HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oscar Moller

Old
07-08-2010, 12:31 AM
pwilson14

vCash: 500
Oscar Moller

With all the Kings talk going on with Kovalchuck or trades, I hear a lot about Wayne Simmonds and all of his value, I know he did have a break out season (those who haven't seen the kings play please don't talk down about him because of his stats, theres so much more to hockey then just stats.). Not much though has been mentioned about Oscar Moller who imo. is about to have a breakout season. I believe he's a stud, not the type to put up 90-100 points, but rather an awesome two way player who could post upwards to 70 points. Sadly though with all the talk of trades and what not with the kings, I believe he'll be one of the youngsters to go. What do you guys feel would be his value?

pwilson14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 01:56 AM
Osprey

When drafted, he was considered to have all of the tools to be a solid NHLer (speed, hands, grit, leadership, work ethic, etc.) except for size, and it was hoped that he would solve that naturally, with time. Unfortunately, he hasn't gained much weight since being drafted. All of his tools are still there, but, without size, he gets pushed around by the bigger players and isn't able to fully use those tools. He's sort of in that limbo where he doesn't score enough to be a 2nd-liner at the NHL level and is pushed around too easily to be an effective 3rd-liner.

I doubt that he'll ever be quite as good as you hope, unfortunately. If he sticks in the NHL, I think that his max potential at this point is along the lines of a Jarret Stoll... a solid, two-way player who can give you 40-50pts and be an assistant captain, but is not really anyone to write home about.

My personal guess is that you could get him for an early 3rd. He was drafted late in the 2nd three years ago, but has played 74 NHL games, so that helps to counter-balance some of the drop in value due to time. Management still likes him, but I think that the lack of progress is concerning them a little and they may be prepared to cut their losses if he has another so-so season or if they can get some good value for him in a trade. He's a great kid who's only 21, but he's not quite good enough yet to stick in the NHL full-time and the Kings have many youngsters who could use his ice-time in the AHL. If the Kings trade him, it'll probably be a depth decision more than any kind of unhappiness with him. I don't think that they're looking to trade him just yet, though, since it'd be smarter to see if he can break out this season, but is likely available if someone wants him enough to make it worth it to Lombardi to give him up.

Last edited by Osprey: 07-08-2010 at 02:26 AM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 02:14 AM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 50
I go with a late second.

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 02:35 AM
William H Bonney

Never as high as it was when HF rated him as the #10 prospect overall.

I like Moller. He's tenacious and has skill but the kid could get knocked over by the wind. He, so far, has always gotten up but it's only a matter of time before injuries start to kick in unless he bulks up.

I kind of thought he might get moved at the draft (he might still before the season) but unless some team is enamored with him, it's probably better off to just leave him in Manchester and see if he can improve.

07-08-2010, 02:48 AM
markisonfire

Honestly, right now, not a ton. That is why it pains me to see him "thrown in" to every dumb Kaberle proposal. If moller could gain 10 pounds and hold his ground, he would be a great two-way second line winger. Unfortunately, he wasn't blessed with size. He wouldn't make many clubs right now, but he is in that strange spot where if he makes it, he will be a stud, and if he doesn't, he won't end up doing a whole lot. Hope he shines.

markisonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 03:20 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

He will at the least be a 2nd line forward. He has too much tenacity and drive not to carve out a niche for himself. Unfortunately he may very well never make it beyond the status of journeyman, but I really hope the Kings hold on to him.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 03:25 PM
nuckfan insk

id love him in vancouver.

maybe as the centrepiece of a bieksa deal or for a 2nd

nuckfan insk is offline   Reply With Quote