HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A. Kostitsyn on the move

Old
07-02-2010, 10:08 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
I assume the idea of getting with of Andrei is to get someone more physical and talented. Someone who 'suits' the top 6 better. Which is fair, but frolov is less physical. So what? we'll get frolov and ppl will ***** he doesn't hit? Then, we keep andrei and he dosn't score as juch as frolov. Kind of stupid.

Honestly, name me players more talented than AK, who hit more(and have decent size to go with it) and have a better contract.

Then ask yourself, why would the team get rid of them? Answer is, they won't.

After that, if the answer is they are available, then why would anyone seek AK if a cheaper, and better option is available elsewhere?

AK can be our best player at times. It's up to the coaching staff to make him consistent. I don't care if andrei scores 20-25 goals his whole career(as opposed to his potential of 30+), as long as they tap into his mind and learn to make him play the body and be a good force out there consistently. AK can do that.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 10:08 PM
yianik

vCash: 500
I'd rather try to package Kostitsyn up with draft pick(s), even our 1st in 2011, prospect or two ie Max Pac ( not because I've written him off by any means as he's so young ) in exchange for a young, budding power forward who we were projecting would play tough and get us 25-30 goals in a couple of seasons.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
From David Pagnotta's Twitter, at 00:06 :

I usually don't post rumors, but David Pagnotta has been one of the most reliable journalist on Twitter today. He was often the first to break the news even before Dreger, MacKenzie and Lebrun. So I thought that was an interesting rumor...
Dude, what would any GM with half-a-brain be willing to give up for AK?

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
I'd rather try to package Kostitsyn up with draft pick(s), even our 1st in 2011, prospect or two ie Max Pac ( not because I've written him off by any means as he's so young ) in exchange for a young, budding power forward who we were projecting would play tough and get us 25-30 goals in a couple of seasons.
A lot of posters on this site think you just described Max P. (see bold lettering in blue colour above)!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 11:31 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DainiusZubrus View Post
Hopefully Gauthier has already spoken with Frolov

Step 1) Dump trade A. Kost for minor prospects or draft picks.

Step 2) Sign Frolov. We'll get Frolov-Plekanec-Cammalleri

Step 3) Dump trade Spacek for minor prospects or draft picks.

Step 4) Sign some reliable winger that can in worst case scenario replace Pouliot in the top 6.

And we have yourself a team!!
No friggn way we dump almost 12million in salary without taking any back, no gm vcan do that unless they are seriously overpaying with picks, there's just no way.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 12:08 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
AK can be our best player at times. It's up to the coaching staff to make him consistent.
I believe it's the other way around...

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 12:25 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I believe it's the other way around...
He should make himself consistent? Yes, but that's like saying, you should go to school to teach yourself. He's an asset, it's in their best interest to maximize his performance. Surely, he needs to be part of the solution, but doesn't mean they should let him figure it out on his own.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Chomsky

We don't necessarily need somebody big and physical as much as we need someone who does miracles along the boards and down low.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 01:35 AM
Ginu

I'd do everything I could to get Ryan. That's the kind of young stud we're missing. He's an RFA as well so the value can't be as high as it normally would be.

Pacioretty + Avtsin + Kostitsyn + Hamrlik for Ryan + a bad contract < $5.5m per year

Palushaj, Kristo, Eller and Pouliot can handle the spots left by these guys in our prospect pool.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'd do everything I could to get Ryan. That's the kind of young stud we're missing. He's an RFA as well so the value can't be as high as it normally would be.

Pacioretty + Avtsin + Kostitsyn + Hamrlik for Ryan + a bad contract < $5.5m per year

Palushaj, Kristo, Eller and Pouliot can handle the spots left by these guys in our prospect pool.
Yeah, that doesn't even come close. The value's way off to begin with and even if we added a ton I still don't think ANA trades Ryan unless a great prospect or similarly talented young player is coming back.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 02:51 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
Yeah, that doesn't even come close. The value's way off to begin with and even if we added a ton I still don't think ANA trades Ryan unless a great prospect or similarly talented young player is coming back.
Well he's an RFA. I don't know if they'll get more than that for an unsigned Ryan.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 10:38 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'd do everything I could to get Ryan.
I think we'd be smarter to target james neal who is the same age, is a budding power forward himself, and would likely cost less as he is less highly regarded. He's also the more physical and fearless player, though he may have a touch less sniper ability.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 10:46 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
We have to focus on what would do well in our system.

So far we've been shown that Fast, High Skill players, and two-way players do really well. They don't need to be the biggest, but a little grit doesn't hurt anyone.

Thats why I love the Boyd signing so much.

We should focus on young between ages 20-24 that have alot of potential, speed and skill. Boyd, Eller, are just examples of what we need. I have alot of faith in Pierre Gauthier, I think whatever hes trying to do its to compliment our system already implimented, IE. Speed, and two-way ability.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 11:07 AM
RE-HABS

I think that AK would be able to do well in the Preds line up and under Trotz. He seems to get a lot out of his players, and has some good success with European players like Erat and Hornqvist.

With the signing of Lombardi and the trading of Arnott the Preds need some additional top 6 help, and Sergei and AK may light it up together there. AK probably is a factor in Sergei signing there and not going the KHL route, and it is a given AK will do well...his contract is up, and 9 times out of 10 players put up better numbers at contract time.

Nashville is so D deep on the current roster and in prospect depth.

I would love to see the Habs work a deal in trying to get big Cody Franson. He is only 22, 6'5" and 214 lbs...plus he has an offensive side to his game.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 11:15 AM
ToysInTheAttic

Meh, the distraction is gone (his brother). I expect we'll see a much better AK this season. Keep him.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 11:26 AM
ruski17

Keep him, at least until the deadline. A trade for Ryan would devastate us because it would clean out our prospect pool and roster. On a board about Ryan's value, Vancouver fans said thy'd be happy to trade Hodgons, Schroeder, 1st 2011 and we don't have anything equal to that. Frolov would be nice for 3.8, bu seeing as Lombardi got 3.5, Frolov will get over 4 million very easily.

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 11:28 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
I'm thinking Guy Latendresse

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 11:43 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

If the player isn't as skilled and as physical, we don't want them for Akost.
At least, the guy can put the puck in the back of the net, and doesn't seem to be a headcase. His salary is steep, though. Like near 5 million

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote