HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Halak signs in St. Louis.

Old
07-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
. I love how everyone tries to predict what is likely gonna happen before it even happens and they speculate on what an agent will prevent us from doing.
Quote:
I think once the numbers are known from both signings this deal might even look less appealing. We'll see.
Quote:
I haven't read every post in this forum. If people were saying Price would get more or whatever, I must not have read it or maybe just ignored it. I think the idea is ridiculous. He doesn't have much bargaining power.
So there are a few things I am confused about here and I apologize in advance if I just misunderstood what you said, but I do happen to misunderstand what you write I would love for you to clarify it.

First, you call out someone for speculating the intentions of Halak's agent, which is something that is completely ration considering that speculation is not fact; it is just opinion and guessing about situations that we know nothing about.

You follow this up by claiming that once both deals(Halak and Price's contracts) are out, we may like this deal(the Halak trade) even less. So, you must be speculating the contents of Price's contract. There seems to be a contradiction in your reasoning, after all you have no fact other than personal sentiment to believe that the deal may be worse because after all you are insinuating that Price's contract will be expensive because what other reason would there be for the deal to be worse after the contracts are signed. I would love for you to clarify this point.

The next point I would like clarified is the followin: You mentioned that once both signings are out, the deal may look less appealing because of course you are assuming that Price will get a hefty contract because that is what the concern is about and you are acting as though it's a possibilty. However, you follow this up by claiming that you don't believe Price will get more money(refering to the fact that people are mentioning that now that he is the clear#1 he can ask for the moon) and that it is ridiculous to think so because he has no bargaining power...If this is the case, why do you suspect that once both signings will be out, the Halak deal may look even worse.

I would love for you to clarify this in case there are misunderstandings.

Last edited by Andy: 07-07-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I wonder if there is a clause requiring playoff tickets to have his picture?

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 07:36 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
So there are a few things I am confused about here and I apologize in advance if I just misunderstood what you said, but I do happen to misunderstand what you write I would love for you to clarify it.

First, you call out someone for speculating the intentions of Halak's agent, which is something that is completely ration considering that speculation is not fact; it is just opinion and guessing about situations that we know nothing about.

You follow this up by claiming that once both deals(Halak and Price's contracts) are out, we may like this deal(the Halak trade) even less. So, you must be speculating the contents of Price's contract. There seems to be a contradiction in your reasoning, after all you have no fact other than personal sentiment to believe that the deal may be worse because after all you are insinuating that Price's contract will be expensive because what other reason would there be for the deal to be worse after the contracts are signed. I would love for you to clarify this point.

The next point I would like clarified is the followin: You mentioned that once both signings are out, the deal may look less appealing because of course you are assuming that Price will get a hefty contract because that is what the concern is about and you are acting as though it's a possibilty. However, you follow this up by claiming that you don't believe Price will get more money(refering to the fact that people are mentioning that now that he is the clear#1 he can ask for the moon) and that it is ridiculous to think so because he has no bargaining power...If this is the case, why do you suspect that once both signings will be out, the Halak deal may look even worse.

I would love for you to clarify this in case there are misunderstandings.
Poorly worded, I agree. What I am saying is I think Halak got less than many expected. Many had him pegged from 4 to over 5. He signed what I consider to be a cap friendly contract for what he will offer the Blues.

I'm not sure what CP worth is or how much his camp is expecting, but it could easily turn out to be much closer to Halak than we initially thought. Making the savings from trading Halak marginal. I don't know for sure that's why I said "may".

I'm not really predicting anything, just an observation. It could end up being a 2mill savings, in which case it is probably worth it. Little different than suggesting an agent of a certain player might hold us ransom next year, before the season has even played out.
If Halaks season was a fluke and he's unproven and unlikely to continue his performance, on what grounds would an agent have to ask for the moon? THe hypocrisy on these boards is astounding at times, yet you just continue to quote me.

Last edited by habsjunkie2*: 07-08-2010 at 07:45 AM.
habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote