necessary to fuel tank of energy and convince and realize things and on the same time we need realisme to learn and improve and be appropriately and realistically opportunistic. Having practiced martial arts almost all my life has been a great tool in forging this moral qualities. You have to be positive and train with full energy, then when you have a strategic moment (competition), you must be realistic and opportunistic. (idealists are dead )

In fact i am half Swiss German, half Mexican ... therefore i can handle passion and realisme ... then i work in finance where you better be realistic ... no matter how much you love a company or an investment theme

We all understood that you are a builder and are realistic. Your comments are highly appreciated by me, and many others, including MikeyBroomers.

Tks for them.

Old
07-05-2010, 09:17 AM
TheNextOneX

By typing a long and boring speech, pokechecker is showing how ignorant NHL scouts are about the state of hockey in Switzerland.

TheNextOneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 10:40 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextOneX View Post
By typing a long and boring speech, pokechecker is showing how ignorant NHL scouts are about the state of hockey in Switzerland.
Who knows if he's actually an NHL scout. Why would any team or the league allow him to post on a board like this? You think it would be a breach of contract or something.

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Pokechecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Who knows if he's actually an NHL scout. Why would any team or the league allow him to post on a board like this? You think it would be a breach of contract or something.
This quote is from the times we enjoyed the Web 1.0. Right now we life in a time when the Web 2.0 is reality. In the Web 1.0 you did go to the internet for finding information about something. In the Web 2.0 you still try to find information but - in addition - you also give information. This will change in parts the world of jobs. New job-profiles will appear and big companies already have full-time-jobs for e.g. social-media-observers and commentators. They watch what is written in facebook, twitter, forums and other platforms about the company and write by themselves in order of their employer. The internet is a free world, it's pure anarchy, everybody can tell with a pseudonym whatever he wants about a company, a person, a product, a service or about a hockey-team. You can complain with this but you never can ignore that this is reality today. So you better arrange with it and put your personal-info into these platforms, you also have the chance to correct some statements, to advertise your views, your opinions and in the end the reader decides what to believe.

So, in my case some posters started to badmouth a tv-interview of mine, fair enough. But fair enough also that I'm allowed to present my view, my arguments, my thinking and this is exactly what I do. I'm my personal own company and stand for it with my name and I'm allowed to try to put my name in a positive view. Everybody else is allowed to criticise my statement and I'm allowed to put my view to it. Of course I'm not allowed to go into details when future draftees are discussed, my detailed opinion about these players belong the the NHL Central Scouting and you never will find such statements from me. General comments yes, details about a player-profile no. It's in the interest of Central Scouting also if I try to explain our work and our views in a detailed, complex manner, it's one of my targets to help a tiny little bit for a positive reputation of Central Scouting. If I do bad then it would be bad for the reputation of Central Scouting, if I do good my bosses at Central Scouting will be very pleased with it. Fortunately my Central-Scouting-bosses will tell me this and not anonymous posters. In addition I want to be open and frank with my statements, that's why I put my full name to it. It's easy to critize behind a anonymus pseudonym, it would be more brave to discuss face to face...means name to name. Yes, it's not just brave, open and frank, this strategy, I also try to push my name a little bit, especially if others try to do the opposite. What's wrong with this?

Yes, it's again long - that's my style. I like to be precise with my statements and I don't expect that everybody likes them. If you don't or if you feel bored there is a good strategy against it... just don't read them anymore... ;-).

Thomas Roost

Last edited by Buffaloed: 07-06-2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: identity verfied
Old
07-05-2010, 06:48 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
He is. He appeared on Sportlounge/DRS with Sean Simpson.

At the time, i started a thread about this very interesting Sportlounge in which he had the bad role. He started posting by defending his points of view.

As a professional, he is detailed ... it is not a daily newspaper but an opinion of a specialised person (more detailed and less flashy !). He gave some advices on what the features were for a young talent and how to nurture it on another thread. It was very interesting and highly appreciated by the persons involved in this thread who seemed to know him and grant him the respect of a knowledgable professional.

Many professionals are on this board ... under cover ! Yet they know each other.

Are they in breach of contract ? as long as they do not betray their clients ... i do not think so. Anonimity is optional, not compulsory.

Old
07-06-2010, 03:21 AM
swissexpert

he deleted all his messages?!

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 06:02 AM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
he deleted all his messages?!
moderators deleted them !

I guess we went off topics !

On the axis of anonimity/non anonimity you have advertisement further down ... so very possibly the thread was deemed being in this territory