HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Chicago's Cap Penalty Number = $4,157,753

Old
07-03-2010, 06:34 AM
GCM
Kesler Did This

vCash: 500
Chicago's Cap Penalty Number = $4,157,753

http://www.capgeek.com/news/20100702...ce-bonuses.php

Yikes

I didn't see a topic about it so I thought I'd post this so everyone knows it and can figure it into their line-up calculations from here on in.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 10:08 AM
hckyfan0099

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCM View Post

Yikes

I didn't see a topic about it so I thought I'd post this so everyone knows it and can figure it into their line-up calculations from here on in.

I'm sorry I had a Stanley Cup ring stuck in my ear, you were saying something about how we won the Stanley Cup and had our 22 year old captain win the Conn Smythe and somehow thats a bad thing?

hckyfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 11:52 AM
BlackHawkeye*

And still better than the Canucks.

BlackHawkeye* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 11:54 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCM View Post

Yikes

Thank you captain obvious. Use the search function a little better. You may have located some info about this in the massive thread titled, 2010/2011 Cap.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

In other news, the Titanic has sunk...

Hawkster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkster View Post
In other news, the Titanic has sunk...
OMG are you serious

Thank God we still have the Britannic

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 04:08 AM
GCM
Kesler Did This

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyfan0099 View Post

I'm sorry I had a Stanley Cup ring stuck in my ear, you were saying something about how we won the Stanley Cup and had our 22 year old captain win the Conn Smythe and somehow thats a bad thing?
Funny

Chill out though.

Sorry, I didn't see the other topic.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawkeye View Post
And still better than the Canucks.
Yeah....I don't think so...

Maybe in a year or two but with all the depth you've lost I'd be surprised if the Hawks finish ahead of the Canucks.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 11:43 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post

Maybe in a year or two but with all the depth you've lost I'd be surprised if the Hawks finish ahead of the Canucks.
I'd be surprised if we did not.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:19 AM
BlackHawkeye*

Quote:

Well maybe we can get lucky in the playoffs again like the last two years.

BlackHawkeye* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 02:26 AM
Teemu

Teemu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:

Yeah, but it will always bother you that with the Hawks at their best, the Canucks couldn't beat them.

Stanley Cup champs, baby.

Crazy_Ike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Steve Passless*

Record-setting ratings and this is the thanks we get. One day we'll get a soft cap and won't be punished for having our franchise player win the playoff MVP.

Steve Passless* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 04:44 PM
MrSerious

Quote:

Canucks might finish ahead in the regular season but the Hawks will beat the Canucks in 6 in the second round.

MrSerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 04:41 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Yeah, but it will always bother you that with the Hawks at their best, the Canucks couldn't beat them.

Stanley Cup champs, baby.

Nobody could beat the Hawks at their best so that's really not saying much. But I will say this much...nobody beat the Hawks as badly as the Canucks did during the post season. It doesn't mean much because the Hawks still won the series.

You've got a very nice young core but even the most intelligent Hawks fan will agree that on paper the Canucks look better then the Hawks.

Who knows what happens during the season. You guys have lost a lot of depth but there's always a chance that a couple of younger players step up and make up for that loss.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 04:57 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Nobody could beat the Hawks at their best so that's really not saying much. But I will say this much...nobody beat the Hawks as badly as the Canucks did during the post season. It doesn't mean much because the Hawks still won the series.

You've got a very nice young core but even the most intelligent Hawks fan will agree that on paper the Canucks look better then the Hawks.

Who knows what happens during the season. You guys have lost a lot of depth but there's always a chance that a couple of younger players step up and make up for that loss.
I did find the Canuck series as the toughest. Maybe Nashville got the scariest, and I'm speaking about late in game 5 where the Hawks nearly went down 3 games to 2.

But the Canucks...they are one of the few teams, maybe the only team, that has given the Hawks a thumping on a number of ocassions. A couple times during the regular season, and even game 1 of the playoff series this year.

How might the series have turned out if Vancouver's defense had better luck with health...or if Vancouver had actually kept their heads cool during games 3 and 4?

Who knows...but I wouldn't be quick to write the Hawks off for another deep playoff run next year. We'll see how the replacements for our lost players go during the season. Hopefully a few are pleasant surprises. Beyond that, remember that the Hawks will have more then enough cap space to add some bodies at the trade deadline, because they then would only need to carry their salaries for 1-2 months. And they certainly have the assets to trade with all these young promising prospects acquired the last 2 months.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Sevanston

Quote:

I always hate seeing lines like that. Which fans are you talking about? Are we not intelligent enough for you?

The Canucks are a good team; there's no question. But all the Canucks fans who are just writing off the Hawks because we lost some of our depth (by which they usually just mean Buff) are fooling themselves. Our team has taken a dip, but it's not the cataclysmic fall that the Nucks fans seem to believe.

Our core is still intact. Toews and Kane have still each scored their own hat tricks on Luongo in the playoffs. Bolland and Keith-Seabrook still shut down the "AMAZING" Sedins. Most of our team has still sent you packing for two years running.

Things may have changed a little bit on both sides, but believe me, the Hawks will still give you all kinds of hell in the playoffs next year. So stop with the charade that you'll be able to just walk over us. This is the third year in a row where you guys have put on this act. Just stop.

Oh, and "on paper," we're the Stanley Cup champions. What the hell are you?

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:

You've got a very nice young core but even the most intelligent Hawks fan will agree that on paper the Canucks look better then the Hawks..
The Predators were the best team we played in playoffs. The Canucks actually gave us the least amount of difficulty

And the Canucks could have Gretzky/Orr in there primes in there lineup and it wouldn't hide the fact that as long as you have that mental midget in net you wont ever be a concern to the Hawks

Old
07-06-2010, 09:43 AM
CC Chiefs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
The Predators were the best team we played in playoffs. The Canucks actually gave us the least amount of difficulty

And the Canucks could have Gretzky/Orr in there primes in there lineup and it wouldn't hide the fact that as long as you have that mental midget in net you wont ever be a concern to the Hawks
As long as these two things are together the Canucks will never win:

Playoffs and Luongo

CC Chiefs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gibson Cup View Post

Playoffs and Luongo
For once ,,,, You said something Hawks fan can all agree with you on

Old
07-07-2010, 01:36 AM
InsaneBlackhawksFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gibson Cup View Post

Playoffs and Luongo
To be honest, the Canucks in general were VERY weak mentally, not just Lou. That team needs some serious culture change.

InsaneBlackhawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 02:20 AM
DoubleTrouble

First time over at the Blackhawks board and WOW, I didn't know the Canucks affected you guys like this.

DoubleTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 03:06 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble View Post
First time over at the Blackhawks board and WOW, I didn't know the Canucks affected you guys like this.
Go hang your banners of mediocrity in your rafters, while the Hawks hang their Cup banner.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 03:54 AM
DoubleTrouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshinaya View Post
Go hang your banners of mediocrity in your rafters, while the Hawks hang their Cup banner.
Congrats on winning the Cup.. Well Deserved

The team was amazing and went for it knowing that this was gonna be the one and only chance to win it with the players under contract, But as all good thing come to end so are the Hawks. The salary cap caught up to you guys and you guys are back to being an above average team. Still a very good team but not even close to what you were last season. Enjoy the Cup it maybe awhile before you get it again

DoubleTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 07:08 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble View Post
Congrats on winning the Cup.. Well Deserved

The team was amazing and went for it knowing that this was gonna be the one and only chance to win it with the players under contract, But as all good thing come to end so are the Hawks. The salary cap caught up to you guys and you guys are back to being an above average team. Still a very good team but not even close to what you were last season. Enjoy the Cup it maybe awhile before you get it again
It may be a while before you get it at all.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote