HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kevin Bieksa

Old
07-03-2010, 08:03 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
I'm not sure if they have their 2nd next year. I am actually pretty sure they don't. But you can have anyone on that list apart from Henrique. Maybe two of them and a third? I don't know, like I said above, just kicking tires really.

I don't think it would happen anyway, but the thought of Volch and Bieksa on the blue-line is nice. Our D has been charmin soff for years now.
I would do Corrente, Hoeffel and a 3rd for Bieksa.

Corrente is a nice replacement down the road... could play in Manitoba and move into the Canucks lineup over the next couple seasons... a tough right handed shot with good mobility... sounds like a perfect fit in our pipeline... a younger Bieksa by the sounds of it.

Hoeffel played with Schroeder last year in college and could be a good pickup to add some depth in the LW pipeline, which has gotten weak recently.

2 prospects that fill organizational depth needs and a 3rd round pick for Bieksa is as good a deal as we've seen, and we get to send him to the Eastern conference... done deal if it's up to me.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:11 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
I would do Corrente, Hoeffel and a 3rd for Bieksa.

Corrente is a nice replacement down the road... could play in Manitoba and move into the Canucks lineup over the next couple seasons... a tough right handed shot with good mobility... sounds like a perfect fit in our pipeline... a younger Bieksa by the sounds of it.

Hoeffel played with Schroeder last year in college and could be a good pickup to add some depth in the LW pipeline, which has gotten weak recently.

2 prospects that fill organizational depth needs and a 3rd round pick for Bieksa is as good a deal as we've seen, and we get to send him to the Eastern conference... done deal if it's up to me.
Yeah, it's pretty solid. I don't think we have time to see if Corrente can become a Bieksa type, Marty is no spring chicken. Lou also called Urbom our 'top prospect', so you have to think he's ready to contend (the Tallinder signing makes more sense if you look at him as a mentor).

I'd pull the trigger on that deal. Bieksa adds toughness, offense and a veteran RH shooting presence.

I'm not sure if Hoeffel is worth anything at this point however. I guess he could become a lite version of Jay Pandolfo. I am high on Corrente though, I think he can develop nicely in Vancouver or New Jersey, giving the teams set-ups.

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 09:08 AM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Is salary coming back a big issue? Like is he being moved for cap reasons or just because of too many defenseman?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCM View Post
Salary is a huge issue and most people are overlooking it.

Factoring in the cap penalty we have about 1.3 million in cap space.

the problem?

Mason Raymond remains unsigned.
It's not that big of an issue. Assuming:
  • Mason Raymond signs for $3m
  • Jannik Hansen signs for $700K
  • Tanner Glass signs for $600K
  • Cody Hodgson makes the team
  • Tambellini, Perrault and Bolduc do not make the team
  • We go with Alberts and Rome as our #'s 6&7
  • We trade SOB and Bieksa

We would have $1.4m of cap space with a 22 man roster.

If we get a player back from the Bieksa and SOB trades and someone like Darcy Hordichuk is waived to make room that player can make up to $2.175m.

We just can't take on Jason Blake or someone like that. IMO we need a winger for the third line anyway, so I would be open to trading Bieksa for someone to play in that position.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote