HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[OTT/STL] With the 16th pick Ottawa Selects David Rundblad (Trade for STL #17 2009)

Old
07-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Karlssonlee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
A very offensively-minded defence can more than compensate for a weak group of forwards. The puck-moving nature of our future defence will allow for an abundance of scoring opportunities. As Murray put it following the Gonchar signing, we'll be in possession of the puck for the majority of the game, in theory at least. Add to that a deadly powerplay with Gonchar, Karlsson, Wiercioch and Rundblad, and I don't see us lacking offence at all. It just won't be as top-heavy as it once was. We have as many weapons on the back end as most teams have up front.

People often speak of players' ability to make his linemates better. Crosby is a good example. I feel that a great defenseman can have the same effect on his forwards. Watching the Stanley cup finals, I realized that Duncan Keith could make players like Ladd, Madden and Brouwer much more dangerous than they would otherwise be. When a quality defenseman is on the ice, he can make a fourth liner look like Alex Ovechkin. While I don't think we have a Duncan Keith in our prospect pool, players like Karlsson and Wiercioch are certainly capable of injecting offence into our forwards with smooth, calculated passes up ice and by joining the rush when necessary.

Cowen - Karlsson
Gonchar - Wiercioch
Phillips - Rundblad

Is what we could be looking at in a couple years. It could be one of the most expensive defence cores in the league, but I think it could be the foundation of a cup contender.
This is a really good point your making, because some players aren't puck carriers or aren't flashy by any means, but it doesn't mean that they aren't good offensive players. A guy like Holmstrom endured alot of success thanks to Detroits puck possession style and there defence's ability to control the powerplay and being able to skate the puck in. It allows players that are good inside the blue-line to excel.

I feel that players that we currently have in our system like Foligno, Z.Smith, Fisher even Winchester, would benefit from this. Good board players that can cycle, work hard and crash the net

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 07:57 AM
DDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
A guy like Holmstrom endured alot of success thanks to Detroits puck possession style
Poor him, must be such a cross to bear...

DDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 08:26 AM
operasen

Cowen - Karlsson
Gonchar - Wiercioch
Phillips - Rundblad
Gryba

I think you have that exactly correct for 2011/2012. I also like that the puck moving guy can come from either side to mix teams up a bit.

And in we'd have it for 2 years with Gonchar. If Lehner can step up there is a serious run in that group for 2012/2013.

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
So you feel that we should should support people who's job it is to make important decisions, and not question the merit even if they seem to be very poor choices?

You voted to re-ellect Bush didn't you?
I'm the kind of person who prefers to leave it to the experts. So unless you have a serious background in hockey, you have nothing to say. I play hockey 3 times a week, even during the summer, i watch tons of NHL games, i read forums, i even collect hockey cards. Heck, i know nothing compared to those persons. Do you know more than me? Even if you do, the gap is still astronomically huge between you and people like Bryan Murray.

Now you can go ahead and act like you know better, but it's your own choice. Live honestly with others and yourself, and die in peace. Or you might regret it if you don't

PS : I'm not american and have always been an anti-Bush. Good call

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Im more pro-bush, its more exotic that way, like you're in Vietnam on exploration.
lol.

On another note,it's the 2nd time today someone made me think of Forrest Gump. I'm due to watch it again. hehe

Old
07-08-2010, 03:02 AM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
lol.

On another note,it's the 2nd time today someone made me think of Forrest Gump. I'm due to watch it again. hehe
Peachtree plays it at least once a week, although u have to deal with the badly lip synced coverups for words like ****.

PoutineSp00nZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutineplato View Post
Peachtree plays it at least once a week, although u have to deal with the badly lip synced coverups for words like ****.
Don't worry, i have every movie i like on DVD