HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Camp: Day Two

Old
07-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

vCash: 500
Prospect Camp: Day Two

Did anyone go??? Since Kovy is not happening tonight we need sometghing else to discuss...

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
No one else went to that ****, not even Hammond.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 08:43 PM
riznat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Did anyone go??? Since Kovy is not happening tonight we need sometghing else to discuss...
Your avatar kicks so much ass.

I would like to know how Toffoli looks but since he didnt play yesterday I assume he skipped on today as well.

riznat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 08:54 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I was there (leaving LA Sat so had to hang out at the TC today) and I will write a report on what I watched if anyone wants.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 08:57 PM
riznat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I was there (leaving LA Sat so had to hang out at the TC today) and I will write a report on what I watched if anyone wants.
yes please, would appreciate that.

Old
07-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Please do!

Old
07-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
Your avatar kicks so much ass.

My doppleganger.

Old
07-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
My doppleganger.
Orale.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 09:02 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

ok

Take a few minutes

Old
07-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Orale.
Por vida homes.

Old
07-01-2010, 09:18 PM
losingsand

was there!

The game was fantastic, a lot more open than it was yesterday.
I have to go real quick but i'll be back for my proper evaluations:

--Czarnik and Holloway have some real chemistry and both were a force again today
--Nic Dowd and Crescenzi were very noticeable
--Bonar was on the rise today :/
--Weal forces turnovers like nobody's business
--Deslaurier had a few assists, one a nice shotpass for a deflection.. he also broke up a 2 on 1 with a diving effort. Dude is SOLID.
--Clifford was the only one really finishing checks
--Toffoli played in this game and got a goal and has good offensive knack

I'll have more later when i have my notes in front of me.
today's game was very entertaining.. .equally entertaining was everyone glued to their cell phones refreshing/checking in during every whistle.

losingsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 09:26 PM
riznat

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingsand View Post
was there!

--Czarnik and Holloway have some real chemistry and both were a force again today
--Deslaurier had a few assists, one a nice shotpass for a deflection.. he also broke up a 2 on 1 with a diving effort. Dude is SOLID.

today's game was very entertaining.. .equally entertaining was everyone glued to their cell phones refreshing/checking in during every whistle.
Hey now, this is a family friendly board. Please keep the posts clean.

Old
07-01-2010, 09:28 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

ok, all I have are some notes and a few things that I thought about some of the players I have watched over the past couple of days. Sorry I can't give anyone a real scrimmage styled report but here goes.

First up is Lewis.

He played better than expected and I already liked him. He is a beat his way towards the net and then cause trouble kind of guy who skates really well. I liked the way his game looked polished and he can flat out skate. I would expect to see him on the Kings this year or we should deal him to a team who can use him. NHL ready in my opinion.

Next up is Weal

He isn't tiny and in fact reminded me a bit of Moller but with much better skills. He scored yesterday and looked like he could do so at will. He has nice wheels and is a smooth skater. I like his game and in two years if he continues to play like this I could see him being a big deal for our second line.

Moller

He is NHL ready and looks hungry. He is skating so much better than ever before and he looks like he is sort of pissed. I get the feeling that he is going to give everything he possibly can to make the team and that is allot.

He made a pass that reminded me of 99 and his shot is a rocket right now.

OK, I am not a big Deslauriers fan but he has been so good that I am going to have to rethink my position on him. He can skate, pass and shoot and is in the right place more often than not. He had a wicked pass/shot for a goal yesterday and made a seriously amazing move ala dd today.

He looks good and in a year should be an NHL ready stud. Not just because he is playing against other prospects, at times he looks like he could be the best player out there.

Czarnik is a really great gritty 3rd liner and looks like he could be a Claude Lemieux type of player in a year or two. He can skate and has nice hands. My knock on him as that he seems to play only as good as whoever he is paired with and like he doesn't have any consistency yet.

Bud Holloway had a nice scrimmage yesterday and looks like he has found his NHL game. I saw him play this past year and felt like he was going to be good in a year or two but after the past two days I could see him getting a cup of coffee with the team this year.

I had a chance to watch Toff work out a little bit, he looks good (that is who i was told I was watching anyways).

I also got to go back into where the team's giant whirlpool area is and see a few of their training machines/weight area's and met a few of the kids. I have two pages of notes to go through and will do more tomorrow.

I am use to other people reporting on these things and so I didn't really take good notes, more of tidbits about things that I am interested in so I will go through my stuff tonight and write more for tomorrow and then will write what I can before I leave for home Fri afternoon.

If you can think of any questions it might be quicker to post them and I can answer them than it is for me to try and translate my notes and then post them for mass consumption.

Just a thought.

Old
07-01-2010, 10:36 PM
ru4reals

Quote:
was there!

Was there too and agree with everything you said. Definitely a good game. Team White was up 4 to 1 and was dominating the black team. Then team black came back and tied up the score with like 7or so seconds left if I remember correctly. Forgot who scored the tying goal but I believe he was falling or was on his knees or something. We have a very solid group of young and talented players for sure. Schenn, Kozun, and Teubert were injured so didn't get to see them, but is always good to see our young guys play. I particularly love clifford. I really hope he pans out, I just love his game.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 10:39 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
was there!

This kid is looking a like a real diamond in the rough. He might just be a great puck mover for the Kings in the not too distant future.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Fat Elvis

How has Forbort looked? Does he have some skill or does he seem a bit out matched?

Also, who looks like they don't belong with the rest of the group (good and bad)?

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 11:52 PM
losingsand

Ok grabbed my notes from the car:

THE SCRIMMAGE
-Lewis got the first goal for the visitors on the rush. Assist to ELKINS?
(0-1) visitors

-Czarnik on a break couldn't get passed Bonar.

-Moller ties it in tight on the backhand
(1-1)

-Deslaurier breaks up a play beautifully robbing Harnden's pass diving back towards his goalie

-Toffolli one timers one home on the rush.. the assist was really nice but it was tough today to see who was getting these points for some reason.
(2-1) Home

-Nolan robbed on a breakaway

-Czarnik?? scores a scrum goal. Weird goal, a few of us had no idea itcounted til they put it up on the scoreboard
(3-1) Home

-Holloway breakaway stopped

-Deslaurier gets the pass at the point and shotpasses off to the side of the net where kaunisto deflects it home. Everybody in the stands saw that goal coming a mile away, it was nice for them to actually convert on it and not pull a USA soccer. :/
(4-1) Home

-Weal scores from Campbell(or it could be the other away around, my notes are a bit confusing.. my memory is shot from this entire game because my brain was on JULY1 FA)
(4-2) home

-Azevedo scores on Jones w/ 58 seconds left in the game
(4-3) home

-Cresenzi scores the game tying goal with 8 seconds left. the pass came from goal line near the boards and cresenzi dove got a stick on it and tied it up.. very pretty goal.
(4-4) Final
---visitors with a miraculous comeback

--CZARNIK & HOLLOWAY: Had another nice productive game. Like i said in the quick version notes, these guys were exhibiting great chemistry with one another. They both did a much better job today along the boards and fighting to get pucks free. The compete level really showed w/ these 2 as they were battling all game long. I wouldn't be surprised if both ended up in the NHL someday. Czarnik has a little more flash offensively in terms of skill/ability while Holloway has the smarts to go along w/ his skillset.

--KITSYN: Had a much better game today i thought. His skating is unpredictable/awkward/weird BUT weirdly effective. It's not smooth, but it works for him and created a couple of great chances on his own.

--CAMPBELL: Still looks the same physically as he did when he was drafted and honestly it doesn't look like he's improved that much. He's a little more patient now bit but still not enough for me to really notice why the organization loves him. (organization also LLLLOVVVED Martinez which i also didn't quite fully understand).

--FORBORT: Paired with Deslaurier for most of the game and seems OK i suppose. He didn't stand out in anyway to me... it is fun saying his name when he touches the puck... i suggest trying it, "forbort"

--DOWD: In 2 camps, today was the first time i really noticed him. He had a solid drills session displaying some skill and it carried over into the game. Just very noticeable and impactful... which also goes for the invitee ANDREW CRESENZI, he's the one that scored the tying goal with 7 seconds left and it was no easy goal.

--MUZZIN: So this is the guy that averaged a point a game in the OHL as a defenseman... coulda fooled me, a couple of bonehead plays around his net and really nothing special offensively that i saw in these last 2 games. But then again this is the only the 3rd game i've seen him. I saw game 2 vs. hershey and muzzin was by far the worst player in that game as well. I could be his bad luck charm because i just keep hearing good things about him but I have yet to see it.

--HICKEY: I want to say "wow he really shined back there", i want to say "man, future captain of the kings"... but he played an average game. Almost got burned when he jumped up but luckily the player that forced the turnover fumbled it in the neutral zone. Passes were nice and crisp off his stick and was hoping he would grow a bit, but i think he's plateaud in that department, he came into camp last year looking bigger...however not the case this year

--CLIFFORD: He's still tough, and he's still solid AAAAND he's showing a bit more skill and speed coming into camp. He really could make a bid for the team this year.

--MOLLER: Someone said "hungry" in an earlier post and i have to agree. As a small guy he's not afraid to go and sniff around pucks around the crease... not yr prototypical perimeter skill guy by any means.

--LEWIS: Much better effort today. his first goal was very nice and he was skating very well

--MULLEN & ELKINS: meh performance

--DESLAURIER: very noticeable again, and has a bit of a WOW factor with some of the things he does. I know all i'm doing right now is overrating him but i can't help it.. He's just a damn good hockey player and I think he really could be a valuable piece to this organization. We haven't seen any bruising checks yet but i know he has it in him, In last year's (more physical) camp he picked his spot and had one bone crushing check a game. The only player hitting in THESE scrimmages has been Clifford. Don't box Delasaurus into just the puck-moving category... he's got a solid 2 way game to boot.

--ok that is all for now.. see you tomorrow it was nice meeting a lot of you today.

Last edited by losingsand: 07-01-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old
07-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Anybody got Weal updates? Thanks for the info!

Old
07-02-2010, 12:20 AM
losingsand

WEAL can't believe i forgot. Wasn't as flashy as he was day one but was still solid and all over the place... today i noticed how tenacious he is defending. he forced 2 turnovers on his own and he's got great vision at top speed.

Kid is for weal. :/

Old
07-02-2010, 01:43 PM
triplcrown

Quote:
was there!

Good to see Bonar standing erect.

triplcrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

I LOVE those gold jerseys

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
I LOVE those gold jerseys

That yellow almost makes it look like the jerseys for the Brandon Wheat Kings.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 09:26 PM
HookKing

Quote:
WEAL can't believe i forgot. Wasn't as flashy as he was day one but was still solid and all over the place... today i noticed how tenacious he is defending. he forced 2 turnovers on his own and he's got great vision at top speed.

Kid is for weal. :/
Weally?

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Anyone look like they could score 40 goals next year for the Kings?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote