HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Random Thought of the Day

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2010, 06:41 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
I've kept an article about the Senators losing money open in my browser since last night.

Why?

To quote Greg House, "It just... makes me smile."

Old
07-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
I just checked and I use about a fifth the number of stamps I used just 2 years ago. That is amazing. The Post Office is going to have to change its focus--they can't make it doing what they've done in the past and stamps are quickly becoming a relic. So they can charge it, but I'll just find another way to send stuff.
How about they cut Saturday mail instead? DUH. My mother almost went into cardiac arrest last night from watching the news.

RTOTD: If you are cheated on do you give the other person a 2nd chance?

Old
07-07-2010, 01:46 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
RTOTD: If you are cheated on do you give the other person a 2nd chance?
gonna need more details than that. This one gets thorny. Is this pre-marriage, post-marriage, long time relationship, etc?

Old
07-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
gonna need more details than that. This one gets thorny. Is this pre-marriage, post-marriage, long time relationship, etc?
long time relationship (year if that counts).

She was honest about it a few days later but...

1. It was with an ex
2. she made out with him after talking to me on the phone just ten minutes prior to her betraying me.
3. Our relationship is long distance (college relationship so we are together most of the year).
4. She lied about it at first then told the truth.
5. Things kinda went down hill from there and we tried working on it for a month but she refused to really talk about it and put forth willingness to fix it.
6. She broke up with me though she "still loved me." She is a professional musician and music is the #1 in her life. Sadly, my clingy "you just cheated on me feelings were driving her away (even though she caused the problem in the first place). We ended on a positive note, hopeful for the near and far future.
7. Two days later she makes out with another guy.
8. She tries to reach out to me as a friend and let's just say I lost it and kicked her butt to the curb.
9. Now I am regretting that because I still really do love and care about her. I know she does too (at least she says she does) and she really has done some things to try and repair problems in the past. This was a really serious relationship and I am unsure about where to go from here. We've been seperated about two weeks, but we can't seem to stop talking to each other because we miss each other.

Little bit of help guys (gals)

Old
07-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:

1. It was with an ex
2. she made out with him after talking to me on the phone just ten minutes prior to her betraying me.
3. Our relationship is long distance (college relationship so we are together most of the year).
5. Things kinda went down hill from there and we tried working on it for a month but she refused to really talk about it and put forth willingness to fix it.
6. She broke up with me though she "still loved me." She is a professional musician and music is the #1 in her life. Sadly, my clingy "you just cheated on me feelings were driving her away (even though she caused the problem in the first place). We ended on a positive note, hopeful for the near and far future.
8. She tries to reach out to me as a friend and let's just say I lost it and kicked her butt to the curb.
9. Now I am regretting that because I still really do love and care about her. I know she does too (at least she says she does) and she really has done some things to try and repair problems in the past. This was a really serious relationship and I am unsure about where to go from here. We've been seperated about two weeks, but we can't seem to stop talking to each other because we miss each other.

you made the right decision ... fool me once - shame on you ... fool me twice - shame on me ... fool me a third time ... well you get the idea

Last edited by Joe T Choker: 07-07-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old
07-07-2010, 02:41 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

My post isn't going to help you, but here it goes.

Without really knowing her it could be a couple of different personality types. It could be that she hasn't been with that many people and she is at that age where she has a wild hair she has to get out. On the other hand it could be that is going to be the way she is.

You dont really sound mad about it. So if I were you I might give her ONE more chance. Just don't let her get you into a situation where she gets the cake and eats it too.

Old
07-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
My post isn't going to help you, but here it goes.

Without really knowing her it could be a couple of different personality types. It could be that she hasn't been with that many people and she is at that age where she has a wild hair she has to get out. On the other hand it could be that is going to be the way she is.

You dont really sound mad about it. So if I were you I might give her ONE more chance. Just don't let her get you into a situation where she gets the cake and eats it too.
Oh trust me. Number 7 on the listed really made me mad. I yelled at her for a good hour and called her just about everything in the book.

Old
07-07-2010, 03:26 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Oh trust me. Number 7 on the listed really made me mad. I yelled at her for a good hour and called her just about everything in the book.
Then cut all ties. Delete her phone number. De-friend her on all of the social sites. Just be done and move on. Its her loss.

Old
07-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
Then cut all ties. Delete her phone number. De-friend her on all of the social sites. Just be done and move on. Its her loss.
Seems like such a waste...

Old
07-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Seems like such a waste...
The problem is that under those sorts of circumstances you can end up becoming the "reliable backup" or "fallback guy" to lean on, and not everybody has the temperament or patience for that.

A second chance might be warranted, but be on the alert.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
07-07-2010, 04:19 PM
braindead

Quote:

1. It was with an ex

How much does she like hockey?

Old
07-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
How much does she like hockey?
Doesn't really. She grew to like it because I liked it. I learned more about classical music from her.

Though I DID teach her brother how to play!

Old
07-07-2010, 04:35 PM
braindead

Quote:
Doesn't really. She grew to like it because I liked it. I learned more about classical music from her.

Though I DID teach her brother how to play!
That seals it for me- time to start looking for Ms. Right instead of Ms. Right Now. Too much drama.

Wasn't Memphis Hockey Fan in the market for a hockey fan at some point. Having met neither of you, I can say with absolute conviction that you would be perfect for each other.

Old
07-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Pattypred

Quote:

1. It was with an ex

If she cheats and lies once, she will do it again. Be friends if you must but protect your heart.

Take my advice or not. It's given freely from "just an old woman" who's been there on the other side. Trust and truth are an absolutely MUST.

Old
07-07-2010, 06:07 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:

1. It was with an ex

If you go back to her, we all get to shoot you with the weapon of OUR choice. Don't be an idiot.

Old
07-07-2010, 06:33 PM
roseyc

Quote:

1. It was with an ex

Just move on and when you get to the other side you'll look back and say yeah I did the right thing. Oh! by the way when you find someone else she'll really try harder to get you back ..don't do it

Old
07-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
If you go back to her, we all get to shoot you with the weapon of OUR choice. Don't be an idiot.
Mother of God I do NOT want YOU shooting me with anything!

Let's see where to start...

braindead: I agree. Too much drama to ever get back together.

Be friends if you must but protect your heart.

Man isn't that the truth. Talked to her today and basically it went something like "I love you Joe, but I don't want to be with you right now but I don't want to lose you because I love you." Clear as mud. What it looks like to me is that she wants it both ways and I am not going to be toyed around with. Still haven't made a decision to be honest... though 101st's idea is down right terrifying.

roseyc: Again I agree, but it just isn't that easy.

I think now the question is do I leave the door somewhat open or slam it and lock it. While I still really like her, just too much in a month that has ruined the relationship.

Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 07-07-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old
07-07-2010, 08:08 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Mother of God I do NOT want YOU shooting me with anything!

Let's see where to start...

braindead: I agree. Too much drama to ever get back together.

Be friends if you must but protect your heart.

Man isn't that the truth. Talked to her today and basically it went something like "I love you Joe, but I don't want to be with you right now but I don't want to lose you because I love you." Clear as mud. To me she wants it both ways and I am not going to be toyed around with. Still haven't made a decision to be honest... though 101st's idea is down right terrifying.

roseyc: Again I agree, but it just isn't that easy.

I think now the question is do I leave the door somewhat open or slam it and lock it. While I still really like her, just too much in a month that has ruined the relationship.
I'll send an invite to the team as well. A Weber slapshot to the groin should fix things before I use more destructive means.

The filters here prevent me from describing exactly what she wants. It involves you on a string and other guys in her bed. (G-rated version)

Old
07-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
I'll send an invite to the team as well. A Weber slapshot to the groin should fix things before I use more destructive means.

The filters here prevent me from describing exactly what she wants. It involves you on a string and other guys in her bed. (G-rated version)
Chances are he would miss me and break Erat's leg. *SIGH*

Old
07-07-2010, 08:26 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Chances are he would miss me and break Erat's leg. *SIGH*
You'd still have a load in your shorts.

Old
07-07-2010, 10:07 PM
hockey diva

Kick her to the curb. She is just using you at this point. You're young and there are plenty of women out there who are hockey fans and not lying cheaters.

Old
07-08-2010, 06:30 PM
JamboPred

What happens if both your goaltenders get injured in the same game and can't continue?

Old
07-08-2010, 06:31 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboPred View Post
What happens if both your goaltenders get injured in the same game and can't continue?
YOu name an emergency goalie from your roster, get time to suit him up, and play him expecting to lose.

Old
07-08-2010, 06:35 PM
JamboPred

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
YOu name an emergency goalie from your roster, get time to suit him up, and play him expecting to lose.
Ha ha, ok thank you!

Old
07-08-2010, 06:39 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Jamie Allison suits up

Closed Thread