HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Re-Sign F Alexandre Bolduc to 1-Year Deal, $500,000 (Two-Way Deal)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2010, 11:26 AM
  #26
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,600
vCash: 50
Good minor signing, IMO. Bolduc is a guy who can be very effective for the Moose, and has also looked decent in his limited action with the Canucks. The issue for him is his shoulder, as he has blown it out a few times now IIRC, most recently against "that giant slug" Scott(nicely put, EVG). Thumbs up from me.

And if it's true that Bolduc was an RFA, mayhaps the reports that we qualified Zimmerman and Walsky are also true...

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 11:31 AM
  #27
tantalum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 12,085
vCash: 500
I stand corrected.

Apparently someone can complain about this signing.

Bolduc is Moose fodder who may see a call-up or two.

tantalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 12:33 PM
  #28
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,875
vCash: 500
Some pro bono (lawyer-speak for "free") advice for Bolduc - avoid fighting John Scott (now playing pylon for the Blackhawks) in future - your face and your wrecked shoulder will thank you. Mind you your face did a number on Scott's knuckles:

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 12:43 PM
  #29
NCPokey
Registered User
 
NCPokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Poor Bolduc, I still don't know what he was thinking fighting him. At least chop block him down to the ice first.

Decent signing though, he's a good depth player.

NCPokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 12:49 PM
  #30
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,600
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPokey View Post
Poor Bolduc, I still don't know what he was thinking fighting him. At least chop block him down to the ice first.

Decent signing though, he's a good depth player.
Yeah, colour me mystified as to what the F Bolduc was thinking there. You could see Rypien on the bench hollering at the refs to end the fight.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 01:18 PM
  #31
RobertKron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
Its always fun watching undersized and undergunned fourth liners run around trying to take on other fouth liners.
You know that the point of hockey is to end the game with more goals than the opposition, and not more fight wins, right?

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 01:31 PM
  #32
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Yeah, colour me mystified as to what the F Bolduc was thinking there. You could see Rypien on the bench hollering at the refs to end the fight.
This is one match where Bolduc should get in close and hold on for dear life not stand back and let Scott use his huge reach advantage.

He gets high marks for guts and low marks for smarts.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 01:33 PM
  #33
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
You know that the point of hockey is to end the game with more goals than the opposition, and not more fight wins, right?
You mean that pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence are not the way to go? Worked for the Leafs, eh?

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 09:10 PM
  #34
LostMyGlasses*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Simon Fraser
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Yeah, colour me mystified as to what the F Bolduc was thinking there. You could see Rypien on the bench hollering at the refs to end the fight.
Fourth liners fight, no matter their size, when called upon.

I remember watching Jaffray getting worked over at least 3 times on the fourth line.

Hope his shoulder has recuperated.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 11:07 PM
  #35
MKennedy
Registered User
 
MKennedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Some pro bono (lawyer-speak for "free") advice for Bolduc - avoid fighting John Scott (now playing pylon for the Blackhawks) in future - your face and your wrecked shoulder will thank you. Mind you your face did a number on Scott's knuckles:
John Scott is such a ****ing piece of ****, I hope to go he gets whats coming to him sooner or later. I would love for him and Boogard to go at it. To bad they play in difference conferences.

edit: Also think he's a ****** bag for his comments afterwards, can't find exactly what he said but I was so pissed and minny's coach even said something about him not being happy about the comments.

MKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 11:16 PM
  #36
FloydTheBarber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKennedy View Post
John Scott is such a ****ing piece of ****, I hope to go he gets whats coming to him sooner or later. I would love for him and Boogard to go at it. To bad they play in difference conferences.

edit: Also think he's a ****** bag for his comments afterwards, can't find exactly what he said but I was so pissed and minny's coach even said something about him not being happy about the comments.
Don't remember what he said, but Scott did nothing wrong in that fight, he just destroyed Bolduc. Didn't show boat, didn't laugh at him, didn't keep it going once the refs stopped it, and Bolduc challenged him.

I don't see what makes John Scott a POS from watching that. As for post-game comments, well the biggest POS is Adam Burish

FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.