HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott - Chi

Old
07-04-2010, 12:44 AM
Beukeboom Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Bolland is very good, but Kelly isn't far behind him. And I don't know if Bolland plays the PK, but Kelly is an excellent PKer too. There is also the hidden asset going to CHI, that being a precious 1.25 mill in cap room, which is important in a cap world.
If you don't know that Bolland plays the PK - says an awful lot about why you think this deal is remotely possible.

You don't trade guys like Bolland for a limited player like Kelly to clear up $1.25M in cap space. Kelly is overpaid for what he brings to the table, especially to a cap-constrainted team like the Hawks.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 12:44 AM
cosmicnavigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkiteki View Post
So this is a 3 way deal? 'cause Jurcina is on the islanders now but i'm sure they'll take fisher and let the caps take the first.
I know Jurcina is on the Islanders I just took similar players to the original trade proposal to illustrate how far of the value was.

Why trade a 50 point very good two way player + a first for a 6 years older player with very little upside and a player that seem to be a career AHL player.

cosmicnavigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 01:32 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

To Ottawa:
Bolland+Kopecky

To Chicago:
Kelly+Campoli+Winchester/Shannon+3rd 2011+5th2011

Campoli would be a very good cheap #5, and Kelly can be a very good 3rd line center or even flipped if need be. Winchester/Shannon are both decent bottom 6ers. Bolland costs a lot but is a very good player, and Kopecky gets paid a decent amount and doesn't do a whole lot.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 02:36 AM
denkiteki

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
To Ottawa:
Bolland+Kopecky

To Chicago:

Campoli would be a very good cheap #5, and Kelly can be a very good 3rd line center or even flipped if need be. Winchester/Shannon are both decent bottom 6ers. Bolland costs a lot but is a very good player, and Kopecky gets paid a decent amount and doesn't do a whole lot.
Didn't Kopecky get some nice time on the top line? I think he's in the Hawks plan for next year. That proposal is better than the one from the OP just because the 1st round pick is gone but its still not a great deal for the Hawks. Its not like the Hawks don't have their own sub 1 million #5 Ds (namely prospects). And you need to play your prospects sooner or later if you want to develop them. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks ask for a 1st with Kelly before talks get serious.

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 03:54 AM
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
To Ottawa:
Bolland+Kopecky

To Chicago:

I advise you to watch the playoffs. Kopecky will never be an offensive dynamo but he is a solid 3rd liner signed to a decent deal. He also brings with him a lot of playoff experience and two cup rings (although admittedly he didn't really play much to earn the 1st one). Also as the Hawks i'd rather give spots to Bickell/Dowell/Skille/Beach etc before giving them to Winchester/Shannon. On top of that the Hawks aren't dealing Bolland, they dealt Buff, Versteeg and Ladd just so they could keep him and Sharp.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I wouldn't trade Bolland alone for this package.

Chicago is in good Shape with their Cap. Add Campbell or Huet and we can start the talk.
NO WAY from Chicago

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote