HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky for a couple young talented Defenceman!

Old
07-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Canucker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Neither did the Sedin's until they were 29 years old.

Hemsky is not injury prone. How many times do we need to hear this? He's had one freak accident which happened this year, ALL of his injury's have been as a result of a dirty play.

And I can't find the dirty Tootoo hit but Hemmer missed a few weeks thanks to Tootoo jumping up on a hit to break Hemsky's nose.

And Hemsky has never underachieved, he has never had linemates until this season when Handzus boarded him early into it.

"you aren't going to get a King's ransom for the guy unless a bonehead GM overpays."
That's all that comment deserves.
I could care less about how he gets injured....the fact is he GETS injured. You seem to have an excuse for every poor aspect of Hemsky and can't be objective so I'll leave you to your blind "adoration" of the guy and try to have more meaningful discussions with people a little more planted in reality.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I could care less about how he gets injured....the fact is he GETS injured. You seem to have an excuse for every poor aspect of Hemsky and can't be objective so I'll leave you to your blind "adoration" of the guy and try to have more meaningful discussions with people a little more planted in reality.
Many players in the league would have been injured on those players, I dont think you get what I'm saying here.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:06 PM
RoyalOverQuads

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennerstheman View Post
I'd do it
Of course you would. I don't thinik the thrashers would.

RoyalOverQuads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:13 PM
jboknows

Quote:
Originally Posted by martins1996 View Post
To Edm: D Keith Aulie and D Carl Gunnarsson

To Tor:Rw Ales Hemsky
100% NO. There is no way in hell I'd give him up right now... maybe he's not as good as the year indicated he was, but if he is, this is a horrible deal.

jboknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:13 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Many players in the league would have been injured on those players, I dont think you get what I'm saying here.
And many players in the league would lose trade value because of it. Injuries rarely heal to 100%, and its a sign that Hemsky doesn't know how to avoid putting himself in those kinds of positions.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboknows View Post
100% NO. There is no way in hell I'd give him up right now... maybe he's not as good as the year indicated he was, but if he is, this is a horrible deal.
I think Hemsky is overrated/hyped but Leafs fans are just funny

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:28 PM
KesseltoLupul

Tomas Kaberle
Keith Aulie
For
Ales Hemsky
Patrick O'Sullivan
3rd Round Pick

KesseltoLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:29 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboknows View Post
Your right that is a horrible deal try adding in Luke Schenn.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:29 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by martins1996 View Post
To Edm: D Keith Aulie and D Carl Gunnarsson

To Tor:Rw Ales Hemsky
The Leafs have absolutely no incentive to do this. Gunnarsson will not be traded. This season will be big for him, to prove last season wasn`t a fluke. If he is the player we think he is....in a couple years he will be worth 2 Hemskys.
No chance.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganuck View Post
Hemsky tries to hot dog it WAY too much. He is a good player though.

What about Hemsky for Bogosian?

Normally I hate that response, but your post is more then worthy.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:30 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 View Post
Tomas Kaberle
Keith Aulie
For
Ales Hemsky
Patrick O'Sullivan
3rd Round Pick
Kaberle is not needed on a rebuilding team, O'Sullivan is not with us and WE have to add a third.

Leaf Fan.

Old
07-07-2010, 01:31 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
The Leafs have absolutely no incentive to do this. Gunnarsson will not be traded. This season will be big for him, to prove last season wasn`t a fluke. If he is the player we think he is....in a couple years he will be worth 2 Hemskys.
No chance.....

Normally I hate that response, but your post is more then worthy.
I think he is probably worth 2 firsts and a second.

Old
07-07-2010, 01:33 PM
KingsCrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Kings could be interested, but they're more in the market for a LW, is Hemsky comfortable on the left? If not they may want to send Justin Williams the other way but a guy like Hickey could definitely be available.

Williams, Hickey, Drewiske/Martinez for Hemsky? Picks added to even it out either way.

Drewiske's a young guy who can step in now and got some good experience with the Kings last season. Hickey may take a year or so to be fully ready but if the Oilers are truly low on D-men I could see him playing a few games on injury call-up. He truly is a blue-chip with a ton of potential and would be the main piece going to the Oilers. Williams has one more year on his deal and can make up for half of the offense you lose with Hemsky if JW stays healthy (big if).
Hemsky

for

Stoll/Williams
Teubert
Drewiske/2nd

KingsCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:35 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCrown View Post
Hemsky

for

Stoll/Williams
Teubert
Drewiske/2nd
Not good enough.

Old
07-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Laterade

There is no negotiating with Oiler fans all they do is ***** and moan about how the unfair the deal is and dont even try and negotiate. This thread is a lost cause i dont know why people even try.

Laterade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:41 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laterade View Post
There is no negotiating with Oiler fans all they do is ***** and moan about how the unfair the deal is and dont even try and negotiate. This thread is a lost cause i dont know why people even try.
Better than canuck fans throwing offers for Bieksa.

Old
07-07-2010, 01:46 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
I think Hemsky is overrated/hyped but Leafs fans are just funny
i wouldnt trade Gunner+ for an injury prone RW(which we dont need another of) either

would you trade Hammer+ for him?

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:46 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laterade View Post
In that case, you'd best run along now, junior.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Wow...so let me get this straight. Hemsky is injury prone because a player slammed him into the boards when he was in a vulnerable position thus injuring his shoulder. If someone needs a little reality IMO it would be you. Injuries are a part of hockey, pull up any players stat sheet and you will see that...whether it be Midget, Junior, AHL or NHL, at one time or another everyone gets hurt with few exceptions. Injury prone players typically get groin pulls or have sore backs (ie. Khabby), getting destoyed into the end boards doesn't fit the category.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Mr.Prez
Why not Zoidberg?

vCash: 129
Useless and Pointless thread.

From an Oiler fan's perspective... why do you want him traded? 70 point players at 4.1Mill don't come around everyday and with Hemsky gone 5 of your top 6 players will be under 22.

Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Penner-Brule-Cogliano

Don't you think these guys need a mentor? Or is Penner going to fill in that role?

From everyone elses' perspective... well since you're calling him injury prone all I have to say is

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/...e-674c38f4c519

4.1Mill cap hit next 2 years

Mr.Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
Wow...so let me get this straight. Hemsky is injury prone because a player slammed him into the boards when he was in a vulnerable position thus injuring his shoulder. If someone needs a little reality IMO it would be you. Injuries are a part of hockey, pull up any players stat sheet and you will see that...whether it be Midget, Junior, AHL or NHL, at one time or another everyone gets hurt with few exceptions. Injury prone players typically get groin pulls or have sore backs (ie. Khabby), getting destoyed into the end boards doesn't fit the category.
Sorry, the guy gets demolished consistently. Every game against Calgary, Robin Reghier chews him up and spits him out. The guy doesn't avoid contact well enough. Not every hit on the guy is a cheapshot. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy...he's incredibly skilled and he's ballsy but he gets hurt. Less games played than injury prone Sami Salo over the past 5 years. So nobody in their right mind is going to overpay to get him. Nuff said.

Old
07-07-2010, 02:25 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Prez View Post
Useless and Pointless thread.

From an Oiler fan's perspective... why do you want him traded? 70 point players at 4.1Mill don't come around everyday and with Hemsky gone 5 of your top 6 players will be under 22.

Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Penner-Brule-Cogliano

Don't you think these guys need a mentor? Or is Penner going to fill in that role?

From everyone elses' perspective... well since you're calling him injury prone all I have to say is

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/...e-674c38f4c519

4.1Mill cap hit next 2 years
Exactly, I'm tired of the "Hemsky for..." threads. The only way Hemsky is moved right now, is if it is a package for a top line centre. But that's a longshot at best, so no thanks to a Hemsky trade. Hemsky for Jeff Carter would make sense to the Oilers. Hemsky for prospects does not.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Exactly, I'm tired of the "Hemsky for..." threads. The only way Hemsky is moved right now, is if it is a package for a top line centre. But that's a longshot at best, so no thanks to a Hemsky trade. Hemsky for Jeff Carter would make sense to the Oilers. Hemsky for prospects does not.
^This. Hemsky's value to the Oilers is more than his value around the league.

Old
07-07-2010, 02:31 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Sorry, the guy gets demolished consistently. Every game against Calgary, Robin Reghier chews him up and spits him out. The guy doesn't avoid contact well enough. Not every hit on the guy is a cheapshot. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy...he's incredibly skilled and he's ballsy but he gets hurt. Less games played than injury prone Sami Salo over the past 5 years. So nobody in their right mind is going to overpay to get him. Nuff said.
How incorrect can one post be? Regehr has tagged Hemsky a couple of times, but not every game. Hemsky undresses Regehr all the time. Regehr leans on him in the corner, sure, thats what he does, but to say that he is destroyed is very wrong. Hemsky has had 1 major injury in his career, unlike Mr. Salo, who's body is falling apart. He has had a couple of small nagging injuries that made him sit for 5-10 games. Oh damn, the horror. Salo hasn't played more than 67 games in a season since before the lockout. Hemsky has had two seasons under 64, and one was from a dirty hit from behind that ended his season, and would likely have put basically any player in the NHL on the shelf.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
How incorrect can one post be? Regehr has tagged Hemsky a couple of times, but not every game. Hemsky undresses Regehr all the time. Regehr leans on him in the corner, sure, thats what he does, but to say that he is destroyed is very wrong. Hemsky has had 1 major injury in his career, unlike Mr. Salo, who's body is falling apart. He has had a couple of small nagging injuries that made him sit for 5-10 games. Oh damn, the horror. Salo hasn't played more than 67 games in a season since before the lockout. Hemsky has had two seasons under 64, and one was from a dirty hit from behind that ended his season, and would likely have put basically any player in the NHL on the shelf.
uh huh....more excuses. Count the games played over a 5 year period and tell me who played more.

Old
07-07-2010, 02:44 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Hemsky has missed at least 10% of the season in all but 1 of his 7 NHL years. I'd say that's enough to make me worry about how he'd hold up long term.

But I don't think it significantly reduces his value

hatterson is offline   Reply With Quote