HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Any other College Free Agents

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy
I guess it's safe to say there are no Adam Oates or Martin St.Louis
Thats Marty Sertich who leads the NCAA in Scoring .. He is a UFA and also a finalist for the Hobey Baker as he was named to the

DOB: 10/13/82
Hometown: Roseville, Minn.
Ht: 5-9 Wt: 160

42 games .. 27 goals ... 37 assists .... 64 points

NCAA Scoring : http://www.uscho.com/stats/

Marty Sertich – Colorado College, Junior, Forward, Roseville, Minn.

• The 2005 WCHA Player of the Year and a member of the All-WCHA first team.
• Was named to the 2005 NCAA West Regional All-Tournament Team.
• With 64 points on 27 goals and 37 assists, he leads the nation in scoring, one point ahead of teammate Brett Sterling.
• He currently ranks second in the country in goals and stands tied for second nationally in assists.
• Among WCHA players, he trails only Sterling in goals, ranks second in assists, stands tied for second in the league with 30 power-play points and is among the conference’s top ten with two shorthanded goals.
• In conference games only, he led the WCHA in scoring with 42 points, shared the league lead with 25 assists and ranked tied for fourth with 17 goals.
• He also tied with Sterling for the conference lead in power-play points (23) and is tied for tenth with two game-winning goals.
• Has logged at least one point in 33 of the Tigers’ 42 games this season, including 22 multiple-point games and eight outings of three or more points.
• Reeled off a 16-game point streak from Nov. 13-Jan. 14, scoring 13 goals and adding 16 assists during that span, and posted an eight-game scoring streak from Jan. 21-Feb. 12 during which he scored 5-13—18.
• Earned CSTV/Hockey Commissioners’ Association national player of the month honors for December after scoring 6-10—16 in eight games.
• Chosen as WCHA Offensive Player of the Week on Nov. 29.
• Hasn't missed a game in three years with the Tigers; his consecutive games played streak currently stands at 123.
• A History major, he reads to Colorado Springs schoolchildren and participates in the Colorado Springs “Care and Share” food drive.

Old
03-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Pepsi

I am new to posting here. I have been watching this board and have been impressed with the knowledge of some postings. I was hoping someone could answer my question.

At what point does a player go from being "draft eligible" to being a free agent. I know the leafs just signed Colin Murphy as a free agent.

Is it an age thing? Syvret has been passed over in two drafts yet he is still a draft eligible player right? And if it is an age rule, why was Kukumberg drafted... why wasn't he a free agent?

Thanks for your help in understanding this matter.

Old
03-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
I am new to posting here. I have been watching this board and have been impressed with the knowledge of some postings. I was hoping someone could answer my question.

At what point does a player go from being "draft eligible" to being a free agent. I know the leafs just signed Colin Murphy as a free agent.

Is it an age thing? Syvret has been passed over in two drafts yet he is still a draft eligible player right? And if it is an age rule, why was Kukumberg drafted... why wasn't he a free agent?

Thanks for your help in understanding this matter.
Rules are different for Euro's and NA players ..

All Euro's regardless of age need to be drafted first by an NHL team in order for that team to gain his rights .. No such thing as UFA for undrafted Euro

The exception is if a Euro player comes to NA and plays in the CHL before he is drafted then he acts the same as a NA player..

For North American Players .. The Age is 20 years old ... but the catch is when you turn 20 years old .. The Draft cut off is Sept 15th of that year that determines the situation .. If you turn 20 before the Sept 15th of the draft year then you are eligible for the entry draft .. If its after the Septh 15th and you have been passed by in earlier drafts as a 18 and 19 year old you are a UFA ..

A couple of examples are Nik Boynton and Kiel Mcleod . to see on birthdays and draft eligibility .. Nik Boynton turned 20 and re-entered a draft and Kiel Mcleod became an UFA .. that same applies for non selected players ..

That is the general rule .. Clear as Mud ..

Basically all Euro players need to be drafted and NA players that turn 20 (depending on when their Birthday is ) all 21 year or older are UFA automatically if undrafted ..

Old
03-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Pepsi

thanks Messenger

Closed Thread