HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Development Camp - July 6-11th - Roster Announced

Old
07-07-2010, 09:28 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Let's see 1,000+ miles and zero income. Put me on the "Can't come list"

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 09:30 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Let's see 1,000+ miles and zero income. Put me on the "Can't come list"
And you call yourself a fan, pfttt.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 09:37 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
And you call yourself a fan, pfttt.
Yes I know. I'm pathetic but I have other pressing needs like job hunting. You know, the thing that pays for hockey tickets.

Old
07-07-2010, 09:39 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Yes I know. I'm pathetic but I have other pressing needs like job hunting. You know, the thing that pays for hockey tickets.
so you can put in applications on theway down

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 09:48 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
so you can put in applications on theway down
Done that. The whole paying for gas and food thing gets in the way.

Old
07-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Done that. The whole paying for gas and food thing gets in the way.
A real hockey fan would walk. And eat grass on the side of the road.

(sadly, this means I personally do not qualify as a real hockey fan.)

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 12:35 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
A real hockey fan would walk. And eat grass on the side of the road.

(sadly, this means I personally do not qualify as a real hockey fan.)
Girl, do you realize what fertilizers people use on their lawns....

But it would be a hell of a way to jump start my dieting.

Old
07-07-2010, 12:45 PM
token grinder

i just got back. only stayed an hour.

wilson looked to be actually be working on skills in front of the net while the rest of the guys were taught how to skate on rink A.

Rink B had guys working on sort quick passes and more agility type things

random thoughts...

lindback is on elarge human being. thought his glove looked quick. one thing bothered me though. his socks came up to his calves, leaviing them exposed. just bothered me.

ellis and josi both looked good in the agility drills. would have liked to seen ellis shoot thwepuck some, but rousell couldn't complete a 5 foot pass to him.

to me and another poster, blum looked like he didn't want to be there. going through the motions.

geoffrion looked a step faster than the theres, and quite frankly should as this point

budish kept falling down. he is at least two years from anything. looked awkward out there

watson looked about how he should. can see the talent, but needs to bulk up some. but another big body.

linus klasen may have the quickest hands i have ever seen.

Old
07-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Girl, do you realize what fertilizers people use on their lawns....

But it would be a hell of a way to jump start my dieting.

Well, yes, but I figured that as a Nashville fan you'd be used to taking s*** from other folks by now.

Old
07-07-2010, 01:25 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post

Well, yes, but I figured that as a Nashville fan you'd be used to taking s*** from other folks by now.

Are you kidding me? I'm like a textual coprophagiac. Hell, I'm waiting for the reaction from Canadians showing that the expansion of southern teams came BEFORE Bettman even came to office.

Old
07-07-2010, 01:37 PM
kivaerijo

lindback...HUGE!!! quick glove,,,doesnt like to use stick to much, goes down early IMO

all the goalies looked good to me, and then all of a sudden they didnt. guess its tough when people are just rifling shots at you every 2-3 seconds.

ellis is a natural leader. always talking out there and explaining things to others..think he is going to be something. still seems to handle himself well despite the size. great hockey sense, good shot, still finding the net from the point.

josi had good hands and skating ability..thought he looked bad on 2 on 1's though. backed into goalie to far and let the pass get across. (glengineer disagrees with my though. must have been looking at different times)

didnt notice watson that much. big/skinny/takes up a lot of room/ but didnt notice anything great. seems alittle lost right now. to be expected i guess.

klasen has some unbelievable hands..but looked a little out of control with his moves sometimes. not always smooth...but still great hands. and a great shot as well. good speed, but i must say..i didnt see him pass the puck too much

i really liked rask. on the small side, but didnt shy away from anything. drove to the net, fought hard for the puck, great hands as well, and nice speed too. just fun to watch. really like him. cant say it enough apparently.

like token grinder said. roussel couldnt make a little 5 foot set up pass to ellis at all. 4-5 different times, ellis had to pick it out of his own skates, till finely he looked up to the sky. little rediculous.

geoffrion made a couple great passes, and had a nice shot. when they were doing the skating drills, i notice he was a lot better skater turning left than right. he almost fell quite a few times on that drill when turning right.

its tough to keep track of everyone out there..but it was fun to see em out there anyway.

oh yeah...gelinas could still be playing. he looked good out there. wish he was involved with the team more than prospects (asst. maybe)

and ward was helping out as well duting the drills. nice to see him doing everything he can to be invloved, helping the team. love me some joel ward! he also looked skinnier to me.

just my observations..take it for what its worth. not much.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Are you kidding me? I'm like a textual coprophagiac. Hell, I'm waiting for the reaction from Canadians showing that the expansion of southern teams came BEFORE Bettman even came to office.
"But that can't be possible. It doesn't suit my prejudices, therefore it's wrong."

Anyways, enough hijacking the thread. I'm waitin' for more reports and pictures to further my spy mission to be entertained and informed by.

Old
07-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
For those of you wondering, like I was, who the power skating coach was out on the ice today...it was former UAH Chargers captain and current TPH Canada lead instructor Dwayne Blais.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Tapp

Thank you token grinder and kivaerijo for your reports from training camp. I was eagerly waiting to read some reports.

Willy Daunic on 104.5 said he went by today. He commented on the large number of fans there today. And then singled out Lindbäck and Klasen as two to keep an eye on.

SLake...I hope for (was expecting!) more of a report from you! So, spill . . .

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
ellis and josi both looked good in the agility drills. would have liked to seen ellis shoot thwepuck some, but rousell couldn't complete a 5 foot pass to him.

to me and another poster, blum looked like he didn't want to be there. going through the motions.

geoffrion looked a step faster than the theres, and quite frankly should as this point

budish kept falling down. he is at least two years from anything. looked awkward out there

watson looked about how he should. can see the talent, but needs to bulk up some. but another big body.

linus klasen may have the quickest hands i have ever seen.
This is bad news. Just an off day or has he always been this bad? Klasen sounds pretty good. Should be a good player at the AHL level... maybe NHL level.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 05:05 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
This is bad news. Just an off day or has he always been this bad? Klasen sounds pretty good. Should be a good player at the AHL level... maybe NHL level.
i don't know, but I was laughing becasue i felt terrible for ellis. hopefully just an off day. his skating looked ok, fwiw

Old
07-07-2010, 05:21 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Did anyone take notice to Blum?

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 08:18 PM
hockey diva

Blum didn't really do anything to distinguish himself from what I could tell. Wonder if he is going to be making a big push at training camp.

It was really great to see Gelinas out there. He was the consumate pro when he was here as a player. Played hard every shift even though he was on the fourth line. I hope he is passing on his work ethic and character to our prospects.

Was very glad to see a power skating coach working with the guys. It is definitely something that needs to be worked on even with some of our guys on the Preds. Franson in particular. They also did a drill where they played in close to the net and around the boards. It was hard to see with the players blocking the view but it was good to see them work on puck control in the corners.

Watson is a big boy and I am looking forward to him filling out and wearing our laundry in a few years.

I may try to go Sunday as well.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 09:00 PM
hattrix40

There has been one guy i have especially been impressed with so far at camp. Blum looks like he has gotten bigger and has looked really good out there. His shot has got harder and his play is even better than before. Also he had a nice goal in the mini game at camp.

hattrix40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 10:43 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
Did anyone take notice to Blum?
yeah. he looked like he was going throught the motions. i thought anyway. like he didn't want to be there. no jump like the kids had.

Old
07-07-2010, 11:48 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
yeah. he looked like he was going throught the motions. i thought anyway. like he didn't want to be there. no jump like the kids had.
heard you say that earlier, and i didnt think the same. thought he looked good and composed. like he had been there before, knew what was going on. but i could see your thinking as well.

the only players i saw with a lot of jump, were rask. i know there were others, but he is trying to make a statement for himself.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapp View Post
SLake...I hope for (was expecting!) more of a report from you! So, spill . . .
Had to leave early today and spent most of my time talking with several of the posters from the board. Also saw, but didn't get a chance to talk to Spank303 and Sabretooth among others. Good to see everyone back at the rink! Will be there tomorrow for the full session and also planning on heading downtown for the SOFU in the evening as well.

Hope to build a better opinion on players starting tomorrow. Mainly only got to see individual drills today and a few SAG's.

Couple initial impressions:
- Ellis has a lethal release on his wrister. Great attitude. Making the scouts look good.
- Blum did not impress me today in a very limited viewing. Missed several passes. Caught him holding twice when failing to move his feet and losing position during drills.
- Beck can sure shoot the puck. Like Ellis...lethal wrister.
- Klasen and Rask were bigger than I expected. Went in looking for Sully sized players, but was pleasantly surprised. Linus showed off some great hands and the ability to create offense with the puck on his stick. Joonas showed good skill as well, but thing that really impressed me was the second they went to SAG's he was really using his low center of gravity and strong legs to separate people from the puck. Very feisty. Very difficult to play against. Look forward to seeing both of them more this week.
- Seemed to me that every time I looked up to see who just scored on a nice shot...it was Cehlin. He really reminded me of Erat today. Another to keep an eye on.
- Don't know if it's a coincidence or it's something worked heavily at Notre Dame, bit from watching the skating drills...it was evident that both Ben Ryan and Ryan Thang have a lot of experience doing edge work drills. Ryan appeared to me to be a lot faster than I remember, but just needs to bulk up and bear down. Thang impressed me a couple times with his shot and definitely is a guy that excels more with his grit and work ethic than based on straight skill.
- Elsner got my attention a couple times. Very raw talent. I think the youngest player in camp.
- Budish is skating a lot better this year, but still shows a lot of rough edges to his game. At least two years from turning pro at this point.

I'm sure I'm missing a lot, but that's all for tonight. Need to get some sleep to rest up for a long day ahead tomorrow...

MIA today were Halischuk, Spaling, Aronson, and Bitetto. Joel Ward was on the ice working with Martin Gelinas and Lane Lambert during the first session. Ward exludes his love and appreciation for being a professional athlete and honestly...Gelinas could still crack the roster if he wanted to...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 01:04 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

This is great news to hear that Ellis is proving doubters wrong!

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 08:51 AM
kingofspades303

Is Foss at camp? If he is any report on him?

kingofspades303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 08:55 AM
glenngineer

At the end of the session, Gelinas and Ryan were playing a game of keep away and while Ryan is younger and quicker, Gelinas was schooling him with body positioning and stick handling. Mind you, it was playful fun but they were both smiling the entire time. I think Gelinas likes the role of mentor to these young kids and it shows. Just a fun thing to watch at the end of a long practice.

Pretty much what SLake, Grinder and Kivareijo have said is spot on.

Josi looks smooth as heck out there. Just has a confidence about him that stands out on the ice. Wasn't prefect by any means but he has the appearance of knowing what to do, where to be and doing it very calmly. He and Ellis I think could make a really strong push at camp this year. For all those that doubt Ellis and his size, he may be on the shorter size but if he is able to put on 10-15 pounds, he'll be very much like Bouillon except with exceptional talent. He's got great hands and very quick feet and agility.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote