HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Photoshop Thread #7 - From Barber Shop to Photoshop

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2010, 10:58 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
I think this needs to be edited to reflect current events.
How dose that work is it Holmgren kicking himself in the head and the fans watching? Or do we get to kick him? Or Gagne?

Old
07-03-2010, 12:00 AM
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat

Old
07-03-2010, 04:07 AM
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper

Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat

Old
07-03-2010, 01:47 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Can I get Holmgren's face on this as an avvy?

Old
07-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Can I get Holmgren's face on this as an avvy?

I think Homer is the guy Johnny is flicking off.

Old
07-03-2010, 02:09 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post

I think this needs to be edited to reflect current events.
Replace Stevens with Gagne
Replace Snider with Holmgren
Replace the old Holmgren with The Superstar Jody Shelley

or the possibilities are endless with Homer being the guy getting his face kicked in.

Old
07-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
I just want one of the "Thank You" avatars with Holmgren. I want it to either say "No, Thank You" or "Thanks for Nothing"

Old
07-05-2010, 09:26 PM
97FlyersKing18

I find the "Holmgren Hitler" avatar offensive, I would appreciate it if no Flyers fan uses it.

Old
07-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
I find the "Holmgren Hitler" avatar offensive, I would appreciate it if no Flyers fan uses it.
I dunno... they both have an eye for talent but horrible asset management.

Old
07-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
I wasn't that offended by it, but I think it is in pretty poor taste. The man ****ed up an off-season, Hitler tried to exterminate entire populations of people. The Hitler avatar might be going a bit far there.

Old
07-06-2010, 12:37 AM
97FlyersKing18

I understand that the artist may have worked hard on the photo, I just feel it is poor taste and disrespectful to hundreds of thousands of people, not only Flyers fans. I bet more people, my self included, would be outraged by putting Holmgren in a turban and Bin Laden beard.

Many American lives were and still are affected due to World War II, to put a July 4th Patriotic spin on the avatar. Whether it be the widows or children of American Marines, immigrants from war-torn countries or the Baby Boom Generation itself, war has a major impact and should not be taken lightly. World War II, a war that Hitler had a major part in escalating due to his denouncement of non-aggression pacts and murder of innocent scapegoats, saw American, German, British, French, Australian, Canadians, Italian, Japanese, and Soviet soldiers bravely die on the battle fields and at sea. Just by looking at the flags under usernames of many people on this site, HF is a global community with people that could have had ancestors that served during WWII or been greatly affected by Hitler's reign. Although I believe Hitler was a brilliant man for many reasons, his actions and policies led to a large amount of suffering and pain to this day.

I guess my advice would be to think before posting something that "could be offensive", because once something is on the internet, it is there for good. I don't mean to lecture, I just think it will always be "too soon", as some folks like to joke, for a jab of this magnitude.

Old
07-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Valhoun*

Is it Hitler or is it Charlie Chaplin?

Old
07-06-2010, 01:04 AM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post

Is it Hitler or is it Charlie Chaplin?

Old
07-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Wow, that guy kinda looks like a confused Homer. That's begging to be shopped.

Old
07-06-2010, 02:57 AM
mypunkrock

Holmgren as the Joker?

Make it happen!

Old
07-06-2010, 03:00 AM
Valhoun*

If Homer was a superhero.

Old
07-06-2010, 07:49 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
I understand that the artist may have worked hard on the photo, I just feel it is poor taste and disrespectful to hundreds of thousands of people, not only Flyers fans. I bet more people, my self included, would be outraged by putting Holmgren in a turban and Bin Laden beard.

Many American lives were and still are affected due to World War II, to put a July 4th Patriotic spin on the avatar. Whether it be the widows or children of American Marines, immigrants from war-torn countries or the Baby Boom Generation itself, war has a major impact and should not be taken lightly. World War II, a war that Hitler had a major part in escalating due to his denouncement of non-aggression pacts and murder of innocent scapegoats, saw American, German, British, French, Australian, Canadians, Italian, Japanese, and Soviet soldiers bravely die on the battle fields and at sea. Just by looking at the flags under usernames of many people on this site, HF is a global community with people that could have had ancestors that served during WWII or been greatly affected by Hitler's reign. Although I believe Hitler was a brilliant man for many reasons, his actions and policies led to a large amount of suffering and pain to this day.

I guess my advice would be to think before posting something that "could be offensive", because once something is on the internet, it is there for good. I don't mean to lecture, I just think it will always be "too soon", as some folks like to joke, for a jab of this magnitude.
Lighten up. Holy hell.

Old
07-06-2010, 10:16 AM
97FlyersKing18

Sorry I am a bit pissed about the "Hitler Holmgren", but I think I layed out a concrete valid framework for why it is not acceptable to post something like that, even on the internet. Plus, it was Independece Day, show some respect to the people that allow you to enjoy your Corona's, fireworks and grillouts. It could be Charlie Chaplin or the Pink Panther, but the context it was in is clearly Hitler. Sorry I believe that World War II had a major impact upon the lives of millions of people across the globe, youself included.

I guess mass genocide, slavery and brave soldiers dying on the battle field could be compared to 2 marginal professional hockey players making $1.5 Million Dollars leading to a "fan favorite" being let go. I am not a war activist, I actually believe in Peaceful Resolutions. I just feel that it is disrespectful to defile Allied Powers, American Policies, the Flyers Organization and Paul Holmgren with a Hitler comparison. There is a place and time for jokes, and there is literally no similarities between Paul and Adolph. Stretching the realm of life and death to a game is obtuse.

Just because you may not have lived it doesn't mean it is not important. Unfortunatley, nobody learns from history and humans continue to make the same mistakes over and over and over again. Perhaps you should read a book and get some perspective, before you tell me to lighten up.

Old
07-06-2010, 11:30 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Just because you may not have lived it doesn't mean it is not important. Unfortunatley, nobody learns from history and humans continue to make the same mistakes over and over and over again. Perhaps you should read a book and get some perspective, before you tell me to lighten up.
It isn't a fair comparison, but it's not meant to be. This whole thread is full of funny/sarcastic/cynical Photoshops. Some of them are bound to be offensive, and I can see how this one could be particularly bad for some, but for most people the "not funny' period has past (see The Producers, Rat Race, Inglorious Basterds.)

Old
07-06-2010, 11:59 AM
PhillyCurt12

hyperbole says "hi"

Old
07-06-2010, 12:03 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

I find your Kobe Bryant avatar offensive. Modern day Benedict Arnold there.

Old
07-06-2010, 12:13 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
I am also offended at the Hitler photoshops.

I had a family member (great great great Uncle) who died during the Holocaust. He was accidently shot by friendly fire while he was manning his watchtower.

Last edited by El Dandy*: 07-06-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old
07-06-2010, 01:15 PM
97FlyersKing18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I find your Kobe Bryant avatar offensive. Modern day Benedict Arnold there.
Really, you guys are getting on my case for being offended by Hitler being compared to the leader of the franchise we all love and love to criticize? Hitler led the brutal genocide of 6 Million Jews (hundreds of thousands of which were well known and highly qualified scholars, bankers, craftsmen and government leaders) and instigated a war that deployed allied soldiers to 4 different continents The joke is unacceptable and I proved the reasoning. Seriously, get off the internet and read a real historical book cover to cover. You would be amazed by the mistakes that mankind continues to make, generation to generation. The only way to stop the cycle is to become more educated.

If you want me to change my avatar and give me compelling evidence, I will heed to your request. However, I do not see a validity between Kobe and Hitler (a stretch even for Benedict Arnold being that Kobe spent his formative years in Italy and his glory years in Los Angeles) and will leave my avatar until you convice me to change it. If you are going to hate on Kobe, atleast pretend to discuss his "****" case 7 years ago (which was dismissed), not the fact he spurned your beloved city for Los Angeles. More or less, Kobe spurning Philadelphia for Los Angeles is like you dumping Sarah Jessica Parker and hooking up with Eva Longoria. The stage is yours Sob (or you can PM me if you want).

Old
07-06-2010, 01:26 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Really, you guys are getting on my case for being offended by Hitler being compared to the leader of the franchise we all love and love to criticize? Hitler led the brutal genocide of 6 Million Jews (hundreds of thousands of which were well known and highly qualified scholars, bankers, craftsmen and government leaders) and instigated a war that deployed allied soldiers to 4 different continents The joke is unacceptable and I proved the reasoning. Seriously, get off the internet and read a real historical book cover to cover. You would be amazed by the mistakes that mankind continues to make, generation to generation. The only way to stop the cycle is to become more educated.

If you want me to change my avatar and give me compelling evidence, I will heed to your request. However, I do not see a validity between Kobe and Hitler (a stretch even for Benedict Arnold being that Kobe spent his formative years in Italy and his glory years in Los Angeles) and will leave my avatar until you convice me to change it. If you are going to hate on Kobe, atleast pretend to discuss his "****" case 7 years ago (which was dismissed), not the fact he spurned your beloved city for Los Angeles. More or less, Kobe spurning Philadelphia for Los Angeles is like you dumping Sarah Jessica Parker and hooking up with Eva Longoria. The stage is yours Sob (or you can PM me if you want).
It would appear you're taking this too seriously. This is the internet. If you're offended about things like this, maybe you should stop using it. This is a website where we plaster Carcillo and Jokinen's face over the likes of the Devil, the Pope, Che, and other controversial figures. And as stated before, the use of Hitler in movies and even that famous youtube chop from "Downfall" has become a common humor theme.

I think the Hitler avatar is a bit extreme and in bad taste too (and I know my history, thanks for recommending the reading of a book ), but I really don't care if its used.

Old
07-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Valhoun*

Wow, some people do have their panties in a bit of a bunch. I mean, look at the glut of WWII shooters that I guarantee you ALL have played. They aren't there to honor anyone. They exploit a global tragedy for monetary gain and are mostly in existence due to multiplayer deathmatches. It's, quite literally, the worst kind of bastardization. All meaning and context is removed and we are left with a bunch of l33t-speaking children jumping around and throwing grenades while wearing Nazi uniforms.

I mean, hell, if you find that acceptable (and you should, most of those games are ****ing awesome) then a silly little photoshop of Charlie Chaplin should be just peachy.

Closed Thread