HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

UPDATE Kostitsyn signs for $550,000 one year deal

Old
07-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Fan of The Game

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fan of The Game
I personally think that SK has a real chance at thriving here in Nashville. I think he will find the environment of the south very hospitable and less critical of him. Anyone would typically perform better. Perhaps getting out of his brother's shadow could help? Has he said anything since coming here?

Fan of The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:14 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan of The Game View Post
I personally think that SK has a real chance at thriving here in Nashville. I think he will find the environment of the south very hospitable and less critical of him. Anyone would typically perform better. Perhaps getting out of his brother's shadow could help? Has he said anything since coming here?
He's back home in Belarus at the moment, so he's not been readily available to the media. He did speak to Poile the other day, and Poile came out of the chat with a good feeling about SK and his desire to succeed in Nashville. Said that he felt this was just the sort of change of scenery he needed for a fresh start. I'm optimistic.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Fan of The Game

Send a message via MSN to Fan of The Game
That is understandable. Hopefully for his sake and the locker room's he does

Fan of The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Juneemoon

The biggest on-line sports outlet in Belarus is pressball.by. The Kostitsyns are stars in their home country and of course, this is big news for them. Here is a translated link to a story that ran on June 30, after Sergei found out he'd been traded but before he had talked to anyone from Nashville. The actual interview with him is around the middle third of the story. Also the photo up top shows how all his teammates hated him....

http://translate.google.com/translat...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Juneemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:37 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
The biggest on-line sports outlet in Belarus is pressball.by. The Kostitsyns are stars in their home country and of course, this is big news for them. Here is a translated link to a story that ran on June 30, after Sergei found out he'd been traded but before he had talked to anyone from Nashville. The actual interview with him is around the middle third of the story. Also the photo up top shows how all his teammates hated him....

http://translate.google.com/translat...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8
So if all his teammates hated him why has Bouillon offered to take him under his wing if he signs here? That doesn't make sense to me.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Juneemoon

This is the picture I'm talking about. If you listen to Habs fans you'd think everyone on the team hated Sergei.

Juneemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
This is the picture I'm talking about. If you listen to Habs fans you'd think everyone on the team hated Sergei.

No one hated Sergei, they just didn't like him.

Maybe Price did, but who knows. The fans probably hated him much more than his teammates.

Did someone really say that was Bouillon ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 10:19 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 60
Well I am happy but I pity you guys I watched this kid in London and was pissed when the HABS drafted him. I was happy to hear we traded him you guys just got Rads headcase with less offensive talent. He will destroy the locker room chemistry as he did with every team over here. I have family that works for the Knights and he was a disruption there also. I can say I am over the moon that we finally shipped him outa town.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 10:32 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Well I am happy but I pity you guys I watched this kid in London and was pissed when the HABS drafted him. I was happy to hear we traded him you guys just got Rads headcase with less offensive talent. He will destroy the locker room chemistry as he did with every team over here. I have family that works for the Knights and he was a disruption there also. I can say I am over the moon that we finally shipped him outa town.
Are you the same guy who used to post over at the official Preds boards?

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 10:46 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
If hes that bad he'll be booted from here quickly as well.

I imagine poile isnt going to give him much of a contract and will have the bail out plan ready..

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Bad Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
Are you the same guy who used to post over at the official Preds boards?
He still does.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 12:08 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
If hes that bad he'll be booted from here quickly as well.

I imagine poile isnt going to give him much of a contract and will have the bail out plan ready..
yep, our management wont stand for it

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 12:14 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 60
Well I hope he works out for you but I am not going to hold my breath but hey stranger things have happened and to answer the question yes I am one and the same.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Please let BFC and I moderate the board...

Everyone is entitled to post here as long as they follow the site rules. If you feel someone crosses the line and a moderator doesn't address it, please feel free to use the report feature and I guarantee someone will review the situation in a timely manner. The forum however is not the place to address these issues. If you truly feel the need to "warn" us of a member...please feel free to PM BFC or myself.

Thanks!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 03:08 PM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Please let BFC and I moderate the board...

Everyone is entitled to post here as long as they follow the site rules. If you feel someone crosses the line and a moderator doesn't address it, please feel free to use the report feature and I guarantee someone will review the situation in a timely manner. The forum however is not the place to address these issues. If you truly feel the need to "warn" us of a member...please feel free to PM BFC or myself.

Thanks!

Who is trying to moderate the board??? I took it as V82 saying If Kostitsyn was as bad here he will be booted. Am I wrong?

hipcheck85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcheck85 View Post
Who is trying to moderate the board??? I took it as V82 saying If Kostitsyn was as bad here he will be booted. Am I wrong?
I apologize. I misread the sequence of posts and confused the discussion of Kostiysyn's behavioral issues with the introduction of a new poster.

Sorry if I offended anyone or caused any inconvience. That was not my intention and after re-reading the sequence I'll be the first to admit my error. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Old
07-06-2010, 04:08 PM
FlyingRat

Sergei signed for 550k. Great value.

http://twitter.com/rdsca/status/17896341692

FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Good deal, low risk high reward.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 05:07 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

So, my question is how much does Parent and Franson sign for? THis is a steal. This contract puts all the pressure on Kostitsyn. If he wants to get paid anywhere he BETTER damn well show up.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 05:16 PM
OpenWheel

So, if he plays well, is a good teammate, and has a solid year, what do we have? Will he still be restricted or would we be on the same playing field as any team in the bidding? I was sort of hoping for a cheap two year deal. For some reason I'm thinking he'll be a decent player for us.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 05:19 PM
oreilly22

Wow, what an incredible deal! We are so lucky that we have a gm as good as David Poile.

oreilly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 05:21 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
So, if he plays well, is a good teammate, and has a solid year, what do we have? Will he still be restricted or would we be on the same playing field as any team in the bidding? I was sort of hoping for a cheap two year deal. For some reason I'm thinking he'll be a decent player for us.
Capgeek says he's an RFA after this contract. Even MORE of a steal!

Old
07-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
SK will still be an RFA next summer. You want to watch a motivated player this season? Look no further. This contract is Poile telling SK that he is going to be given the opportunity here to prove everyone wrong and SK saying, "bring it on!"

Kostitsyn is going to be one highly motivated player next season trying to say, "screw you" to Montreal and at the same time earning himself a big payday next summer...

I honestly predict a breakout year for SK. The ball is in his court and there's no doubt that he has the skill or the motivation to reach his full potential this season.

$550k. Poile is a genius!!!

Old
07-06-2010, 05:28 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Does anyone know what happens to the 5th rounder in the deal? Mon. signed Boyd, NSH signed Kost-co. (I'm sick of typing his name)

Old
07-06-2010, 05:30 PM
oreilly22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Does anyone know what happens to the 5th rounder in the deal? Mon. signed Boyd, NSH signed Kost-co. (I'm sick of typing his name)
The way I interpreted it was that now neither team gets the 5th rounder because both sides signed a player. I could be wrong though.

oreilly22 is offline   Reply With Quote