HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky for a couple young talented Defenceman!

Old
07-07-2010, 12:15 AM
flapanthersfan

vCash: 500
One of Keaton Ellerby/Colby Robak and Jason Garrison?

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 12:16 AM
EkLOLund

If Havlat didn't sign with the Wild, I could see them willing to do a Burns-Hemsky swap.

EkLOLund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

A bit early to talk about dealing Hemsky unless we can get an overpayment. These prospects will likely be available when he has 20 games left on his deal anyways. Teams throw around prospects all the time especially for proven first line players.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Serpico4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennerstheman View Post
It's been reported that his shoulder is very good! I think the Oilers are in need of a big Physical Defenceman. A offensive Dman wouldn't hurt either
Ryan Whitney should be able to handle most of your O-D duties, and I thought you guy's had a few solid defenseman in the system? No? Maybe they're ready to come up.

If I were an Oilers fan I'd like to see the club keep all of its good talent and just pay some solid and cheap veterans short money, short term contracts to help keep the ship steady while the youngbloods get they're feet wet.

Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 12:42 AM
zombiekopitor
GOALdobin

vCash: 100
Murray and its hard to put him in any trade offer but Demers....i dont think Sharks would do it but I think this is the value you are looking for? a #4 physical shut down guy and potential 2-3 puck mover with a year on his belt....seems even enough, but again dont really need Hemsky imo

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:15 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Any team trading for Hemsky is very, very lucky. Guy might be the single most underrated forward talent in the NHL.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:23 AM
timekeep

Oil need a forward and a dman for Hemsky, not two dmen.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Wheatking

I think Oilers fans are forgetting how good Hemsky is. It's really amazing. If we trade him we're going to need a RWer. There is a strong possibility that Eberle is never a 1st line player...nevermind next season.

I'm just going to post a few highlights to remind Oilers fans of how Hemsky can win a game almost single handedly.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:50 AM
Parise09*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoner View Post
Murray and its hard to put him in any trade offer but Demers....i dont think Sharks would do it but I think this is the value you are looking for? a #4 physical shut down guy and potential 2-3 puck mover with a year on his belt....seems even enough, but again dont really need Hemsky imo
He has more heart than anyone on the Sharks.

what a joke offer

Not to mention he'd be a ppg+ player on the sharks...and on a 4.1 mill cap hit for 2 more years

Parise09* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Predsrule

Blum + Ward + Sulzer
from Nashville?

Blum is gona be big...
But Hemsky becomes our best Fwd and 4.5 might be a little to bring on but we are sending 1.5+ .8 + .7= 3mill the other way so only taking on 1.5 as Hemsky is to be paid 4.5 ..

Last edited by Predsrule: 07-07-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 03:09 AM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by EkLOLund View Post
If Havlat didn't sign with the Wild, I could see them willing to do a Burns-Hemsky swap.
I couldn't.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 03:38 AM
redcard

Kings could be interested, but they're more in the market for a LW, is Hemsky comfortable on the left? If not they may want to send Justin Williams the other way but a guy like Hickey could definitely be available.

Williams, Hickey, Drewiske/Martinez for Hemsky? Picks added to even it out either way.

Drewiske's a young guy who can step in now and got some good experience with the Kings last season. Hickey may take a year or so to be fully ready but if the Oilers are truly low on D-men I could see him playing a few games on injury call-up. He truly is a blue-chip with a ton of potential and would be the main piece going to the Oilers. Williams has one more year on his deal and can make up for half of the offense you lose with Hemsky if JW stays healthy (big if).

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 03:43 AM
Meganuck*

Hemsky tries to hot dog it WAY too much. He is a good player though.

What about Hemsky for Bogosian?

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 03:49 AM
Horseradish

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontomapleleafer View Post
idk hes good, but hes also very injury prone. i will tell you know its not worth a schenn, but not as low as a finger. maaaybe a bieska type.
Burke would do backflips if he could get Hemsky for Schenn.

Last edited by William H Bonney: 07-09-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 03:55 AM
Rpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganuck View Post
Hemsky tries to hot dog it WAY too much. He is a good player though.

What about Hemsky for Bogosian?
No way would the Oilers turn that down if the Thrashers actually offered it.

Rpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 03:56 AM
Horseradish

Edmonton's not trading Hemsky for 2 young d-men at this point. What they're going to go into the season with 1 veteran, 1 guy in his later 20s and 4-5 guys younger than 22 as their top 6? No freaking chance.

The one thing Edmonton would trade Hemsky for would be a centre with his kind of point production. MAYBE a marquee #1-2 dman in his 20s but I think there are solid guys in every UFA class to fill that role, so I would doubt it.

Old
07-07-2010, 04:02 AM
Horseradish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Any team trading for Hemsky is very, very lucky. Guy might be the single most underrated forward talent in the NHL.
After reading some of these offers, no ****.

He's got a great contract, is a PPG player, lethal on the PP, one of the best passers in the league...and this is all with virtually nobody to play with him since Smytty left (and even Smytty isn't really a full-fledged 1st liner).

Old
07-07-2010, 04:45 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Kings could be interested, but they're more in the market for a LW, is Hemsky comfortable on the left? If not they may want to send Justin Williams the other way but a guy like Hickey could definitely be available.

Williams, Hickey, Drewiske/Martinez for Hemsky? Picks added to even it out either way.
This is basically what I was going to throw out there.

Williams
Drewiske
[selection of D prospect]
[pick based on which prospect]

Williams is probably going to get injured at some point, but he can produce some of what Hemsky brought as a fill-in. 1 year left on his contract at 3.5.
Drewiske is young and can jump in right away. He should be a solid bottom pairing guy, although wouldn't be an ideal top 4.
Whatever D prospect is wanted (probably Hickey?). Most are a year or two away, but some could be given NHL time next year if desired.
If not Hickey, you could probably pull a decent pick as well. Maybe even if it is Hickey, I don't know.

I don't know if that's what Oilers fans are looking for though.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 05:12 AM
denkiteki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post
It's not very often that a player plays the full 82 games in a season. It often has nothing to do with injuries though.
ie the flu
Thats true but he also played less than 70 games 3 times in his career (beside last season, 59 and 64 and you can't credit that to the Flu... Flu = miss 2 or 3 games a year, not 8+). That said he does have value, its just his value is probably at a low point for him and right now, he's much more valuable to the Oilers than the rest of the league. Its doubtful he will be able to fetch 2 young talented dman (unless talented is just a reference to someone who can play in the NHL).

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 05:34 AM
Caje

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Hemsky gets no respect, especially from Oiler fans. PPG player making 4.1 mil. You don't see that very often.

Caje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 05:48 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonite View Post

He's had one serious injury in his entire career. I accept that he has durability issues but 'very injury prone' is a label we'll stick to Souray instead.

Youre kidding me if you think he;s only worth Bieksa.

i nwonder if you would have thought halak was only worth lars eller, or phaneuf matt stajan, or hossa colby armstrong, or kovalchuk the 24th overall and begfors, or joe thornton marco sturm..

point being trades never ever ever materialize for a fifth of what the hometown fans dream..

at best hemsky would get moved for a guy like cowen and a salary dump.

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 05:59 AM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorDre View Post
Hemsky gets no respect, especially from Oiler fans. PPG player making 4.1 mil. You don't see that very often.
You do when the player in question is a winger, has no 2-way game, is one of the least physical players in the entire NHL, and can't score 25 goals in a season. Plus, he's never actually been a point per game player.

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 06:02 AM
zorz

Oilers should trade him only if somebody's going to overpay. Trading him at all costs would be mistake. My tip is the guy will make about 90 points next season.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 06:12 AM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA View Post
You do when the player in question is a winger, has no 2-way game, is one of the least physical players in the entire NHL, and can't score 25 goals in a season. Plus, he's never actually been a point per game player.
Yup.

He's flashy, lots of talent. But not exactly a superstar.

But hey, Sedin was in a similar position (I'd have taken either over Hemsky though) before this season and he just put up 112 points.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 06:13 AM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Oilers should trade him only if somebody's going to overpay. Trading him at all costs would be mistake. My tip is the guy will make about 90 points next season.
What was the last season where people didn't say that about Hemsky. Seems like he is always about to break out and never actually does it.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote