HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dreams of how today could've gone differently...post your roster

Old
07-02-2010, 06:34 AM
decadentia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Malhotra isnt worth 2.5 million

Sign Turco, Belanger, Powe, O'Donnell, SIgn COburn for more than 2 years

Gagne-Richards-Leino
Hartnell-Carter-Briere
JVR-Belanger-Giroux
Powe-Betts-Lappy

Pronger-Carle
Timo-Coburn
Bartulis-O'Donnell

Turco
Boucher
At least Malhotra serves a purpose and fills a need. Can't say the same for everything else that has been done.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 06:41 AM
philly_28
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
GM: Lou Lamoriello

philly_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 08:16 AM
PhillyCurt12

we needed help in goal, help on the 3rd pairing d, and possibly a RW and/or 3C. My dream roster would have addressed more of those issues than not.

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 08:31 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Trade Coburn, Marshall, and Boucher for Schneider, Grabner, Shane O'Brien, and 2011 3rd rounder (Vancouver fans were down with that).

Sign Dan Ellis for $2 million.

Sign Anton Volchenkov for $4.5 million.

Re-sign Dan Carcillo for $1 million.

Re-sign Darroll Powe for $800K.

Gagne-Richards-Carter
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
JVR-Giroux-Grabner
Carcillo-Betts-Laperriere
Powe

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Volchenkov
SOB-Bartulis

Ellis
Schneider

With $850K or so left for a 7th defenseman or callups.
My favorite.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 08:59 AM
SilkyMitts

So you dream of breaking up Hartnell-Briere-Leino ?
Sounds like a nightmare.

SilkyMitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 11:29 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
It's our team. Love them, cheer them, support them.
This is EXACTLY why we ARE *****ing. After yelling on the phone for a half hour on my commute home at my girlfriend over this mess it was clear that she didn't understand my frustration, which I already knew - I just needed to vent to someone, I tried to explain the situation to her like this...

Last week I bought her a Boston Terrier puppy which she really loves, she plays with it for hours every day and would be crushed if anything happened to her. This is the Flyers for me, I commit almost as much effort to following the Flyers as I do my school work (and I am an engineer so that is saying ALOT). I watch at least 70 regular season games a year, NEVER miss a playoff game and even talk about them while I'm at work on this board. So I asked her how hard it would be if she had to watch someone come and do terrible things to the puppy and eventually take her away all before her eyes while she was powerless to stop it... that was yesterday for me, with the puppy being our cup chances during our window of opportunity.

My heart and soul is completely connected to this team, when they triumph I triumph, when they despair I despair. Game 7 against Boston had me in tears at the end, the Bullies documentary (even though I am only 22) gave me chills and every time I hear Kate Smith I get goosebumps.

Having said this, there is NOTHING harder than watching what I watched transpire today. When we lost to Chicago, or Pitt the last 2 years, even the 06-07 debacle and all of the other dissapointing endings of my 22 years following this team there was ALWAYS one hope... that the following years will be better.

Holmgren didn't upgrade for next year and in some areas downgraded; however, if Leighton plays half decent then we will still be a competitive team... the true pain will come next season as Holmgren COMPLETELY AND IRREVOCABLY *** ****ED THE CAP FOR THE LENGTH OF MESZAROS AND SHELLEY'S CONTRACTS AND WE WILL LOSE GANGE/GIROUX/CARTER + LEINO + NOT EVER BE ABLE TO GET A LEGIT GOALIE NEXT YEAR.... just let that ****ing sink in.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 11:38 AM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
This is EXACTLY why we ARE *****ing. After yelling on the phone for a half hour on my commute home at my girlfriend over this mess it was clear that she didn't understand my frustration, which I already knew - I just needed to vent to someone, I tried to explain the situation to her like this...

Last week I bought her a Boston Terrier puppy which she really loves, she plays with it for hours every day and would be crushed if anything happened to her. This is the Flyers for me, I commit almost as much effort to following the Flyers as I do my school work (and I am an engineer so that is saying ALOT). I watch at least 70 regular season games a year, NEVER miss a playoff game and even talk about them while I'm at work on this board. So I asked her how hard it would be if she had to watch someone come and do terrible things to the puppy and eventually take her away all before her eyes while she was powerless to stop it... that was yesterday for me, with the puppy being our cup chances during our window of opportunity.

My heart and soul is completely connected to this team, when they triumph I triumph, when they despair I despair. Game 7 against Boston had me in tears at the end, the Bullies documentary (even though I am only 22) gave me chills and every time I hear Kate Smith I get goosebumps.

Having said this, there is NOTHING harder than watching what I watched transpire today. When we lost to Chicago, or Pitt the last 2 years, even the 06-07 debacle and all of the other dissapointing endings of my 22 years following this team there was ALWAYS one hope... that the following years will be better.

Holmgren didn't upgrade for next year and in some areas downgraded; however, if Leighton plays half decent then we will still be a competitive team... the true pain will come next season as Holmgren COMPLETELY AND IRREVOCABLY *** ****ED THE CAP FOR THE LENGTH OF MESZAROS AND SHELLEY'S CONTRACTS AND WE WILL LOSE GANGE/GIROUX/CARTER + LEINO + NOT EVER BE ABLE TO GET A LEGIT GOALIE NEXT YEAR.... just let that ****ing sink in.
Dude, just a piece of advice, I wouldnt yell at your girlfriend about hockey. It is entertainment in the end, and she's your woman. Just simmer down a notch lol.
I understand by your post that you're passionate about it, but...you just compared something horrible happening to a living being to a bad trade in hockey.

Last edited by decadentia: 07-02-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old
07-02-2010, 11:59 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Dude, just a piece of advice, I wouldnt yell at your girlfriend about hockey. It is entertainment in the end, and she's your woman. Just simmer down a notch lol.
I understand by your post that you're passionate about it, but...you just compared something horrible happening to a living being to a bad trade in hockey.
I like when guys argue with their women. They soon thereafter go out to the bar angry and have sex with me.

EDIT: The above wording is too comical to change.

Last edited by JSTAFF: 07-02-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old
07-02-2010, 12:04 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
I like when guys argue with their women. They soon thereafter go out to the bar angry and have sex with me.
You have sex with guys?

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post

You may want to find a better way to word that JStaff

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 12:07 PM
JSTAFF

hahahahahaahahahahahahha, i think i'll leave it

Old
07-02-2010, 12:17 PM
i am dave

As I think more and more about yesterday, I'm most upset that we jumped the gun and traded a 2nd for Meszaros while Pittsburgh sign Michalek for the same cap hit, and Martin for just a million more.

If PH had made an attempt at signing either of those guys, and then even settled for the Meszaros trade, I'd actually feet a ton better. But it didn't happen.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Dr. Octagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Trade Coburn, Marshall, and Boucher for Schneider, Grabner, Shane O'Brien, and 2011 3rd rounder (Vancouver fans were down with that).

Sign Dan Ellis for $2 million.

Sign Anton Volchenkov for $4.5 million.

Re-sign Dan Carcillo for $1 million.

Re-sign Darroll Powe for $800K.

Gagne-Richards-Carter
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
JVR-Giroux-Grabner
Carcillo-Betts-Laperriere
Powe

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Volchenkov
SOB-Bartulis

Ellis
Schneider

With $850K or so left for a 7th defenseman or callups.
Grabner is a Panther...other than that I dig it

Dr. Octagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Garbage Goal

-Re-sign Coburn at what he signed for.
-Let Asham walk and re-sign Powe and Carcillo for less then 1.8 mil.
Sign either Chris Mason or Marty Turco.
-Get rid of both Leighton and Boosh and sign either Ellis or Biron as our backup (yes, this one's more fantasy-ish then the others).
-Sign either a cheap vet d-man or, if the cap works out (which I'm pretty sure it does), sign Volchenkov or Michalek.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
I think a savvy GM would have tried to get a 7th RD pick for Asham once it was decided to let him walk.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 01:29 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
I think a savvy GM would have tried to get a 7th RD pick for Asham once it was decided to let him walk.
Therein lies the problem

Old
07-02-2010, 02:11 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 930
Gagne(5.25)-Richards(5.75)-Briere (6.5)
Hartnell(4.2)-Carter(5.0)-Leino(800k)
Lombardi (2.5)-Giroux(821k)-JvR (1.65)
Powe(700k)-Betts(700k)-Laperriere(1.16)
Carcillo(900k)

Timonen(6.33)-Coburn(3.2)
Pronger(4.92)-Volchenkov (4.25)
O'Donnell (1M)-Bartulis(600k)

Dan Ellis (1.5)
Leighton (1.55)

-Carle traded for picks/prospects (salary dump to reload picks)
-Lombardi brought in to play on the 2nd/3rd lines with his speed and playmaking, also to PK
-Volchenkov...what more do I need to say?
-Ellis brought in to split time with Leighton

roughly 57 million cap hit.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote