HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brent Burns to New Jersey...

Old
07-02-2010, 03:42 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Brent Burns to New Jersey...

I don't think it's a secret anymore that Brent Burns might be on the block (according to several sources). He'd be the perfect kind of player to compliment our defensive defensemens.

With the addition of Cullen yesterday, the center position isn't a concern anymore(Koivu, Bouchard, Cullen and Sheppard) so they might want a package based around youth. Would something like this be of interest. ?

Rolston/Salvador, Tedenby, Corrente and next years 1st Vs Burns

Flame on people

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 03:53 PM
ConnNJ30

Don't think they would take Rolston back, but Salvador I think is definatly going to be moved any way for cap space. Really don't want to give up another first rounder though.

ConnNJ30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 11:04 PM
MK9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I don't think it's a secret anymore that Brent Burns might be on the block (according to several sources). He'd be the perfect kind of player to compliment our defensive defensemens.

With the addition of Cullen yesterday, the center position isn't a concern anymore(Koivu, Bouchard, Cullen and Sheppard) so they might want a package based around youth. Would something like this be of interest. ?

Flame on people
Here's some info:

"Fletcher made clear again today that his first choice is not to trade Burns. In other words, it's not like he's dialing up other GM's saying, "Want Brent Burns?" But I do know from talking to some execs around the league that Burns could be in play in the right deal. And quite frankly, the fact that Fletcher's willing to at least engage it in my article in today's paper means there's a possibility.

Nobody is untouchable, and as I've written many times, Burns might be the only way to get a top-six forward in here. Fletcher knows this.

But the Wild's not going to trade Burns just for the sake of trading Burns or just to show fans they're being active. It would have to be a significant deal, and if there's none out there, he's going nowhere. Fletcher has made it very clear that the Wild has to slowly, methodically build this franchise or it will be spinning its wheels forever. So as he said again today, maybe that big impact acquisition happens 12 months from now. He refuses to force it because that's when you make mistakes."

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Not terrible and I think they at least consider it but I think they'd want someone more proven then Corrente or Tedenby.

I wouldn't do that trade. Burns is injured too much and Corrente and Tedenboo are going to be really good.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Shaun_W_W

Quote:

Flame on people
They are closer to the cap than you guys are

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 11:14 PM
ClaudeLemieux22

Yeah I'm not sure Lou wants to go into next year with no 1st or 2nd even if Burns would be the solution to the missing PMD we need.

ClaudeLemieux22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 11:19 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Top 6 forward please.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 11:37 PM
nickschultzfan

This dialog has been repeated dozens of times on these boards:

Non-Wild Fan: I heard Burns is available. Would love to get him on ___. What would it take?

Wild Fan: He's not on the block really. But if he is moved, it won't be for anything less than a young 1st line winger or a top-6 center.

Non-Wild Fan: How about a [salary dump] + young Dman + middling forward + pick

Wild Fan: Ah no. 1st line winger or top-6 center.

Non-Wild Fan: How about [weaker NHL Dman] + [forward not in NHL yet]?

Wild Fan: ? Burns won't be moved for anything BUT a young 1st line winger or top-6 center.

Non-Wild Fan: How about [mid-30s vet with 1-year on his contract] straight up?

Wild Fan: What part of young 1st line winger or top-6 center don't you get?

Non-Wild Fan: You are asking for too much. Burns isn't going to get that. Have fun trying to trade him.

Wild Fan: We aren't!

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 11:43 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post

Non-Wild Fan: I heard Burns is available. Would love to get him on ___. What would it take?

Wild Fan: He's not on the block really. But if he is moved, it won't be for anything less than a young 1st line winger or a top-6 center.

Wild Fan: ? Burns won't be moved for anything BUT a young 1st line winger or top-6 center.

Non-Wild Fan: You are asking for too much. Burns isn't going to get that. Have fun trying to trade him.

I'm waiting til Burns makes the all star team, and we make a run into the playoffs, then people will see how good this kid is and we'll actually get SERIOUS offers. I'm sick of all these awful Burns proposals. Haven't seen one good one. Ever.

Old
07-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:

Nice one.

I'll try Seto + 2nd.

Huskins, Mitchell or Murray are in play, too.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 11:57 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:

LOL.

What's funny is that our board thinks I overpayd in my proposal. The Wild would be adding a aging veteran in Rolston but showed some solid chemistry with PMB in the past, a bluechip prospect in Tedenby and a potential top 4 in Corrente who's NHL ready but would see bottom pairing minutes as of right now and a 1st round pick.

That's a terrible deal for a team that isn't a "Brent Burns" away from going to the Western conference finals. You would add depth at both positions with two solid prospects, a guy that can step in right away and a decent pick.

Before everyone jumps on the "Devils don't have any good prospects" marathon, our kids were good enough to land us IK at the deadline and Arnott a couple of weeks back.... just saying

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 12:08 AM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
LOL.

What's funny is that our board thinks I overpayd in my proposal. The Wild would be adding a aging veteran in Rolston but showed some solid chemistry with PMB in the past, a bluechip prospect in Tedenby and a potential top 4 in Corrente who's NHL ready but would see bottom pairing minutes as of right now and a 1st round pick.

That's a terrible deal for a team that isn't a "Brent Burns" away from going to the Western conference finals. You would add depth at both positions with two solid prospects, a guy that can step in right away and a decent pick.

Before everyone jumps on the "Devils don't have any good prospects" marathon, our kids were good enough to land us IK at the deadline and Arnott a couple of weeks back.... just saying
You're missing the point. Our defense is our deepest area so finding someone to come in and take Burns' position wouldn't be too overwhelming. It's our offense that we need help at NOW, not in a few years IF the prospects pan out. That's why we'd only trade him for a YOUNG top six forward.

Old
07-03-2010, 12:09 AM
airforceones25

Joffrey Lupul + Kyle Palmieri + 2nd

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Dr Grant

Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
It is an overpayment from our side. We're pretty much giving them 3 first rounders...

Dr Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 01:17 AM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Basically a quality vs. quantity deal. The only piece IMO that would interest the Wild is Tedenby (and it should, he's going to be amazing Devil fans). Salvador/Rolston are non-starters here, they are both overpaid for how they play. And Corrente is nice, but the Wild have too many of his type as it is. And the first round pick will likely be mid 20s again as the Devils don't look to suck anytime soon. The Wild probably think about it as Tedenby is a fantastic prospect, but they say no as Burn is their best defenseman and do not NEED to trade him when his value is so low.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 01:26 AM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█████★█████╲

vCash: 0
Zajac for Burns

N O T O R I O U S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 01:30 AM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by karzanPalani View Post
Zajac for Burns
Now why would NJ do that? Their first line center would be a 36 year old Jason Arnott. Zajac is too much of an asset to give up, seeing his chemistry with Parise and his two-way potential.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 05:52 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Kostitsyn + O'Byrne + 3rd.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 10:56 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
LOL.

You can't disregard a teams timeline. Right now, the Wild are building for 2-3 season out. Burns will be in his prime then.

Those "overpayment" assets won't. If the Wild were in a full rebuild, that would be a different story.

Old
07-03-2010, 11:07 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Nice one.

I'll try Seto + 2nd.

Huskins, Mitchell or Murray are in play, too.
With signing Cullen, the Wild might be more interested in Seto than before, but Burns is worth more than Seto.

Burns + Miettinen + Sheppard for Seto + Couture + Huskins maybe something. Fletcher likes the team now though, and everybody is excited to see what a fully healthy Burns can do under Richard's system.

Old
07-03-2010, 11:08 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karzanPalani View Post
Zajac for Burns
Yeah, Zajac would have to come the other way for the Wild to listen.

Old
07-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Adam Larsson

Tedenby is not going anywhere.

Adam Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 11:27 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:

spot on.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 12:45 PM
saywut

Quote:
LOL.

The problem isn't with value, its what we need. Our prospect group has improved since GMCF took over. If we move Burns, we need an offensive d-man, which Corrente isn't, and considering our D prospects(Scandella and Prosser are near NHL-ready, while Cuma was our top-prospect before his knee injury in 2008 and is just turning pro), Corrente isn't needed by the organization period. Rolston/Salvador is a pure cap dump to us as Rolston would be on our 3rd line and Salvador would be a 3rd pairing d-man, and we're already cap-strapped so taking back a contract like that kills us. Tedenby is a great prospect, but we have Havlat and Bouchard and just drafted Granlund. Do we really need another undersized playmaking winger?

There isn't a trade NJ could make for Burns that works both ways, as your thinnest position long-term(center) is our need as well. Zajac straight up or Josefson + would have to be the deal, and obviously NJ isn't interested in doing that.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 01:02 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Jamie Langenbrunner + Adam Henrique?

I know fellow Devil fans will crucify me for offering up Henrique given our weakness at center but I would move him for Burns in a heartbeat.

AfroThunder396 is online now   Reply With Quote