Notices

Cuts ...

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 04:12 PM
BruinsGod II

vCash: 500
Cuts ...

Bruins assign Kris Vernarsky and Rich Brennan to the P.Bruins ..

Cuts the number down to 28 .. As well on a side note .. The P Bruins released Greg Barber and John Cronin from camp which effectively ends their association with the Bruins organization ..

Old
09-30-2003, 04:26 PM
finzup77r

Send a message via AIM to finzup77r
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGod II
Bruins assign Kris Vernarsky and Rich Brennan to the P.Bruins ..

Cuts the number down to 28 .. As well on a side note .. The P Bruins released Greg Barber and John Cronin from camp which effectively ends their association with the Bruins organization ..
How many player can they keep?

Old
09-30-2003, 04:27 PM
neelynugs

vernarsky could use another year in providence- maybe he'll continue to develop a little offense down there.

as for brennan, count me in the minority i guess, b/c i think he's AHL material all the way. he showed glimpses of playing good hockey in boston last year, but he didn't impress me all that much. however, he's a good guy to have around in case of injury, and should do wonders for the young guys down in providence (morrisonn and likely jurcina)

so who's left?

F- thornton, murray, samsonov, rolston, axelsson, knuble, lapointe, zamuner, mccarthy, grosek, donato, stock, bergeron, huml, hilbert, samuelsson, zinovjev

D- boynton, mcgillis, gill, odonnell, moran, jillson, jurcina, kutlak

G- potvin, shields, raycroft

i may be missing someone

Old
09-30-2003, 04:28 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by finzup77r
How many player can they keep?
23 is the roster maximum

Old
09-30-2003, 04:37 PM
Ratty

Cuts

My guess is that , among the defencemen, Kutlak stays, and Jurcina starts out the year in Pro. Though their spots can be reversed if Kutlak fails to perform.

Among the forwards, LaPointe, obviously starts on the DL. Likewise, Hilbert, followed by a rehab stint in Pro. Bergeron stays on the big club for a few regular season games. Then he either cuts it and remains, or goes back to Acadie Bathurst. Zino goes to Pro to get a better feel for N.A. rinks and NHL style, subject to recall.

On goalies, B's hope, pray someone claims Shields in the waiver draft.

Old
09-30-2003, 04:45 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty
My guess is that , among the defencemen, Kutlak stays, and Jurcina starts out the year in Pro. Though their spots can be reversed if Kutlak fails to perform.

Among the forwards, LaPointe, obviously starts on the DL. Likewise, Hilbert, followed by a rehab stint in Pro. Bergeron stays on the big club for a few regular season games. Then he either cuts it and remains, or goes back to Acadie Bathurst. Zino goes to Pro to get a better feel for N.A. rinks and NHL style, subject to recall.

i spoke with a local writer during the b&w game, and he thought that the b's might keep 3 goalies for the first month of the season to see how things go. not the most ideal situation, but certainly good insurance.
i won't be surprised in the least if, after friday, nobody took steven, and the bruins bought him out for 800K (2/3 of his 1.2 million dollar salary). either way, i'm hoping we say good riddance to bad rubbish.

Old
10-01-2003, 10:30 AM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty

Given that Zinovjev is on a 1-way contract, he'll be in Boston or Siberia... the only time he can stay in Providence is for a 2-week conditioning stint.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
10-01-2003, 10:45 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
Given that Zinovjev is on a 1-way contract, he'll be in Boston or Siberia... the only time he can stay in Providence is for a 2-week conditioning stint.
It would be pointless assigning Zino to Providence for ten days. The last thing he needs right now is new faces in a new place. And we don't want to destroy his confidence either...

Old
10-01-2003, 02:13 PM
Duguay

Zino

I believe that Zino will start the season in Boston as either the 2nd or 4th Center.

Bergeron will probably get 9 games, and it'll be his job to lose. Either Hilbert or Zino will be inserted into the two slot if, and when Bergeron gets sent back to Quebec.

I expect Zino with start the season between Stock and McCarthy (and sometimes Grosek).

Old
10-01-2003, 05:43 PM
TMHUNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
Are you sure about that? I have always been under the impression, and assured of by a current NHL player, that the only difference between a one-way and a 2 way contract is the money. Players on 1 ways can be sent up and down as usual per NHL regulations, but will make the same money on either level, whereas two-way players get paid a fraction less at the AHL level.

Maybe you are referring to a special clause in Zinovjev's contract?

Old
10-01-2003, 05:49 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMHUNH
Are you sure about that? I have always been under the impression, and assured of by a current NHL player, that the only difference between a one-way and a 2 way contract is the money. Players on 1 ways can be sent up and down as usual per NHL regulations, but will make the same money on either level, whereas two-way players get paid a fraction less at the AHL level.

Maybe you are referring to a special clause in Zinovjev's contract?

I was told the same thing by the wife of a guy who is currently in the NHL. Boy was she po'd when he was called up to the NHL team, which was 1000 miles away from the AHL team, where they lived, and he ended up being scratched for 10 straight games. I vividly remember her saying that since he was being paid the same money, she'd rather he stay at home and actually play.

Closed Thread