HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prust re-signs (2 yrs @ $800k Per)

Old
07-03-2010, 12:02 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Love Prust's game. I called the fact that he would be the more influential player when the trade happened and look now. Teams need players like him. Tough as nails.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 01:14 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2417 View Post
could've just signed john scott and prust instead of boogaard and prust

Yeah thats what bugs me about Boogard signing. While I wouldnt say Scott is a better fighter, they are pretty close though. 6+ mill over 4 years for 1 guy while the other gets just over a mill for 2 years. Just use Scott as #7 D-man, Boggie takes a spot of someone like Weise.

Nice to see Prust back, 800 over 2 is about right.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 02:07 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Prust is back! YYeeZZ

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 03:02 AM
Wayne Simmonds*

now THIS is a terrible signing, way to much money for him.

Wayne Simmonds* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 06:49 AM
AJRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahjahka View Post
I hope that's sarcasm.

Wonderful signing, great terms. Much like everyone else, I wanted Prust back as an absolute priority.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 06:51 AM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Love it. Great contract. Easily the best player in the Jokinen deal.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 07:30 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sMartinique94 View Post
Love it. Great contract. Easily the best player in the Jokinen deal.
You are so right! But funny how the world works, he gets 2 years for less than 2 mil. and Jok gets 2 years for 6 mil.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 07:34 AM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
You are so right! But funny how the world works, he gets 2 years for less than 2 mil. and Jok gets 2 years for 6 mil.
I LOL'ed when he re-signed in Calgary.

Sutter:

Old
07-03-2010, 08:31 AM
howztheglass

We need more guys like this.Great signing he alone was worth trade Higgins and Kotaik.

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 02:44 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Great signing! It's funny to think that Avery makes over 4x as much for being a slightly better version of Prust. And to be honest, most games last year Prust, not Avery, was the better player.

I love this kid..

Call me crazy, but he was effective with AA last year, so I'd keep those two together. If it means he's a third liner, so be it. He's earned it, in my opinion.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 03:00 PM
CheeseDogs

vCash: 987
i want to see prust-aa-boogaard line lol just for one game see wut happens

CheeseDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahjahka View Post
this better be a joke i guess u r one of the fans that love soft players

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
Great signing! It's funny to think that Avery makes over 4x as much for being a slightly better version of Prust. And to be honest, most games last year Prust, not Avery, was the better player.

I love this kid..

Call me crazy, but he was effective with AA last year, so I'd keep those two together. If it means he's a third liner, so be it. He's earned it, in my opinion.
Well that all depends of if we are ever going to let Avery be Avery again. Right now I think we've royally screwed that one up.

If Avery is allowed to be the player he is, it's not even close.

Prust isn't putting up 15 goals, 40 points and driving the other team nuts.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 10:13 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

leave it to ranger fans to get excited over a guy who should/will play 4th line minutes

this guy is just another in a long line of marginal players who are asked to do way too much and deliver far too little too often.

as a 4th liner, hes ok.

anything else doesnt really matter.

oh, and hes no sean avery at all. not even close

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 10:55 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
leave it to ranger fans to get excited over a guy who should/will play 4th line minutes

this guy is just another in a long line of marginal players who are asked to do way too much and deliver far too little too often.

as a 4th liner, hes ok.

anything else doesnt really matter.

oh, and hes no sean avery at all. not even close
We don't have much to be excited about. Prust is an energy guy who can chip in ~20 points. For 800k, that's a good deal.

Old
07-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Schweiker17

glad to see him coming back

Schweiker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
mza-christensen-gaborik
grachev-anisimov-drury
avery-dubinsky-callahan
prust-prospal-boogard

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
mza-christensen-gaborik
grachev-anisimov-drury
avery-dubinsky-callahan
prust-prospal-boogard
Prospal is not playing on the 4th line....Drury should be in that spot.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Cermi

Quote:
mza-christensen-gaborik
grachev-anisimov-drury
avery-dubinsky-callahan
prust-prospal-boogard
nonsense, Prospal is not playing on 4th line and Dubi is better on LW.

More like

MZA-Christensen-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Prospal-Callahan
Avery-Anisimov-Drury
Prust-Boyle-Boogard

Of course, Prospal could be on th 1st line and MZA on the 2nd. It all depends on chemistry between players.

Cermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cermi View Post
nonsense, Prospal is not playing on 4th line and Dubi is better on LW.

More like

MZA-Christensen-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Prospal-Callahan
Avery-Anisimov-Drury
Prust-Boyle-Boogard

Of course, Prospal could be on th 1st line and MZA on the 2nd. It all depends on chemistry between players.
lol because you have boyle instead of grachev. you better believe grachev is gonna be up this year. he was the last cut last season and i only see him getting better and showing he belongs up here more and more this training camp.

and prospal is getting older. to preserve him i would think the rangers would use him on the 4th line and power play rather than play him on the top 3 lines which rotate somewhat evenly for tortorella. he was injured last year, mainly due to the workload he had to perform under. after the injury he was somewhat invisible. it's either christensen on the 4th line or prospal. i'd guess prospal, who is slower, older, and at this point in his career the less physical of the 2.

Old
07-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Cermi

Quote:
lol because you have boyle instead of grachev. you better believe grachev is gonna be up this year. he was the last cut last season and i only see him getting better and showing he belongs up here more and more this training camp.

and prospal is getting older. to preserve him i would think the rangers would use him on the 4th line and power play rather than play him on the top 3 lines which rotate somewhat evenly for tortorella. he was injured last year, mainly due to the workload he had to perform under. after the injury he was somewhat invisible. it's either christensen on the 4th line or prospal. i'd guess prospal, who is slower, older, and at this point in his career the less physical of the 2.
I'd be delighted if Grachev made the team but I refuse to count on that so far so that I won't be disapointed when he's cut out. Same for Stepan - I believe he's just as ready as Grachev but it will be more difficult for him because we have quite a lot of players capable of playing center on the top 3 lines - Dubi, Vinny, EC, Anisimov, Drury.

Boyle could be replaced with someone else (Hartford) but 4th line is no place for young players/prospects...

Prospal is due for his off-year so let's wait how he handles it. Last season he was great with Gabby. Then Torts started to change the lines and we all know how much Gabby slowed down... It helped the rest of the team but Gaborik was nowhere as good as in the first 30 games.

EC is a solid player, he's still young, last season he played well with Gaborik and he and Prospal are the most probable options for the 1st line center.

Cermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cermi View Post
I'd be delighted if Grachev made the team but I refuse to count on that so far so that I won't be disapointed when he's cut out. Same for Stepan - I believe he's just as ready as Grachev but it will be more difficult for him because we have quite a lot of players capable of playing center on the top 3 lines - Dubi, Vinny, EC, Anisimov, Drury.

Boyle could be replaced with someone else (Hartford) but 4th line is no place for young players/prospects...

Prospal is due for his off-year so let's wait how he handles it. Last season he was great with Gabby. Then Torts started to change the lines and we all know how much Gabby slowed down... It helped the rest of the team but Gaborik was nowhere as good as in the first 30 games.

EC is a solid player, he's still young, last season he played well with Gaborik and he and Prospal are the most probable options for the 1st line center.
i don't have grachev on the 4th line though, i have prospal or christensen playing there instead. who knows if christensen or prospal can repeat what they did last year. i just think giving prospal less of a work load will make him more productive for the duration of the season. plus he's 20x better of a face off man than boyle.

Old
07-05-2010, 04:46 AM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Love Prust's game. I called the fact that he would be the more influential player when the trade happened and look now. Teams need players like him. Tough as nails.
When rumors started to surface about the possibility of the trade with Calgary, Prust is the one I wanted the most off their roster. I just loved the way he played the game, and at that point in time we were in desperate need of another forward who provided grit as well as dropping the gloves. When the trade finally happened, I knew right then and there...Prust would flourish in NYC. I expect Prust to continue on in an upward trajectory from late last season.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
When rumors started to surface about the possibility of the trade with Calgary, Prust is the one I wanted the most off their roster. I just loved the way he played the game, and at that point in time we were in desperate need of another forward who provided grit as well as dropping the gloves. When the trade finally happened, I knew right then and there...Prust would flourish in NYC. I expect Prust to continue on in an upward trajectory from late last season.

rangers need more grit. prust i think can score 8 next year. i think he can breakout as a ranger. prust also has the ability to play on the pk so that is useful. now if slats can find a power forward for their top 6, ill be happy. Dubinsky is the only power forward the rangers have. id love perry, ryan, stafford type player. i dont want ponikarovsky, afinogenov, frolov.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 10:57 PM
trilobyte

Excellent. Another player out of the great London Knights organization.

I love watching the way he keeps pushing, never gives up on a play.

At this figure, a good signing. Especially since it is for somebody who is not an unknown quantity.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote